Prevent editing in editmode

Peter Huisman
Hi,

I have an object on a page. Once in edit mode, I want certain properties of the object not to be editable. This in itself is not an issue since I can display the value using $object.getValue(‘propertyname’). I have however a custom displayer in place for this property which is activated using $doc.display($propertyname.getName()). Is it possible to use this displayer in edit mode?

With kind regards,

Peter

Re: Prevent editing in editmode

Jean SIMARD
Dear Peter,

You should be able to modify the custom displayer to change the way the
property is displayed in each mode.  Maybe this snippet [1] of code
could help you?

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

[1]
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/User+Property+Custom+Display

On 28/01/2016 12:25, Peter Huisman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an object on a page. Once in edit mode, I want certain properties of the object not to be editable. This in itself is not an issue since I can display the value using $object.getValue(‘propertyname’). I have however a custom displayer in place for this property which is activated using $doc.display($propertyname.getName()). Is it possible to use this displayer in edit mode?
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Peter

Jean Simard
[hidden email]
Research engineer at XWiki SAS
http://www.xwiki.com
Committer on the XWiki.org project
http://www.xwiki.org

Re: Prevent editing in editmode

Jean SIMARD
Oh, and I found that [1] too that could be useful.

Sincerely,

[1]
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/Which+variables+I+can+use+in+%22Custom+Display%22+field