Quantcast

[Problem] Problem with program and Script rights. How it work?

[Problem] Problem with program and Script rights. How it work?

arthur76
Hello, guys.

Info: I have a Xwiki forum, installed on Debian 8 (64-bit). Xwiki version is 9.1.2. And I use LDAP auth.

My problem is:
I have 1 user user (with Developer skills, eg with nickname "developer")
When forum was started, "developer" had the Program and Script rights and he installed
Now forum functions stably, and I as administrator don't want, that "developer" had this rights.

But because "developer" was a owner of scripts and extensions => when I untick from Program and Scripts => I get errors, like a:
"Failed to execute the [velocity] macro.
Cause: [The execution of the [velocity] script macro is not allowed.
Check the rights of its last author or the parameters if it's rendered from another script.].
Click on this message for details."

... on main page in places where should be navigation panels and menus. This elements was created by "developer".

May be my question could be like: "How I should be change owner of scripts/elements, that I can untick rights from 'developer' and don't get errors"

P.s.0 I read about of Script rights, and in this doc about of changes: http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki72#HScriptright and I ticked Script rights for XWikiAllGroup, but without this action my forum works fine.

P.s.1 For messages like a: "Create new user for developer, and leave afk first dev account" - sorry, but it is not my solution.

Thanks for understanding, Xwiki community.
Best regards,
Arthur

Re: [Problem] Problem with program and Script rights. How it work?

Hi arthur,

> On 6 May 2017, at 17:05, arthur76 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello, guys.
>
> Info: I have a Xwiki forum, installed on Debian 8 (64-bit). Xwiki version is
> 9.1.2. And I use LDAP auth.
>
> My problem is:
> I have 1 user user (with Developer skills, eg with nickname "developer")
> When forum was started, "developer" had the Program and Script rights and he
> installed
> Now forum functions stably, and I as administrator don't want, that
> "developer" had this rights.
>
> But because "developer" was a owner of scripts and extensions => when I
> untick from Program and Scripts => I get errors, like a:
> *"Failed to execute the [velocity] macro.
> Cause: [The execution of the [velocity] script macro is not allowed.
> Check the rights of its last author or the parameters if it's rendered from
> another script.].
> Click on this message for details."*
> ... on main page in places where should be navigation panels and menus. This
> elements was created by "developer".
>
> May be my question could be like: "How I should be change owner of
> scripts/elements, that I can untick rights from 'developer' and don't get
> errors"
>
> P.s.0 I read about of Script rights, and in this doc about of changes:
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki72#HScriptright
> and I ticked Script rights for XWikiAllGroup, but without this action my
> forum works fine.
>
> P.s.1 For messages like a: "Create new user for developer, and leave afk
> first dev account" - sorry, but it is not my solution.
>
> Thanks for understanding, Xwiki community.

I think what you want is to change the author/creator of some wiki pages.

ATM we dont have this feature buit-in but there’s an extension that you can install easily:
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Change%20Content%20Author

You could also check:
- http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Change%20creator%2C%20author%20or%20contentAuthor/
- http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Check%20Content%20Author

Hope it helps,

> -----
> --
> Best regards,
> Arthur

Re: [Problem] Problem with program and Script rights. How it work?

arthur76
Hi, Vincent.

Thank you for your attention.

I've installed now the Change Content Author extension, open the page, enter my "developer" nickname at first input field "Old content author user", and my/admin nickname at second field "New content author user".
Choose Change, extension offer to change owner of >380 pages, and choose Confirm.

After extension work, I try to untick Program and Script rights from "developer" user, but problem remained unsolved ;( and I still get errors.

May be do you have any others ideas?

P.s. I have the Program rights of course.
--
Best regards,
Arthur