Problem with broken link in header sections

Problem with broken link in header sections

ccoreggioli
Hello,

i found a problem when in a header section there is a broken link.

for example, in wiki editor mode i have:

= SOME TITLE [[Some Broken Link]] =

if i click "Preview" button the page is shown correctly. Changing the editor to WYSIWYG mode, when i click "Preview" button the following error appear:

content: Exception while parsing HTML

and the page won't show but it stands in editor mode. Tried with IE7, FF 3.5.8, Chrome and Safari.

I see this content http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-4536 classified as bug and closed, but there were no fixes.

Any workaround?

claudio

Re: Problem with broken link in header sections

Could you comment if you are able to reproduce it all the time and
detail it. I will reopen the issue.

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:04, ccoreggioli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i found a problem when in a header section there is a broken link.
>
> for example, in wiki editor mode i have:
>
> = SOME TITLE [[Some Broken Link]] =
>
> if i click "Preview" button the page is shown correctly. Changing the editor
> to WYSIWYG mode, when i click "Preview" button the following error appear:
>
> content: Exception while parsing HTML
>
> and the page won't show but it stands in editor mode. Tried with IE7, FF
> 3.5.8, Chrome and Safari.
>
> I see this content http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-4536 classified
> as bug and closed, but there were no fixes.
>
> Any workaround?
>
> claudio

Re: Problem with broken link in header sections

ccoreggioli
Hi Thomas,

yes, it always happen. if I complete the link (for instance [[Link>>URL]]) this problem disappear.

I'm using xwiki entreprise 2.2.2 on tomcat 5.5.20 running with jdk 1.6.0_18. SO is linux Centos 5.

on client side i tested it on win xp sp3 (last update) with IE7, FF 3.5.8, Chrome and Safari 3.

Suppose to be in wiki editor having this header:

= SOME TITLE with broken link [[LINK]] =

user can use this notation in order to create the page pointed in a second time. From wiki editor (syntax 2.0), if i want to see the preview i click the related button and the page preview appears. Now get back to editor, but WYSIWYG this time. Now, if i click the preview button from this editor, the page refreshes standing still in the editor and just between the editor itself and the buttons appears the message box:

content: Exception while parsing HTML

feel free to ask if you need any further details.

thanks,
claudio

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:37, ccoreggioli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> yes, it always happen. if I complete the link (for instance [[Link>>URL]])
> this problem disappear.
>
> I'm using xwiki entreprise 2.2.2 on tomcat 5.5.20 running with jdk 1.6.0_18.
> SO is linux Centos 5.
>
> on client side i tested it on win xp sp3 (last update) with IE7, FF 3.5.8,
> Chrome and Safari 3.
>
> Suppose to be in wiki editor having this header:
>
> = SOME TITLE with broken link [[LINK]] =
>
> user can use this notation in order to create the page pointed in a second
> time. From wiki editor (syntax 2.0), if i want to see the preview i click
> the related button and the page preview appears. Now get back to editor, but
> WYSIWYG this time. Now, if i click the preview button from this editor, the
> page refreshes standing still in the editor and just between the editor
> itself and the buttons appears the message box:
>
> content: Exception while parsing HTML
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4755889/error.jpg
>
> feel free to ask if you need any further details.

Actually i meant comment on the jira issue so that i can justify to
reopen the issue not here ;)

> thanks,
> claudio

Re: Problem with broken link in header sections

ccoreggioli
sorry, i misunderstood... :)

now i posted it on jira...

thanks a lot,
claudio

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 15:01, ccoreggioli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> sorry, i misunderstood... :)
>
> now i posted it on jira...

Thanks