Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
Hi,

We update our xwiki from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1 and have some problems - in page /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences we have no admin interface (screenshot below)



I try login with superadmin - such problem. How to return it ?







Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
Little update:  In browser console and tomcat logs - nothing when I open /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences

Who know how to  return admin panel ?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

Thomas Mortagne
Administrator
Do you have any idea who is the registered as author of most pages
(usually the user you used to do the upgrade) ? Usually the trick is
to make this user the owner of the main wiki. You can do that by going
to /xwiki/bin/edit/XWiki/XWikiServerXwiki and set this user reference
in owner field (and save).

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 8:09 AM, aleksey-s <[hidden email]> wrote:

> *Little update: * In browser console and tomcat logs - nothing when I open
> /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences
>
> Who know how to  return admin panel ?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-update-from-7-1-2-to-8-4-1-tp7601982p7601991.html
> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



--
Thomas Mortagne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
Hi, Thomas!

Thank you for answer. I check /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences  in version before and after update and see this:



I use admin user and I don't see anything in administration panel.

After update I see many errors such as:

Failed to execute the [velocity] macro. Cause: [The execution of the [velocity] script macro is not allowed. Check the rights of its last author or the parameters if it's rendered from another script.]. Click on this message for details.

I want to change permissions for scripts in admin panel, but it disappeared :(
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

Thomas Mortagne
Administrator
On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 11:40 AM, aleksey-s <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, Thomas!
>
> Thank you for answer. I check /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences  in
> version before and after update and see this:
>
> <http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7601995/xwiki_owner.jpg>
>
> I use admin user and I don't see anything in administration panel.

The user you are accessing the wiki with is not the subject here.

As you can see form the error you pasted the issue you have is that
the author of XWikiPreference pages (and others) does not have admin
right anymore so the fix is to give it back. So if Admin is the owner
then it means the author of those page is not Admin and you should try
to set a different user as owner (again it's usually the user you used
to do the upgrade).

>
> After update I see many errors such as:
>
> Failed to execute the [velocity] macro. Cause: [The execution of the
> [velocity] script macro is not allowed. Check the rights of its last author
> or the parameters if it's rendered from another script.]. Click on this
> message for details.
>
> I want to change permissions for scripts in admin panel, but it disappeared
> :(
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-update-from-7-1-2-to-8-4-1-tp7601982p7601995.html
> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



--
Thomas Mortagne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
Thomas, I login under superadmin and see history in /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences  - creater was superadmin. For most system pages owner is admin. In /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences owner admin. I did update xwiki to 8.4.1 under admin too. But admin and superadmin don't see administrator panel in /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences. But under admin I may edit /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences in object editor.
And I don't know why my custom  users in admin group (not admin and superadmin) lost all rights after update...

May be it is better to update xwiki from 7.1.2 to 7.4.5 first ?  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

Thomas Mortagne
Administrator
On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 2:46 PM, aleksey-s <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thomas, I login under superadmin and see history in
> /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences  - creater was superadmin. For most
> system pages owner is admin. In /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences
> owner admin. I did update xwiki to 8.4.1 under admin too. But admin and
> superadmin don't see administrator panel in
> /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences. But under admin I may edit
> /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences in object editor.
> And I don't know why my custom  users in admin group (not admin and
> superadmin) lost all rights after update...

Hard to tell without knowing what was your setup.

Usually it means you overwritten XWikiPreference or admin group
members during upgrade. You should make sure the proposed changes is
Ok when you have a conflict.

What you could try I guess is to check the history of
XWiki/XWikiPreference and XWiki/XWikiAdminGroup pages and revert to
the version before the upgrade.

>
> May be it is better to update xwiki from 7.1.2 to 7.4.5 first ?

I don't think it will change anything.

>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-update-from-7-1-2-to-8-4-1-tp7601982p7602002.html
> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



--
Thomas Mortagne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
Hi Thomas,

I revert changes for XWiki/XWikiPreference and XWiki/XWikiAdminGroup (to version before update). For XWikiAdminGroup it helped to restore admin rights, but for XWiki/XWikiPreference it not helped.

I don't see Admin UI in /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences  - page only show group members of XWikiPreferences

In web server logs I see GET requests if I open this page:

"GET /xwiki/bin/lock/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?ajax=1&action=admin& HTTP/1.1" 204 0 "http://localhost/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences"

"GET /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?xpage=getgroupmembers&offset=1&limit=15&reqNo=1&sort=member&dir=asc HTTP/1.1" 200 53 "http://localhost/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences"


What component show Admin UI instead group members ? (I think it not work for my version)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

Thomas Mortagne
Administrator
On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 9:42 AM, aleksey-s <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I revert changes for XWiki/XWikiPreference and XWiki/XWikiAdminGroup (to
> version before update). For XWikiAdminGroup it helped to restore admin
> rights, but for XWiki/XWikiPreference it not helped.
>
> I don't see Admin UI in /xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences  - page only
> show group members of XWikiPreferences
>
> In web server logs I see GET requests if I open this page:
>
> "GET /xwiki/bin/lock/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?ajax=1&action=admin& HTTP/1.1"
> 204 0 "http://localhost/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences"
>
> "GET
> /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?xpage=getgroupmembers&offset=1&limit=15&reqNo=1&sort=member&dir=asc
> HTTP/1.1" 200 53 "http://localhost/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences"

You have xpage=getgroupmembers in your URL which force the group UI.
Try to do to /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences.

>
>
> What component show Admin UI instead group members ? (I think it not work
> for my version)
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-update-from-7-1-2-to-8-4-1-tp7601982p7602004.html
> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



--
Thomas Mortagne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
Hi Thomas,

In /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences I see group members too (like as xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences). And in my logs appear similar record:

"GET /xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?xpage=getgroupmembers&offset=1&limit=15&reqNo=1&sort=member&dir=asc HTTP/1.1" 200 53 "http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiPreferences"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
In reply to this post by Thomas Mortagne
Hi,

Update: I tried to update my wiki from 7.1.2 to 7.1.4 - administrator panel is Ok.

If I update from 7.1.2 to 7.4.5 - administrator panel not work (I see group members instead panel). All updates I do with Distribution wizard after installing .war.  
If I create new/other wiki on my instalation  - administration panel Ok . But in my old wiki it not work.

If anyone know how to return administration panel (/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences ) in my wiki ?

 I think that not one page/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences  relate with it (I see many changes in Distribution wizard, but don't know what of it broke my panel ).
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

vmassol
Administrator
Hi Aleksey,

> On 17 Jan 2017, at 13:24, aleksey-s <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Update: I tried to update my wiki from 7.1.2 to 7.1.4 - administrator panel
> is Ok.
>
> If I update from 7.1.2 to 7.4.5 - administrator panel not work (I see group
> members instead panel). All updates I do with Distribution wizard after
> installing .war.  
> If I create new/other wiki on my instalation  - administration panel Ok .
> But in my old wiki it not work.
>
> If anyone know how to return administration panel
> (/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences ) in my wiki ?
>
> I think that not one page/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences  relate
> with it (I see many changes in Distribution wizard, but don't know what of
> it broke my panel ).

I guess the simplest would be for you to do a XAR import of the Administration application (http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Administration+Application) in version 7.4.5:

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/rest/repository/extensions/org.xwiki.platform%3Axwiki-platform-administration-ui/versions/7.4.5/file?rid=maven-xwiki

This will overwrite all the pages from the admin app. It’s possible that you had made some changes to those pages that broke it or that a bad merge was done during the Distribution Wizard at some point.

Let us now how it goes.

Thanks
-Vincent

> --
> View this message in context: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-update-from-7-1-2-to-8-4-1-tp7601982p7602434.html
> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
Hi Vincent,

It is good idea but I do not know how to import xar file without admin ui.

In instruction http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/ImportExport I found only:

 - Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences or click on the "Wiki" menu and then on "Administer Wiki"

But my Admin Application not work (it showing me group members of XWikiPreferences).

It is possible import xar without ui or may be exist different page for import ?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LDAP issue when moving from 8.0 to 8.4.4

Thébault, Médérick
In reply to this post by aleksey-s
Good morning,

I had a working set-up, connected to one AD.
I am trying to figure out what went wrong during my migration.
First, when accessing LDAP admin page of my wiki, "Le service LDAP n'est pas disponible. Veuillez vérifier votre
installation." can be seen. 'does not sounds good hum... even if the
Then when trying to change the log level to diagnose, I am not able to see the
com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl class, class referenced in the LDAP section of my xwiki.cfg file,
in the list of available classes.
Could you please pin point into the right direction?
I also browsed the extension, and saw that there is an extension for LDAP authentication when using ActiveDirectory. Is
it brand new?
Thank you very much for your answers.
Regards,

MT

--
Can you hear the thunder?

<table>
<div style="width:60%;">
<hr>
</div>
<p style="font-size:10px; font-family:Verdana;line-height:10px;color:grey;">
<b>Bretagne Angleterre Irlande (Groupe Brittany Ferries)</b><BR><BR>
Siège social : Port du Bloscon CS 60 072 29688 Roscoff cedex France - Tél + 33 2 98 29 28 00 - Fax + 33 2 98 29 27 00<BR>
Société Anonyme à directoire et conseil de surveillance au capital de 22.831.056 &euro;<BR>
RCS Brest 927 250 217 - Code APE 5010Z - Registre des Opérateurs de Voyages et de Séjours  N&deg; IMO29100011<BR><BR>

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.<BR>
Si vous le recevez par erreur, merci de bien vouloir nous en informer, et le supprimer.<BR>
This message and any attachments may contain confidential information for the intended recipient only.<BR>
If you have received it in error, please contact us, and delete it.<BR>
</p>
<div style="width:60%;">
<hr>
</div>
</table>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LDAP issue when moving from 8.0 to 8.4.4

Thébault, Médérick
No worries, I find a thread.
Sorry for the trouble

MT
-------- Message original --------
Sujet : [xwiki-users] LDAP issue when moving from 8.0 to 8.4.4
De : Médérick Thebault <[hidden email]>
Pour : XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
Date : 18/01/2017 11:01

> Good morning,
>
> I had a working set-up, connected to one AD.
> I am trying to figure out what went wrong during my migration.
> First, when accessing LDAP admin page of my wiki, "Le service LDAP n'est pas disponible. Veuillez vérifier votre
> installation." can be seen. 'does not sounds good hum... even if the
> Then when trying to change the log level to diagnose, I am not able to see the
> com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl class, class referenced in the LDAP section of my xwiki.cfg file,
> in the list of available classes.
> Could you please pin point into the right direction?
> I also browsed the extension, and saw that there is an extension for LDAP authentication when using ActiveDirectory. Is
> it brand new?
> Thank you very much for your answers.
> Regards,
>
> MT
>

--
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, it's dark and we are wearing sunglasses.
Hit it!
<table>
<div style="width:60%;">
<hr>
</div>
<p style="font-size:10px; font-family:Verdana;line-height:10px;color:grey;">
<b>Bretagne Angleterre Irlande (Groupe Brittany Ferries)</b><BR><BR>
Siège social : Port du Bloscon CS 60 072 29688 Roscoff cedex France - Tél + 33 2 98 29 28 00 - Fax + 33 2 98 29 27 00<BR>
Société Anonyme à directoire et conseil de surveillance au capital de 22.831.056 &euro;<BR>
RCS Brest 927 250 217 - Code APE 5010Z - Registre des Opérateurs de Voyages et de Séjours  N&deg; IMO29100011<BR><BR>

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.<BR>
Si vous le recevez par erreur, merci de bien vouloir nous en informer, et le supprimer.<BR>
This message and any attachments may contain confidential information for the intended recipient only.<BR>
If you have received it in error, please contact us, and delete it.<BR>
</p>
<div style="width:60%;">
<hr>
</div>
</table>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LDAP issue when moving from 8.0 to 8.4.4

vmassol
Administrator
Hi Thebault,

> On 18 Jan 2017, at 11:07, Thébault, Médérick <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No worries, I find a thread.
> Sorry for the trouble

Cool.

FYI XWiki SAS (http://xwiki.com) has also recently released an Active Directory application for XWiki (paying) that makes it simpler to use XWiki and AD.

See https://store.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/ActiveDirectoryApplication.

It’s also advertised from http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome

Just thought you might want to know ;)

Thanks
-Vincent

> MT
> -------- Message original --------
> Sujet : [xwiki-users] LDAP issue when moving from 8.0 to 8.4.4
> De : Médérick Thebault <[hidden email]>
> Pour : XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
> Date : 18/01/2017 11:01
>> Good morning,
>>
>> I had a working set-up, connected to one AD.
>> I am trying to figure out what went wrong during my migration.
>> First, when accessing LDAP admin page of my wiki, "Le service LDAP n'est pas disponible. Veuillez vérifier votre
>> installation." can be seen. 'does not sounds good hum... even if the
>> Then when trying to change the log level to diagnose, I am not able to see the
>> com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl class, class referenced in the LDAP section of my xwiki.cfg file,
>> in the list of available classes.
>> Could you please pin point into the right direction?
>> I also browsed the extension, and saw that there is an extension for LDAP authentication when using ActiveDirectory. Is
>> it brand new?
>> Thank you very much for your answers.
>> Regards,
>>
>> MT
>>
>
> --
> It's 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, it's dark and we are wearing sunglasses.
> Hit it!
> <table>
> <div style="width:60%;">
> <hr>
> </div>
> <p style="font-size:10px; font-family:Verdana;line-height:10px;color:grey;">
> <b>Bretagne Angleterre Irlande (Groupe Brittany Ferries)</b><BR><BR>
> Siège social : Port du Bloscon CS 60 072 29688 Roscoff cedex France - Tél + 33 2 98 29 28 00 - Fax + 33 2 98 29 27 00<BR>
> Société Anonyme à directoire et conseil de surveillance au capital de 22.831.056 &euro;<BR>
> RCS Brest 927 250 217 - Code APE 5010Z - Registre des Opérateurs de Voyages et de Séjours  N&deg; IMO29100011<BR><BR>
>
> Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.<BR>
> Si vous le recevez par erreur, merci de bien vouloir nous en informer, et le supprimer.<BR>
> This message and any attachments may contain confidential information for the intended recipient only.<BR>
> If you have received it in error, please contact us, and delete it.<BR>
> </p>
> <div style="width:60%;">
> <hr>
> </div>
> </table>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
In reply to this post by aleksey-s
Hi,

Does anyone know how to import xar without ui or may be exist different page for import ? (not administrator ui which not work on my wiki)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

vmassol
Administrator
Your issue is really strange. Could you send us a screenshot of what you get when you go to the admin page (including the URL in the screenshot)?

(You an use http://imgur.com/ for ex for posting the image)

Otherwise you could use the XWiki REST API to import the XAR, see http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/XWikiRESTfulAPI#HRootresources (see for XAR).

However it would be better to understand what happened.

Thanks
-Vincent

> On 19 Jan 2017, at 07:43, aleksey-s <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to import xar without ui or may be exist different page
> for import ? (not administrator ui which not work on my wiki)
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-update-from-7-1-2-to-8-4-1-tp7601982p7602476.html
> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
In screenshot what I see when go to Administer wiki - http://imgbox.com/36lnMNJk (columns - Image, User such used in group)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem with update from 7.1.2 to 8.4.1

aleksey-s
In reply to this post by vmassol
Hi Vincent,

I repait it without XAR!

I open my subwiki (where admin ui work correctly) page /XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=object in object editor and open this page in my Main wiki. I compare pages and delete all object which not present in /XWiki/XWikiPreferences in my subwiki. After this - admin ui works correctly on my Main wiki! (I think that some old objects broke admin UI)


Thank for help!
12