Problems with migration to xwiki 1.6.war in jboss 4.2.1

Problems with migration to xwiki 1.6.war in jboss 4.2.1

semasont
Hi all,

since xwiki 1.6 release I'm keen on having fun with it, but there is a problem while setting it up.
I'm running Jboss (vers. 4.2.1) and I've already successfully installed xwiki 1.1.1 on it. My plan was
to "upgrade" simply by implementing the new .war of the 1.6 (like described in Admin'sGuide and Admin's
Guide/JBoss). I configuered my hibernate-config-xml, web.xml and xwiki.cfg with my old settings (I'm using
DataSource). When everything is set and I want to start the run.bat all seems ok, but one "WARN" appears:

WARN  [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context 'null'    (from server.log)

when I try to start xwiki via browser(http://localhost:8080/xwiki) exception 404 is thrown

So, does anyone here tried out xwiki with the upper combination, or knows smth I did wrong???
I'd be really happy and thankful for some help/advice =)

greetz markus

Re: Problems with migration to xwiki 1.6.war in jboss 4.2.1

Tronicek
Hi,

I was running in similar problems. By now i'm using hibernate.cfg.xml with pure JDBC connection.
DataSource was working up to 1.5.2 - and is not working since 1.6zzz.
JBoss (4.2.1, 4.2.2) shows JNDI reference but it is not recognized by xwiki.

Should I raise a JIRA?

regards,
Rudi

semasont wrote
[...]

greetz markus

Re: Problems with migration to xwiki 1.6.war in jboss 4.2.1

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Tronicek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was running in similar problems. By now i'm using hibernate.cfg.xml with
> pure JDBC connection.
> DataSource was working up to 1.5.2 - and is not working since 1.6zzz.
> JBoss (4.2.1, 4.2.2) shows JNDI reference but it is not recognized by xwiki.
>
> Should I raise a JIRA?

Yes.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/