Problems with scripting

walido
HI,

my xwiki did not evaluate any of the snippets or groovy/velocity class that i wrote
until now not even a helloworld script he just ignore them and display the code as a simple text
the wiki syntax is 1.0
what is going wrong there??
by the way i don't know it's important but my fields in programming page or preferences : Macro Languages , Velocity Macro ...
are empty except the internationalization :BBCode.Translations
help me with this one please thanks

Re: Problems with scripting

Jerome Velociter
walido wrote:
> HI,
>
> my xwiki did not evaluate any of the snippets or groovy/velocity class that i wrote
> until now not even a helloworld script he just ignore them and display the code as a simple text
> the wiki syntax is 1.0
> what is going wrong there??
> help me with this one please thanks
Have you saved your groovy pages with a user that has the programming
access level ? That could be your issue.

To check that you have programming access level, just write the
following in a page :

<%
print 2 + 2
%>

If it says "4", you have the proper access level to save page with the
programming right (and thus make them execute groovy when displayed). If
insteat it displays the code, you don't have that right, so make sure to
allow your user this right (or bargain with your wiki administrator ;))
Side note: for virtual wikis (wiki farm), only users of the main
(generraly "xwiki") wiki are allowed to have the programming access level.

Regards,
Jerome

Re: Problems with scripting

walido
Hi,
Yes it says 4
and i don't think i have programming rights problems
because  i am the administrator , your simple script works
but with hello world groovy script i have errors i followed this tutorial : http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/GroovyClassHelloWorldTutorial
but :
Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page Main.HelloWorldFromVelocity Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate content with id Hello World From Velocity

what is going wrong with it?
thanks for your help

Re: Problems with scripting

walido
Hi,
It's working now, i don't know how
thanks for your help
but do you think it's possible to implement a streaming service in xwiki
using groovy class with importing a streaming api(the streaming server will be vlc for example)?
thanks