[Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

123

[Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

Following our implementation of NS/NP in 7.2 I’d like to propose 2 new best practices for app dev that we would list at http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/ApplicationDevelopmentBestPractices

1) New rule 1: “Code” subspace

Current text:
* Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes, etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.

New version:
* Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes, etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
* Technical pages should be put in a subspace named “Code”

Note: this rule can only be applied for new applications for now since the EM doesn’t know how to follow renames currently so for example if I move pages from the FAQCode space to the FAQ.Code space, when EM upgrades the app, it’ll display all pages in FAQCode as deleted (basically it considers all pages in FAQ.Code as new pages and pages in FAQCode as deleted pages). Note: I’ve created http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12622 for this.

2) New rule 2:

* Technical pages without children must be terminal pages.

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

gabriela.smeria
Hello,

Here's my +1 for both rules.

Thanks,
Gabriela

*Gabriela Smeria*
*Web Developer*
[hidden email]
skype: smeria.gabriela

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 10:19 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

> Following our implementation of NS/NP in 7.2 I’d like to propose 2 new
> best practices for app dev that we would list at
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/ApplicationDevelopmentBestPractices
>
> 1) New rule 1: “Code” subspace
>
> Current text:
> * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the
> application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes,
> etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being
> understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
>
> New version:
> * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the
> application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes,
> etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being
> understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
> * Technical pages should be put in a subspace named “Code”
>
> Note: this rule can only be applied for new applications for now since the
> EM doesn’t know how to follow renames currently so for example if I move
> pages from the FAQCode space to the FAQ.Code space, when EM upgrades the
> app, it’ll display all pages in FAQCode as deleted (basically it considers
> all pages in FAQ.Code as new pages and pages in FAQCode as deleted pages).
> Note: I’ve created http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12622 for this.
>
> 2) New rule 2:
>
> * Technical pages without children must be terminal pages.

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

Be careful with theses rules since they are not only for
xwiki-platform but also for contrib application and it should be made
clear that this is only for an application that require 7.2 or more
which is really not a good idea for a new contrib extension.

On 28 Sep 2015 at 09:25:51, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Be careful with theses rules since they are not only for
> xwiki-platform but also for contrib application and it should be made
> clear that this is only for an application that require 7.2 or more
> which is really not a good idea for a new contrib extension.

Yes, good point, we should mention that this applies only when you depend on XWiki 7.2+.

Note that this is already covered by this rule:

"In your POM always try to depend on the oldest version of commons/rendering/platform dependencies for which your code works. At least ensure that your Applications works on the latest LTS version of XWiki. This will allow the largest number of users to use your application.”

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 9:19 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > Following our implementation of NS/NP in 7.2 I’d like to propose 2 new best practices for app dev that we would list at http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/ApplicationDevelopmentBestPractices
> >
> > 1) New rule 1: “Code” subspace
> >
> > Current text:
> > * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes, etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
> >
> > New version:
> > * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes, etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
> > * Technical pages should be put in a subspace named “Code”
> >
> > Note: this rule can only be applied for new applications for now since the EM doesn’t know how to follow renames currently so for example if I move pages from the FAQCode space to the FAQ.Code space, when EM upgrades the app, it’ll display all pages in FAQCode as deleted (basically it considers all pages in FAQ.Code as new pages and pages in FAQCode as deleted pages). Note: I’ve created http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12622 for this.
> >
> > 2) New rule 2:
> >
> > * Technical pages without children must be terminal pages.
> >
> > WDYT?

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

Also before making this a rule we should probably refactor AWM first
since it's more and more the base for many new applications.

On 28 Sep 2015 at 10:06:52, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Also before making this a rule we should probably refactor AWM first
> since it's more and more the base for many new applications.

Yes.

I don’t think we need to wait to agree on what we want to have. The wait is only needed to decide when to apply the rule but we could decide the rule before applying it.

Regarding AWM it’s planned for 7.3 (I talked about it with Marius a few days ago). I don’t know if we have a jira issue already but we should create one.

Ps: You haven’t said whether you agree with these rules (independently of when we would apply them) :)

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 9:55 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >

> > On 28 Sep 2015 at 09:25:51, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:
> >
> >> Be careful with theses rules since they are not only for
> >> xwiki-platform but also for contrib application and it should be made
> >> clear that this is only for an application that require 7.2 or more
> >> which is really not a good idea for a new contrib extension.
> >
> > Yes, good point, we should mention that this applies only when you depend on XWiki 7.2+.
> >
> > Note that this is already covered by this rule:

> >> --
> >> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

I agree with this best practice at some point yes.

On 28 Sep 2015 at 10:28:45, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> I agree with this best practice at some point yes.

We need to agree on these 2 practices before we can implement it in AWM anyway :)

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 10:21 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >

> > On 28 Sep 2015 at 10:06:52, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:
> >
> >> Also before making this a rule we should probably refactor AWM first
> >> since it's more and more the base for many new applications.
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > I don’t think we need to wait to agree on what we want to have. The wait is only needed to decide when to apply the rule but we could decide the rule before applying it.
> >
> > Regarding AWM it’s planned for 7.3 (I talked about it with Marius a few days ago). I don’t know if we have a jira issue already but we should create one.

> > Ps: You haven’t said whether you agree with these rules (independently of when we would apply them) :)

> >> --
> >> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

Denis Gervalle-2
Well, I have not yet look in details the new features for page
manipulation, but I was wondering if there will be a simple way to delete
application data without deleting the application itself with the model you
propose ? I know there is already issue with that about the WebHome which
is usually an entry point to the application, but deleting a space was
possible. If the code is nested under the data, isn't it an issue. It looks
like the opposite of the general way (not xwiki way, but in application in
general), where the code abstract more or less the location of the data and
is the "main" part.

So, I am not sure actually, that this is the best way. Maybe code and data
should be side by side under a entry point documents ?

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:22 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Ping! There’s only Thomas and Gaby who answered so far :)

> On 27 Sep 2015 at 21:19:43, [hidden email] ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Following our implementation of NS/NP in 7.2 I’d like to propose 2 new
> best practices for app dev that we would list at
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/ApplicationDevelopmentBestPractices
>
> 1) New rule 1: “Code” subspace
>
> Current text:
> * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the
> application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes,
> etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being
> understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
>
> New version:
> * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the
> application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes,
> etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being
> understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
> * Technical pages should be put in a subspace named “Code”
>
> Note: this rule can only be applied for new applications for now since the
> EM doesn’t know how to follow renames currently so for example if I move
> pages from the FAQCode space to the FAQ.Code space, when EM upgrades the
> app, it’ll display all pages in FAQCode as deleted (basically it considers
> all pages in FAQ.Code as new pages and pages in FAQCode as deleted pages).
> Note: I’ve created http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12622 for this.
>
> 2) New rule 2:
>
> * Technical pages without children must be terminal pages.

Denis Gervalle
SOFTEC sa - CEO

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

Hi Denis,

On 30 Sep 2015 at 09:49:28, Denis Gervalle ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Well, I have not yet look in details the new features for page
> manipulation, but I was wondering if there will be a simple way to delete
> application data without deleting the application itself with the model you
> propose ?
> I know there is already issue with that about the WebHome which
> is usually an entry point to the application, but deleting a space was
> possible. If the code is nested under the data, isn't it an issue. It looks
> like the opposite of the general way (not xwiki way, but in application in
> general), where the code abstract more or less the location of the data and
> is the "main" part.
>
> So, I am not sure actually, that this is the best way. Maybe code and data
> should be side by side under a entry point documents ?

You mean something like:

MyApp
  |_ Data/
  |_ Code/
  |_ WebHome

(Instead of leaving it free for apps to decide where to put the data they generate)

We could indeed standardize on the location of where an app puts the data it generates in a “Data" space.

Even without this, to remove an app you’d simply remove the Code/ space (+ the WebHome).

So your proposal of a standardized Data directory doesn’t contradict my proposal, it’s actually an additional proposal, so I guess you agree about the 2 rules? (you didn’t mention anything about rule 2).

Thanks!
-Vincent

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:22 AM, [hidden email]
> wrote:
>
> > Ping! There’s only Thomas and Gaby who answered so far :)

> > On 27 Sep 2015 at 21:19:43, [hidden email] ([hidden email]) wrote:
> >
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > Following our implementation of NS/NP in 7.2 I’d like to propose 2 new
> > best practices for app dev that we would list at
> > http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/ApplicationDevelopmentBestPractices
> >
> > 1) New rule 1: “Code” subspace
> >
> > Current text:
> > * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the
> > application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes,
> > etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being
> > understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
> >
> > New version:
> > * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the
> > application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC, AppWithinMinutes,
> > etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being
> > understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
> > * Technical pages should be put in a subspace named “Code”
> >
> > Note: this rule can only be applied for new applications for now since the
> > EM doesn’t know how to follow renames currently so for example if I move
> > pages from the FAQCode space to the FAQ.Code space, when EM upgrades the
> > app, it’ll display all pages in FAQCode as deleted (basically it considers
> > all pages in FAQ.Code as new pages and pages in FAQCode as deleted pages).
> > Note: I’ve created http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12622 for this.
> >
> > 2) New rule 2:
> >
> > * Technical pages without children must be terminal pages.
> >
> > WDYT?

> Denis Gervalle
> SOFTEC sa - CEO

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

Guillaume "Louis-Marie" Delhumeau
Hi

> Hi Denis,
>
> On 30 Sep 2015 at 09:49:28, Denis Gervalle ([hidden email](mailto:
> [hidden email])) wrote:
>
> > Well, I have not yet look in details the new features for page
> > manipulation, but I was wondering if there will be a simple way to delete
> > application data without deleting the application itself with the model
> you
> > propose ?
> > I know there is already issue with that about the WebHome which
> > is usually an entry point to the application, but deleting a space was
> > possible. If the code is nested under the data, isn't it an issue. It
> looks
> > like the opposite of the general way (not xwiki way, but in application
> in
> > general), where the code abstract more or less the location of the data
> and
> > is the "main" part.
> >
> > So, I am not sure actually, that this is the best way. Maybe code and
> data
> > should be side by side under a entry point documents ?
>
> You mean something like:
>
> MyApp
>   |_ Data/
>   |_ Code/
>   |_ WebHome
>
> (Instead of leaving it free for apps to decide where to put the data they
> generate)
>
> We could indeed standardize on the location of where an app puts the data
> it generates in a “Data" space.
>
> Even without this, to remove an app you’d simply remove the Code/ space (+
> the WebHome).

The problem is not about removing the app, but removing the data without
removing the app.

> So your proposal of a standardized Data directory doesn’t contradict my
> proposal, it’s actually an additional proposal, so I guess you agree about
> the 2 rules? (you didn’t mention anything about rule 2).
>
> Thanks!
> -Vincent
>
> > On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:22 AM, [hidden email]
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Ping! There’s only Thomas and Gaby who answered so far :)
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > > -Vincent
> > >

> > > On 27 Sep 2015 at 21:19:43, [hidden email] ([hidden email])
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi devs,
> > >
> > > Following our implementation of NS/NP in 7.2 I’d like to propose 2 new
> > > best practices for app dev that we would list at
> > >
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/ApplicationDevelopmentBestPractices
> > >
> > > 1) New rule 1: “Code” subspace
> > >
> > > Current text:
> > > * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the
> > > application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC,
> AppWithinMinutes,
> > > etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being
> > > understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
> > >
> > > New version:
> > > * Generally, put all your pages in a single space dedicated for the
> > > application you're developing (e.g. Faq, Scheduler, IRC,
> AppWithinMinutes,
> > > etc). The name must be as short as possible while still being
> > > understandable of course and without overusing abbreviations.
> > > * Technical pages should be put in a subspace named “Code”
> > >
> > > Note: this rule can only be applied for new applications for now since
> the
> > > EM doesn’t know how to follow renames currently so for example if I
> move
> > > pages from the FAQCode space to the FAQ.Code space, when EM upgrades
> the
> > > app, it’ll display all pages in FAQCode as deleted (basically it
> considers
> > > all pages in FAQ.Code as new pages and pages in FAQCode as deleted
> pages).
> > > Note: I’ve created http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12622 for this.
> > >
> > > 2) New rule 2:
> > >
> > > * Technical pages without children must be terminal pages.
> > >
> > > WDYT?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > -Vincent

> > Denis Gervalle
> > SOFTEC sa - CEO

Guillaume Delhumeau ([hidden email])
Committer on the XWiki.org project

On 30 Sep 2015 at 10:26:25, Guillaume Louis-Marie Delhumeau ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Hi

> > Hi Denis,
> >
> > On 30 Sep 2015 at 09:49:28, Denis Gervalle ([hidden email](mailto:
> > [hidden email])) wrote:
> >
> > > Well, I have not yet look in details the new features for page
> > > manipulation, but I was wondering if there will be a simple way to delete
> > > application data without deleting the application itself with the model
> > you
> > > propose ?
> > > I know there is already issue with that about the WebHome which
> > > is usually an entry point to the application, but deleting a space was
> > > possible. If the code is nested under the data, isn't it an issue. It
> > looks
> > > like the opposite of the general way (not xwiki way, but in application
> > in
> > > general), where the code abstract more or less the location of the data
> > and
> > > is the "main" part.
> > >
> > > So, I am not sure actually, that this is the best way. Maybe code and
> > data
> > > should be side by side under a entry point documents ?
> >
> > You mean something like:
> >
> > MyApp
> > |_ Data/
> > |_ Code/
> > |_ WebHome
> >
> > (Instead of leaving it free for apps to decide where to put the data they
> > generate)
> >
> > We could indeed standardize on the location of where an app puts the data
> > it generates in a “Data" space.
> >
> > Even without this, to remove an app you’d simply remove the Code/ space (+
> > the WebHome).
> >

> The problem is not about removing the app, but removing the data without
> removing the app.

Indeed, that’s the same problem of removing a Nested Space without wanting to remove one or several subspaces. We could take that use case into account in the Delete Refactoring UI by having an advanced option to check a list of spaces that shouldn’t be removed.

I guess this would be handy now that we can have large hierarchies.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:22 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> On 30 Sep 2015 at 09:49:28, Denis Gervalle ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:
>
>> Well, I have not yet look in details the new features for page
>> manipulation, but I was wondering if there will be a simple way to delete
>> application data without deleting the application itself with the model you
>> propose ?
>> I know there is already issue with that about the WebHome which
>> is usually an entry point to the application, but deleting a space was
>> possible. If the code is nested under the data, isn't it an issue. It looks
>> like the opposite of the general way (not xwiki way, but in application in
>> general), where the code abstract more or less the location of the data and
>> is the "main" part.
>>
>> So, I am not sure actually, that this is the best way. Maybe code and data
>> should be side by side under a entry point documents ?
>
> You mean something like:
>
> MyApp
>   |_ Data/
>   |_ Code/
>   |_ WebHome
>
> (Instead of leaving it free for apps to decide where to put the data they generate)
>
> We could indeed standardize on the location of where an app puts the data it generates in a “Data" space.

The problem with that is the forced /Data/ part of the URL which is
really not nice.

On 30 Sep 2015 at 10:28:54, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:22 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hi Denis,
> >
> > On 30 Sep 2015 at 09:49:28, Denis Gervalle ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:
> >
> >> Well, I have not yet look in details the new features for page
> >> manipulation, but I was wondering if there will be a simple way to delete
> >> application data without deleting the application itself with the model you
> >> propose ?
> >> I know there is already issue with that about the WebHome which
> >> is usually an entry point to the application, but deleting a space was
> >> possible. If the code is nested under the data, isn't it an issue. It looks
> >> like the opposite of the general way (not xwiki way, but in application in
> >> general), where the code abstract more or less the location of the data and
> >> is the "main" part.
> >>
> >> So, I am not sure actually, that this is the best way. Maybe code and data
> >> should be side by side under a entry point documents ?
> >
> > You mean something like:
> >
> > MyApp
> > |_ Data/
> > |_ Code/
> > |_ WebHome
> >
> > (Instead of leaving it free for apps to decide where to put the data they generate)
> >
> > We could indeed standardize on the location of where an app puts the data it generates in a “Data" space.
>
> The problem with that is the forced /Data/ part of the URL which is
> really not nice.

Good point, that’s a no go IMO.

> > Even without this, to remove an app you’d simply remove the Code/ space (+ the WebHome).
> >
> > So your proposal of a standardized Data directory doesn’t contradict my proposal, it’s actually an additional proposal, so I guess you agree about the 2 rules? (you didn’t mention anything about rule 2).
> >
> > Thanks!
> > -Vincent

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

I think what I like best is some option in the refactoring API to
indicate that you want to delete only final documents in the space (so
skipping space home page and spaces).

On 30 Sep 2015 at 10:53:48, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> I think what I like best is some option in the refactoring API to
> indicate that you want to delete only final documents in the space (so
> skipping space home page and spaces).

That could be interesting for some use cases but it’s risky for this one. Several apps may generate terminal pages and users could create terminal pages in app spaces too. So that would not just remove the app technical pages, it could remove more.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:58 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 30 Sep 2015 at 10:53:48, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:
>
>> I think what I like best is some option in the refactoring API to
>> indicate that you want to delete only final documents in the space (so
>> skipping space home page and spaces).
>
> That could be interesting for some use cases but it’s risky for this one. Several apps may generate terminal pages and users could create terminal pages in app spaces too. So that would not just remove the app technical pages, it could remove more.

I don't understand what you mean. The whole point is to remove only
data, the technical pages would be in Code subspace.

>> > Good point, that’s a no go IMO.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > -Vincent

>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

Guillaume "Louis-Marie" Delhumeau

> On 30 Sep 2015 at 10:53:48, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email]
> (mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:
>
> > I think what I like best is some option in the refactoring API to
> > indicate that you want to delete only final documents in the space (so
> > skipping space home page and spaces).
>
> That could be interesting for some use cases but it’s risky for this one.
> Several apps may generate terminal pages and users could create terminal
> pages in app spaces too. So that would not just remove the app technical
> pages, it could remove more.

The idea of Thomas is an option to only delete *terminal* pages located in
the space with a depth of 1. Said differently, the direct and terminal
children of the page.

This way, you can delete all data located in the space without removing the
code (because the code would be located in a deeper depth), but it works
only if the app generates data as terminal pages. It is the case right now,
but new apps should work differently and create their data as regular
Nested Pages.

That is why I don't think it's the correct way to go.

We need this option: delete this page and its children *except* the "Code"
page and its children. This option could be proposed by the app itself, as
a "clean data" functionality.

The other solution is to not change the current best practices and let the
code in an other space.

> > On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:29 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> delete
> model you
> was
> It looks
> application in
> data and

> and data

> data they generate)

> the data it generates in a “Data" space.

> > > Good point, that’s a no go IMO.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > -Vincent

> space (+ the WebHome).

> contradict my proposal, it’s actually an additional proposal, so I guess
> you agree about the 2 rules? (you didn’t mention anything about rule 2).

> 2 new
> > >> >> >
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/ApplicationDevelopmentBestPractices

> the
> AppWithinMinutes,

> the
> AppWithinMinutes,

> since the
> if I move
> upgrades the
> considers
> deleted pages).
> this.

> > Thomas Mortagne

Guillaume Delhumeau ([hidden email])
Committer on the XWiki.org project

Re: [Proposal] 2 new rules for Application Best Practices

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Guillaume "Louis-Marie" Delhumeau <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 30 Sep 2015 at 10:53:48, Thomas Mortagne ([hidden email]
> > (mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:
> >
> > > I think what I like best is some option in the refactoring API to
> > > indicate that you want to delete only final documents in the space (so
> > > skipping space home page and spaces).
> >
> > That could be interesting for some use cases but it’s risky for this one.
> > Several apps may generate terminal pages and users could create terminal
> > pages in app spaces too. So that would not just remove the app technical
> > pages, it could remove more.
> >

> The idea of Thomas is an option to only delete *terminal* pages located in
> the space with a depth of 1. Said differently, the direct and terminal
> children of the page.
>
> This way, you can delete all data located in the space without removing the
> code (because the code would be located in a deeper depth), but it works
> only if the app generates data as terminal pages. It is the case right now,
> but new apps should work differently and create their data as regular
> Nested Pages.
>
> That is why I don't think it's the correct way to go.
>
> We need this option: delete this page and its children *except* the "Code"
> page and its children. This option could be proposed by the app itself, as
> a "clean data" functionality.

From an interface point of view, this could be solved with a treeview when
clicking on delete.

"This action will delete the page and all of its children, as displayed
below. Please uncheck pages you don't want to see deleted."

Thanks,

Guillaume