[Proposal] Add image thumbnails to blog posts

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Proposal] Add image thumbnails to blog posts

Denis Gervalle-2
Hi,
With Mohammed, we have prepared design proposal
(http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/BlogImagethumbnails) in
order to improve the visual aspect of the Blog application. Currently the
application is not really visual, and compared to the competition, it does
not look appealing as it could be.
This is why we propose to introduce image thumbnails linked to blog post,
and to use those images when displaying blog posts as lists. Since pictures
are better than words, see the screenshot in the design page for more
details.
WDYT ?
--
Denis Gervalle
SOFTEC sa - CEO
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Proposal] Add image thumbnails to blog posts

Guillaume Delhumeau
As soon as it remains an option, I don't see any problem.

2017-03-14 12:03 GMT+01:00 Denis Gervalle <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> With Mohammed, we have prepared design proposal (
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/BlogImagethumbnails) in
> order to improve the visual aspect of the Blog application. Currently the
> application is not really visual, and compared to the competition, it does
> not look appealing as it could be.
> This is why we propose to introduce image thumbnails linked to blog post,
> and to use those images when displaying blog posts as lists. Since pictures
> are better than words, see the screenshot in the design page for more
> details.
> WDYT ?
> --
> Denis Gervalle
> SOFTEC sa - CEO
>



--
Guillaume Delhumeau ([hidden email])
Research & Development Engineer at XWiki SAS
Committer on the XWiki.org project
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Proposal] Add image thumbnails to blog posts

vmassol
Administrator
In reply to this post by Denis Gervalle-2
Hi Denis,

> On 14 Mar 2017, at 12:03, Denis Gervalle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> With Mohammed, we have prepared design proposal (http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/BlogImagethumbnails) in order to improve the visual aspect of the Blog application. Currently the application is not really visual, and compared to the competition, it does not look appealing as it could be.
> This is why we propose to introduce image thumbnails linked to blog post, and to use those images when displaying blog posts as lists. Since pictures are better than words, see the screenshot in the design page for more details.
> WDYT ?

Seems like a nice optional feature.

On your screenshot you named it “Image” but I think it needs to be more specific since otherwise we don’t really know what the image is used for. Maybe “Image Thumbnail”?

Thanks
-Vincent

> --
> Denis Gervalle
> SOFTEC sa - CEO

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Proposal] Add image thumbnails to blog posts

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Looks nice.

You could use Bootstrap thumbnail styling for images, see
http://getbootstrap.com/components/#thumbnails

Thanks,
Caty

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> > On 14 Mar 2017, at 12:03, Denis Gervalle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > With Mohammed, we have prepared design proposal (
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/BlogImagethumbnails) in
> order to improve the visual aspect of the Blog application. Currently the
> application is not really visual, and compared to the competition, it does
> not look appealing as it could be.
> > This is why we propose to introduce image thumbnails linked to blog
> post, and to use those images when displaying blog posts as lists. Since
> pictures are better than words, see the screenshot in the design page for
> more details.
> > WDYT ?
>
> Seems like a nice optional feature.
>
> On your screenshot you named it “Image” but I think it needs to be more
> specific since otherwise we don’t really know what the image is used for.
> Maybe “Image Thumbnail”?
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent
>
> > --
> > Denis Gervalle
> > SOFTEC sa - CEO
>
>