[Proposal] Delaying the XWiki 5.3 release

[Proposal] Delaying the XWiki 5.3 release

5.3 was initially planned to be released on the 25th. However as you can see on http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/WebHome some important issues that were planned for 5.3 are still not done.

Normally we'd do timeboxing (ie release and implement the rest in the next version) but since we’re getting close to the end of the cycle and since some important issues remain I’d like to propose to delay the release by 1 week in order to finish the maximum number of issues for 5.3 (those related to SOLR, Wiki creation and Confluence/Scalable import/export). That will also give more time to Sorin/Manuel for testing 5.3 before the release.

This would mean:

5.3 RC1: 27th of November
5.3 Final: 4th of December

Re: [Proposal] Delaying the XWiki 5.3 release

Silvia Rusu
Hi,

+1 to delay.

Silvia

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> 5.3 was initially planned to be released on the 25th. However as you can see on http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/WebHome some important issues that were planned for 5.3 are still not done.
>
> Normally we'd do timeboxing (ie release and implement the rest in the next version) but since we’re getting close to the end of the cycle and since some important issues remain I’d like to propose to delay the release by 1 week in order to finish the maximum number of issues for 5.3 (those related to SOLR, Wiki creation and Confluence/Scalable import/export). That will also give more time to Sorin/Manuel for testing 5.3 before the release.
>
> This would mean:
>
> 5.3 RC1: 27th of November
> 5.3 Final: 4th of December

Silvia Rusu
Tester & Documentation Writer - XWiki
http://twitter.com/silviarusu

Re: [Proposal] Delaying the XWiki 5.3 release

Jean Coury
+1

2013/11/21 Silvia Rusu <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> +1 to delay.
>

> Silvia
>
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > 5.3 was initially planned to be released on the 25th. However as you can
> see on http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/WebHome some
> important issues that were planned for 5.3 are still not done.
> >
> > Normally we'd do timeboxing (ie release and implement the rest in the
> next version) but since we’re getting close to the end of the cycle and
> since some important issues remain I’d like to propose to delay the release
> by 1 week in order to finish the maximum number of issues for 5.3 (those
> related to SOLR, Wiki creation and Confluence/Scalable import/export). That
> will also give more time to Sorin/Manuel for testing 5.3 before the release.
> >
> > This would mean:
> >
> > 5.3 RC1: 27th of November
> > 5.3 Final: 4th of December
> >
> > WDYT?