[Proposal] Get rid of sonar.xwiki.org?

Context:
* I lost the config on ci.xwiki.org to push maven results to sonar.xwiki.org. I can find them back for sure but will take me a bit of time.
* We don’t use sonar.xwiki.org that much
* We now have https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects to which we can push results from our builds
* https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects is always up to date in term of sonar version and we don’t need to maintain it

So my proposal is to decommission sonar.xwiki.org and to configure https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects the way we want (I already did that a bit but we can tune it more) and modify our maven build to push to it.

Re: [Proposal] Get rid of sonar.xwiki.org?

caubin
Hi,

On 05/17/2018 10:01 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Context:
> * I lost the config on ci.xwiki.org to push maven results to sonar.xwiki.org. I can find them back for sure but will take me a bit of time.
> * We don’t use sonar.xwiki.org that much
> * We now have https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects to which we can push results from our builds
> * https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects is always up to date in term of sonar version and we don’t need to maintain it
>
> So my proposal is to decommission sonar.xwiki.org and to configure https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects the way we want (I already did that a bit but we can tune it more) and modify our maven build to push to it.
>
> WDYT?

+1 for the general idea as it makes one a platform less to worry about.
I see that sonarcloud.io is free for OSS projects, then it would also be
interesting to add some of the most important contrib projects
(recommended, bundled by default, …) that we have.

Thanks,
Clément

Re: [Proposal] Get rid of sonar.xwiki.org?

Sure, but we need to add platform to it too.

Still it's a pity to loose all the work done during the last GCI
regarding false positives.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:01 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Context:
> * I lost the config on ci.xwiki.org to push maven results to sonar.xwiki.org. I can find them back for sure but will take me a bit of time.
> * We don’t use sonar.xwiki.org that much
> * We now have https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects to which we can push results from our builds
> * https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects is always up to date in term of sonar version and we don’t need to maintain it
>
> So my proposal is to decommission sonar.xwiki.org and to configure https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects the way we want (I already did that a bit but we can tune it more) and modify our maven build to push to it.

Re: [Proposal] Get rid of sonar.xwiki.org?

> On 18 May 2018, at 09:16, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sure, but we need to add platform to it too.
>
> Still it's a pity to loose all the work done during the last GCI
> regarding false positives.

I think it doesn’t matter because on sonarcloud we use the default sonar rules which they have tuned to be good and the classification is completely different anyway.

> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:01 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> Context:
>> * I lost the config on ci.xwiki.org to push maven results to sonar.xwiki.org. I can find them back for sure but will take me a bit of time.
>> * We don’t use sonar.xwiki.org that much
>> * We now have https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects to which we can push results from our builds
>> * https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects is always up to date in term of sonar version and we don’t need to maintain it
>>
>> So my proposal is to decommission sonar.xwiki.org and to configure https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects the way we want (I already did that a bit but we can tune it more) and modify our maven build to push to it.
>>
>> WDYT?

Re: [Proposal] Get rid of sonar.xwiki.org?

+0

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Context:
> * I lost the config on ci.xwiki.org to push maven results to
> sonar.xwiki.org. I can find them back for sure but will take me a bit of
> time.
> * We don’t use sonar.xwiki.org that much
> * We now have https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects to which
> we can push results from our builds
> * https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects is always up to date
> in term of sonar version and we don’t need to maintain it
>
> So my proposal is to decommission sonar.xwiki.org and to configure
> https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects the way we want (I
> already did that a bit but we can tune it more) and modify our maven build
> to push to it.

Re: [Proposal] Get rid of sonar.xwiki.org?

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
+0

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 11:29 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +0
>
> Thanks,
> Marius
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > Context:
> > * I lost the config on ci.xwiki.org to push maven results to
> > sonar.xwiki.org. I can find them back for sure but will take me a bit of
> > time.
> > * We don’t use sonar.xwiki.org that much
> > * We now have https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects to
> which
> > we can push results from our builds
> > * https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects is always up to
> date
> > in term of sonar version and we don’t need to maintain it
> >
> > So my proposal is to decommission sonar.xwiki.org and to configure
> > https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects the way we want (I
> > already did that a bit but we can tune it more) and modify our maven
> build
> > to push to it.
> >
> > WDYT?

Re: [Proposal] Get rid of sonar.xwiki.org?

Eduard Moraru

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Sure, but we need to add platform to it too.
>
> Still it's a pity to loose all the work done during the last GCI
> regarding false positives.

Any chance we could export those comments and maybe at least have a list of
the Confirmed false positives to compare them with their current status on
sonarcloud.io and see if they are still relevant or not?

Otherwise +1, for the same reasons expressed by Clement.

Thanks,
Eduard

> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 10:01 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > Context:
> > * I lost the config on ci.xwiki.org to push maven results to
> sonar.xwiki.org. I can find them back for sure but will take me a bit of
> time.
> > * We don’t use sonar.xwiki.org that much
> > * We now have https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects to
> which we can push results from our builds
> > * https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects is always up to
> date in term of sonar version and we don’t need to maintain it
> >
> > So my proposal is to decommission sonar.xwiki.org and to configure
> https://sonarcloud.io/organizations/xwiki/projects the way we want (I
> already did that a bit but we can tune it more) and modify our maven build
> to push to it.
> >
> > WDYT?

Re: [Proposal] Get rid of sonar.xwiki.org?

> On 22 May 2018, at 12:31, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>
>> Sure, but we need to add platform to it too.
>>
>> Still it's a pity to loose all the work done during the last GCI
>> regarding false positives.
>>

> Any chance we could export those comments and maybe at least have a list of
> the Confirmed false positives to compare them with their current status on
> sonarcloud.io and see if they are still relevant or not?

Not that I know of.