[Proposal] New extension point: content header

[Proposal] New extension point: content header

Stéphane Laurière-5
Hi all,

I'd like to propose a new UI extension point: content header (or before content). My current motivation for it relates to the page-relations application that will display the pages related to the current one: it can be handy to have the relations displayed in the content header for navigation purpose (even though other areas in the UI would make sense, such as a dedicated navigation panel). Other usages I have in mind: display content licensing information, content warning, display that the page is currently not editable as the wiki is read only, let the user choose between displaying tags before or after content... Note that Caty already proposed an extension point for the customizing the content footer: http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13081

I created the following issue: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15252

What do you think?

Cheers

Stéphane

--
Stéphane Laurière
XWiki www.xwiki.com

Re: [Proposal] New extension point: content header

Hi Stephane,

> On 9 May 2018, at 16:16, Stéphane Laurière <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to propose a new UI extension point: content header (or before content). My current motivation for it relates to the page-relations application that will display the pages related to the current one: it can be handy to have the relations displayed in the content header for navigation purpose (even though other areas in the UI would make sense, such as a dedicated navigation panel). Other usages I have in mind: display content licensing information, content warning, display that the page is currently not editable as the wiki is read only, let the user choose between displaying tags before or after content... Note that Caty already proposed an extension point for the customizing the content footer: http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13081
>
> I created the following issue: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15252
>
> What do you think?

So a UIXP between the page title/menu and the page content.

It would also be useful if we wanted to contribute an extension that would automatically add a TOC to pages with headings for example.

So +1 from me.

> Cheers
>
> Stéphane
>

> --
> Stéphane Laurière
> XWiki www.xwiki.com
> @slauriere

Re: [Proposal] New extension point: content header

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
I've added you issue to the UIXP design page, see
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/UIXP8x
There is also a related issue in http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13080 ,
but not quite in the location you need.

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 5:19 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stephane,
>
> > On 9 May 2018, at 16:16, Stéphane Laurière <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to propose a new UI extension point: content header (or before
> content). My current motivation for it relates to the page-relations
> application that will display the pages related to the current one: it can
> be handy to have the relations displayed in the content header for
> navigation purpose (even though other areas in the UI would make sense,
> such as a dedicated navigation panel). Other usages I have in mind: display
> content licensing information, content warning, display that the page is
> currently not editable as the wiki is read only, let the user choose
> between displaying tags before or after content... Note that Caty already
> proposed an extension point for the customizing the content footer:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13081
> >
> > I created the following issue: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15252
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> So a UIXP between the page title/menu and the page content.
>
> It would also be useful if we wanted to contribute an extension that would
> automatically add a TOC to pages with headings for example.
>
> So +1 from me.

> > Cheers
> >
> > Stéphane
> >

> > --
> > Stéphane Laurière
> > XWiki www.xwiki.com
> > @slauriere

Re: [Proposal] New extension point: content header

+1

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 4:16 PM, Stéphane Laurière
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to propose a new UI extension point: content header (or before
> content). My current motivation for it relates to the page-relations
> application that will display the pages related to the current one: it can
> be handy to have the relations displayed in the content header for
> navigation purpose (even though other areas in the UI would make sense, such
> as a dedicated navigation panel). Other usages I have in mind: display
> content licensing information, content warning, display that the page is
> currently not editable as the wiki is read only, let the user choose between
> displaying tags before or after content... Note that Caty already proposed
> an extension point for the customizing the content footer:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13081
>
> I created the following issue: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15252
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers
>
> Stéphane
>

> --
> Stéphane Laurière
> XWiki www.xwiki.com
> @slauriere

Re: [Proposal] New extension point: content header

Anca Luca
+1

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 5:02 PM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 4:16 PM, Stéphane Laurière
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to propose a new UI extension point: content header (or before
> > content). My current motivation for it relates to the page-relations
> > application that will display the pages related to the current one: it
> can
> > be handy to have the relations displayed in the content header for
> > navigation purpose (even though other areas in the UI would make sense,
> such
> > as a dedicated navigation panel). Other usages I have in mind: display
> > content licensing information, content warning, display that the page is
> > currently not editable as the wiki is read only, let the user choose
> between
> > displaying tags before or after content... Note that Caty already
> proposed
> > an extension point for the customizing the content footer:
> > http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13081
> >
> > I created the following issue: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15252
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Stéphane
> >

> > --
> > Stéphane Laurière
> > XWiki www.xwiki.com
> > @slauriere

Re: [Proposal] New extension point: content header

+1

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 5:16 PM, Stéphane Laurière <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to propose a new UI extension point: content header (or before
> content). My current motivation for it relates to the page-relations
> application that will display the pages related to the current one: it can
> be handy to have the relations displayed in the content header for
> navigation purpose (even though other areas in the UI would make sense,
> such as a dedicated navigation panel). Other usages I have in mind: display
> content licensing information, content warning, display that the page is
> currently not editable as the wiki is read only, let the user choose
> between displaying tags before or after content... Note that Caty already
> proposed an extension point for the customizing the content footer:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13081
>
> I created the following issue: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15252
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers
>
> Stéphane
>

> --
> Stéphane Laurière
> XWiki www.xwiki.com
> @slauriere

Re: [Proposal] New extension point: content header

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Issue fixed in https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15252 and will be
available starting with 10.4-rc-1.
Documentation at