[Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)

Laurent Lunati has created 5 variations attached.

Does anyone have any feedback in term of size, color, look, etc?

The idea is that once we get an agreement on the logo we publish it
on xwiki.org and we ask that people using XWiki display this badge on
their web site if they want to be good open source citizens :) (and
thus we'll also use it on xwiki.org itself).

My preference goes to the 80X15.png logo. What about you?

XWP95.png (952 bytes) Download Attachment
XWP120.png (1K) Download Attachment
xwp150.png (2K) Download Attachment
80X15.png (766 bytes) Download Attachment
88X31.png (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

jeremi joslin-2
great,
i agree on the 80X15.png

jeremi

On 4/12/07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)
>
> Laurent Lunati has created 5 variations attached.
>
> Does anyone have any feedback in term of size, color, look, etc?
>
> The idea is that once we get an agreement on the logo we publish it
> on xwiki.org and we ask that people using XWiki display this badge on
> their web site if they want to be good open source citizens :) (and
> thus we'll also use it on xwiki.org itself).
>
> My preference goes to the 80X15.png logo. What about you?

Jeremi Joslin (http://www.jeremi.info)
skype: jeremi23 - jabber: [hidden email]
http://www.xwiki.com - http://www.pengyou-project.info

Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

Youcef Bey-2
"80X15.png logo" seems for me the best.

Best wishes
----------------------------------
Youcef Bey

> My preference goes to the 80X15.png logo. What about you?

Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

Sébastien Gaïde
Vincent Massol a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)

all the propositions seem great to me. Having several logos will make
the choice possible for the end user.

S.

Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

Ludovic Dubost

I agree except I don't like the xwp150...
I like the 80x15 and 88x31

Ludovic

Sébastien Gaïde a écrit :

> Vincent Massol a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)
>>

> all the propositions seem great to me. Having several logos will make
> the choice possible for the end user.
>
> S.

Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost
AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic

Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

Catalin Hritcu
Shouldn't there be more than one color? While I definitely like the
blue, I don't think it matches every site. Especially the ones with a
dark background.

Catalin

On 4/12/07, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree except I don't like the xwp150...
> I like the 80x15 and 88x31
>
> Ludovic
>
> Sébastien Gaïde a écrit :
> > Vincent Massol a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)
> >>

> > all the propositions seem great to me. Having several logos will make
> > the choice possible for the end user.
> >
> > S.

> Ludovic Dubost
> Blog: http://www.ludovic.org/blog/
> XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
> Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost
> AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic

Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

Marta Girdea
It's always good to have more options, for size as well as for colors.

 I agree with Ludovic in 80X15 and 80X31 being the best, I like them very much.

Concerning colors: for the moment, blue kind of represents XWiki, so
another color may not be appropriate. On the other hand, as Catalin
mentioned, a blue logo might look bad when combined with some colors
(in a white&red site, for example). So maybe at least gray scale logos
(both lighter and darker, in order to fit well in different color
schemes) should be available.

On 4/12/07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)
>
> Laurent Lunati has created 5 variations attached.
>
> Does anyone have any feedback in term of size, color, look, etc?
>
> The idea is that once we get an agreement on the logo we publish it
> on xwiki.org and we ask that people using XWiki display this badge on
> their web site if they want to be good open source citizens :) (and
> thus we'll also use it on xwiki.org itself).
>
> My preference goes to the 80X15.png logo. What about you?

Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

jeremi joslin-2
I don't know for you, but it seems there is an aliasing problem on all
of the propositions. Maybe they can be reworked to remove it.

Laurent, do you think it's possible?

jeremi

On 4/13/07, Marta Girdea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's always good to have more options, for size as well as for colors.
>
>  I agree with Ludovic in 80X15 and 80X31 being the best, I like them very much.
>
> Concerning colors: for the moment, blue kind of represents XWiki, so
> another color may not be appropriate. On the other hand, as Catalin
> mentioned, a blue logo might look bad when combined with some colors
> (in a white&red site, for example). So maybe at least gray scale logos
> (both lighter and darker, in order to fit well in different color
> schemes) should be available.
>

> On 4/12/07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)
> >
> > Laurent Lunati has created 5 variations attached.
> >
> > Does anyone have any feedback in term of size, color, look, etc?
> >
> > The idea is that once we get an agreement on the logo we publish it
> > on xwiki.org and we ask that people using XWiki display this badge on
> > their web site if they want to be good open source citizens :) (and
> > thus we'll also use it on xwiki.org itself).
> >
> > My preference goes to the 80X15.png logo. What about you?

Jeremi Joslin (http://www.jeremi.info)
skype: jeremi23 - jabber: [hidden email]
http://www.xwiki.com - http://www.pengyou-project.info

Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

Seen everyone's liking for 80X15.png, I have added it to XWiki.org in
2 places:

1) In the Badge panel which is displayed on the right on any page
(see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ for example). You may
have to scroll down if your screen is smallish
2) On the  "Powered By XWiki" page: http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/
view/References/

We can always add more badges later if we agree on that. I'd
personally rather have a single badge and with the official xwiki
colors but apparently some of you prefer to offer several badges. I
think once we start offering more than one, we'll start getting lots
of requests: can I have it like that? can I have it in this color?
etc. Let's keep it simple for now and let's get requests before we
decide to do anything more complex. KISS!

On Apr 12, 2007, at 5:56 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)
>
> Laurent Lunati has created 5 variations attached.
>
> Does anyone have any feedback in term of size, color, look, etc?
>
> The idea is that once we get an agreement on the logo we publish it
> on xwiki.org and we ask that people using XWiki display this badge
> on their web site if they want to be good open source citizens :)
> (and thus we'll also use it on xwiki.org itself).
>
> My preference goes to the 80X15.png logo. What about you?

> <XWP95.png>
> <XWP120.png>
> <xwp150.png>
> <80X15.png>
> <88X31.png>
>
> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the xwiki-
> wws

Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo

Jerome Velociter-3
Hi,

I make profit from this thread to propose having a favicon on xwiki.org, and possibly xwiki.com too. A blue X on .org and a orange one on .com, what do you think?

I attach samples

Bye,
Jérôme

On 4/13/07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Seen everyone's liking for 80X15.png, I have added it to XWiki.org in
2 places:

1) In the Badge panel which is displayed on the right on any page
(see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ for example). You may
have to scroll down if your screen is smallish
2) On the  "Powered By XWiki" page: http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/
view/References/

We can always add more badges later if we agree on that. I'd
personally rather have a single badge and with the official xwiki
colors but apparently some of you prefer to offer several badges. I
think once we start offering more than one, we'll start getting lots
of requests: can I have it like that? can I have it in this color?
etc. Let's keep it simple for now and let's get requests before we
decide to do anything more complex. KISS!

On Apr 12, 2007, at 5:56 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)
>
> Laurent Lunati has created 5 variations attached.
>
> Does anyone have any feedback in term of size, color, look, etc?
>
> The idea is that once we get an agreement on the logo we publish it
> on xwiki.org and we ask that people using XWiki display this badge
> on their web site if they want to be good open source citizens :)
> (and thus we'll also use it on xwiki.org itself).
>
> My preference goes to the 80X15.png logo. What about you?

> < XWP95.png>
> <XWP120.png>
> <xwp150.png>
> <80X15.png>
> <88X31.png>
>
> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the xwiki-
> wws

Jerome Velociter
Mobile : 0033 (0) 617 260 654
GTalk, MSN : [hidden email]
Skype : jerome.velociter

xwikicom-favicon.png (758 bytes) Download Attachment
xwiki-favicon.png (518 bytes) Download Attachment

Favicon (was Re: [Proposal] Powered by XWiki logo)

Hi Jerome,

On Apr 13, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Jerome Velociter wrote:

Hi,

I make profit from this thread to propose having a favicon on xwiki.org, and possibly xwiki.com too. A blue X on .org and a orange one on .com, what do you think?

This mailing list is about xwiki.org only so I'm not commenting for xwiki.com... For xwiki.org yes I like the idea. We should also have it for the default wiki.

Could you create a JIRA issue for this (for the default wiki) and propose a patch?

I attach samples

Bye,
Jérôme

On 4/13/07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Seen everyone's liking for 80X15.png, I have added it to XWiki.org in
2 places:

1) In the Badge panel which is displayed on the right on any page
(see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ for example). You may
have to scroll down if your screen is smallish
2) On the  "Powered By XWiki" page: http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/
view/References/

We can always add more badges later if we agree on that. I'd
personally rather have a single badge and with the official xwiki
colors but apparently some of you prefer to offer several badges. I
think once we start offering more than one, we'll start getting lots
of requests: can I have it like that? can I have it in this color?
etc. Let's keep it simple for now and let's get requests before we
decide to do anything more complex. KISS!

On Apr 12, 2007, at 5:56 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it's high time we get a powered by XWiki logo! :)
>
> Laurent Lunati has created 5 variations attached.
>
> Does anyone have any feedback in term of size, color, look, etc?
>
> The idea is that once we get an agreement on the logo we publish it
> on xwiki.org and we ask that people using XWiki display this badge
> on their web site if they want to be good open source citizens :)
> (and thus we'll also use it on xwiki.org itself).
>
> My preference goes to the 80X15.png logo. What about you?

> < XWP95.png>
> <XWP120.png>
> <xwp150.png>
> <80X15.png>
> <88X31.png>
>
> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the xwiki-
> wws

Jerome Velociter
Mobile : 0033 (0) 617 260 654
GTalk, MSN : [hidden email]