[Proposal] Remove MenuIT that is not using Docker

[Proposal] Remove MenuIT that is not using Docker

Now that the docker-based MenuIT test is working and passing in our CI, I’m proposing to remove the MenuIT version using the XWiki Maven Packager plugin.

More Precisely, replace:

https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/ac542d169957d4315fc4eb9d7329a5d866e361cb/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-menu/xwiki-platform-menu-test/xwiki-platform-menu-test-tests

by

https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/b4432820f7c3f9e9c13d4767b514546daad77540/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-menu/xwiki-platform-menu-test/xwiki-platform-menu-test-docker

Note that this means you need to have docker installed locally if you need to run the functional tests for the menu module.

Ok with everyone?

Re: [Proposal] Remove MenuIT that is not using Docker

Adel Atallah
Hello Vincent,

I'd like to try the new tests on my machine if that's ok. I remember
having some issues in the past.

Thanks,
Adel

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 12:11 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Now that the docker-based MenuIT test is working and passing in our CI, I’m proposing to remove the MenuIT version using the XWiki Maven Packager plugin.
>
> More Precisely, replace:
>
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/ac542d169957d4315fc4eb9d7329a5d866e361cb/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-menu/xwiki-platform-menu-test/xwiki-platform-menu-test-tests
>
> by
>
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/b4432820f7c3f9e9c13d4767b514546daad77540/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-menu/xwiki-platform-menu-test/xwiki-platform-menu-test-docker
>
> Note that this means you need to have docker installed locally if you need to run the functional tests for the menu module.
>
> Ok with everyone?

Re: [Proposal] Remove MenuIT that is not using Docker

> On 24 Oct 2018, at 12:14, Adel Atallah <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Vincent,
>
> I'd like to try the new tests on my machine if that's ok. I remember
> having some issues in the past.

sure, just do: "mvn clean install” inside https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/b4432820f7c3f9e9c13d4767b514546daad77540/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-menu/xwiki-platform-menu-test/xwiki-platform-menu-test-docker

What is good is that the test passes consistently on a4 in our CI (+ on my mac ofc). So at least, I know they can pass on unix and if there’s a problem it can probably be fixed at the computer level.

> Adel
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 12:11 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> Now that the docker-based MenuIT test is working and passing in our CI, I’m proposing to remove the MenuIT version using the XWiki Maven Packager plugin.
>>
>> More Precisely, replace:
>>
>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/ac542d169957d4315fc4eb9d7329a5d866e361cb/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-menu/xwiki-platform-menu-test/xwiki-platform-menu-test-tests
>>
>> by
>>
>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/b4432820f7c3f9e9c13d4767b514546daad77540/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-menu/xwiki-platform-menu-test/xwiki-platform-menu-test-docker
>>
>> Note that this means you need to have docker installed locally if you need to run the functional tests for the menu module.
>>
>> Ok with everyone?

Re: [Proposal] Remove MenuIT that is not using Docker

Devs, is everyone ok with this now?

> On 24 Oct 2018, at 12:11, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Now that the docker-based MenuIT test is working and passing in our CI, I’m proposing to remove the MenuIT version using the XWiki Maven Packager plugin.
>
> More Precisely, replace:
>
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/ac542d169957d4315fc4eb9d7329a5d866e361cb/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-menu/xwiki-platform-menu-test/xwiki-platform-menu-test-tests
>
> by
>
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/b4432820f7c3f9e9c13d4767b514546daad77540/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-menu/xwiki-platform-menu-test/xwiki-platform-menu-test-docker
>
> Note that this means you need to have docker installed locally if you need to run the functional tests for the menu module.
>
> Ok with everyone?

Re: [Proposal] Remove MenuIT that is not using Docker

Adel Atallah
Hello Vincent,

I still have some issues: https://up1.xwikisas.com/#V3wnoMPSr2uZC0Pz0x279Q

Am I the only one having trouble running the tests? I'm running docker
version 18.06.1-ce (and docker-compose version 1.21.0) on Debian
testing (buster).

Thanks,
Adel