[Proposal] Roadmap for XS 10.2 & 10.3

Hi everyone,

Here’s a proposal already discussed with Thomas, Caty, Guillaume and Marius.

10.2 (March):

* Finish moving to FS-based attachments by default (it was planned for 10.0 already) - Assignee: Thomas
** Note that the work is done but we’d make it the default in 10.2, giving us more time to do additional tests
* Prevent accidental move/renames - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14591 - Assignee: Thomas
* Start designing the work for "Discourage or disallow users to edit an extension's page “ - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14377 (see also http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/ExtensionDiscourageCodeEdit) - Assignee: Thomas
* Finish work on Notifications - Assignee: Guillaume
** Known bug fixes
** Add the ability to select default notifications on the administration - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14106
** Enable page ('XWiki') notifications by default - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14129
** Enhance the notifications application so it can replace Activity Stream - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15016
** (Nice to have) Live emails notifications should be grouped by XWiki pages - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14844
** (Nice to have) Add an entry in the Alert menu to explain what it's for - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14978
* Continue preparation/discusssions about usability proposals listed at http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Usability/Tasks5/Prioritization/ - Assignee: Caty

10.3 (April):

* Fully replace the AS with Notifications (leftover from 10.2) - Assignee: Guillaume
* Introduce notion of blacklist for the Navigation panel and provide an Admin UI for it. Goal: remove the XWiki space by default using this blacklist (users can be seen in the User Index). Assignee: Marius
* Slot reserved for one usability improvement from those explored by Caty. Assignee: Marius
* Slot reserved for one usability improvement from those explored by Caty. Assignee: Guillaume
* Finish "Discourage or disallow users to edit an extension's page “ - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14377 (see also http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/ExtensionDiscourageCodeEdit) - Assignee: Thomas
* Start work on performance. Goal: be as good as XWiki 8.4.x - Assignee: Thomas

Let me know if you have any comment or disagreements or if you’re interested in contributing something yourself to these roadmaps!

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XS 10.2 & 10.3

I’ve now updated the roadmap page at http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/

Could all developers assigned please review the page and create the required JIRAs and update the page with the planned JIRAs?