[Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 10.0

Hi devs and all,

Here’s a proposal for XWiki 10.0 discussed internally at XWiki SAS and based on the available developers for this period. Feel free to add items you’d like to implement too in the period! Also feel free to comment on the proposed items.

Note that there’s still some stabilization work that’s needed on XWiki 9.x, especially in the domain of Notifications. The idea is to release new versions of XWiki 9.x every 2 weeks at max.

# Topics

* Finish notifications - Guillaume (will be backported in 9.x)
* FS attachments by default - Thomas
* Performance - Thomas
* Skin refresh investigation + continue on usability for onboarding of admins and users (examples: inviting and adding users, creating the initial hierarchy of pages, change the logo, create the top menu) - Caty

# Dates

* 10.0RC1: 22nd of Jan 2018
* 10.0Final: 29th of Jan 2018

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 10.0

I’ve also updated http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/

> On 4 Jan 2018, at 10:44, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs and all,
>
> Here’s a proposal for XWiki 10.0 discussed internally at XWiki SAS and based on the available developers for this period. Feel free to add items you’d like to implement too in the period! Also feel free to comment on the proposed items.
>
> Note that there’s still some stabilization work that’s needed on XWiki 9.x, especially in the domain of Notifications. The idea is to release new versions of XWiki 9.x every 2 weeks at max.
>
> # Topics
>
> * Finish notifications - Guillaume (will be backported in 9.x)
> * FS attachments by default - Thomas
> * Performance - Thomas
> * Skin refresh investigation + continue on usability for onboarding of admins and users (examples: inviting and adding users, creating the initial hierarchy of pages, change the logo, create the top menu) - Caty
>
> # Dates
>
> * 10.0RC1: 22nd of Jan 2018
> * 10.0Final: 29th of Jan 2018

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 10.0

I forgot to mention that I’ve also prepared a proposal for the 10.x roadmap cycle, to provide general directions and ideas of what we could work on in 2018. I’m still finishing it and will post it in the coming days.