[Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 10.1

Here’s a proposed roadmap discussed with XWiki SAS devs (Thomas, Guillaume, Caty) who are available to work on 10.1.

Scope
=====

* Finish moving to FS-based attachments by default (it was planned for 10.0 already) - Assignee: Thomas
* Finish polishing/tuning/fixing Notifications and remove watchlist - Assigne: Guillaume
** Idea: enable mails by default when notifs are enabled.
* Prevent accidental move/renames - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14591 - Assignee: Thomas
* Start discussions to agree about usability proposals listed at http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Usability/Tasks5/Prioritization/ so that the first ones can be done during 10.2 and 10.3 - Assignee: Caty
* Skin refresh investigation (including Bootstrap 4) - Assignee: Caty

Dates:
=====
* 10.1RC1: 19 Jan 2018
* 10.1Final: 26 Jan 2018

Let me know if you have any remarks/issues or if you wish to contribute something extra to this roadmap.

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 10.1

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
I guess the dates are for February.

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposed roadmap discussed with XWiki SAS devs (Thomas,
> Guillaume, Caty) who are available to work on 10.1.
>
> Scope
> =====
>
> * Finish moving to FS-based attachments by default (it was planned for
> 10.0 already) - Assignee: Thomas
> * Finish polishing/tuning/fixing Notifications and remove watchlist -
> Assigne: Guillaume
> ** Idea: enable mails by default when notifs are enabled.
> * Prevent accidental move/renames - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/
> XWIKI-14591 - Assignee: Thomas
> * Start discussions to agree about usability proposals listed at
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Usability/
> Tasks5/Prioritization/ so that the first ones can be done during 10.2 and
> 10.3 - Assignee: Caty
> * Skin refresh investigation (including Bootstrap 4) - Assignee: Caty
>
> Dates:
> =====
> * 10.1RC1: 19 Jan 2018
> * 10.1Final: 26 Jan 2018
>
> Let me know if you have any remarks/issues or if you wish to contribute
> something extra to this roadmap.

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 10.1

Ah yes sorry, s/Jan/Feb :)

> On 30 Jan 2018, at 11:26, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I guess the dates are for February.
>

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 11:25 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> Here’s a proposed roadmap discussed with XWiki SAS devs (Thomas,
>> Guillaume, Caty) who are available to work on 10.1.
>>
>> Scope
>> =====
>>
>> * Finish moving to FS-based attachments by default (it was planned for
>> 10.0 already) - Assignee: Thomas
>> * Finish polishing/tuning/fixing Notifications and remove watchlist -
>> Assigne: Guillaume
>> ** Idea: enable mails by default when notifs are enabled.
>> * Prevent accidental move/renames - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/
>> XWIKI-14591 - Assignee: Thomas
>> * Start discussions to agree about usability proposals listed at
>> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Usability/
>> Tasks5/Prioritization/ so that the first ones can be done during 10.2 and
>> 10.3 - Assignee: Caty
>> * Skin refresh investigation (including Bootstrap 4) - Assignee: Caty
>>
>> Dates:
>> =====
>> * 10.1RC1: 19 Jan 2018
>> * 10.1Final: 26 Jan 2018
>>
>> Let me know if you have any remarks/issues or if you wish to contribute
>> something extra to this roadmap.

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 10.1

It’s now up on http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/

Thanks