[Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.11

We’ve just released XWiki 9.10. Let’s now define what we’ll do till the end of the year, i.e. for XWiki 9.11.

The proposal is to have 9.11 be mostly a stabilization release.

Here’s a proposal:

* Finish FS-based attachments but don’t turn it on by default. It’ll be turned on in XWiki 10.0. Thomas already started on this in XWiki 9.10. - Thomas
* Protect edition of pages coming from Extensions, in order to try improving upgrades. - Thomas
* Polishing of Notifications and performance check/improvemnt (It's very important to disable it and recheck the perf report to compare with 8.4.5 to see if the problem comes from notifs for ex).  - Guillaume
* Generally, bug fixes/stabilization - All

Dates:
* 9.11RC1: 11 Dec
* 9.11Final: 18 Dec (as a target but could go till end of the year)

Note:
* Knowing that Guillaume won’t have much during this period, it’s likely that Notifications won’t be polished enough to be marked as production level ready in 9.11 and we’ll probably need a 9.12 or 9.11.1 release in January for that.

WDYT? Anything else someone would like to do?

As usual please update http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/ with the detailed list of JIRA tasks for each topic.

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.11

I will concentrate on "Protect edition of pages" but with the tome
spent on GCI I may not fully finish to fix all the remaining FS
attachment issues in the 9.11 timeframe.