[Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.6-9.7

Here’s a proposal for the new roadmap (for 2 months: 9.6 and 9.7). Note that it’s summer and several will be on holidays.

Dates
=====

* 9.6: July
* 9.6RC1: 12th July (2w + 2 days)
* 9.6Final: 20th of July but we need to start releasing on 17th to be sure we're done before the XWiki SAS seminar (it starts on the 21st till the 28th and during this period the committers from XWiki SAS won’t be very active! :))
* 9.7: August
* 9.7RC1: 21st of August (3w)
* 9.7Final: 28th of August

Topics to tackle
============

* PDF Export - we need to be able to export multiple pages into one pdf file, with no errors and the best rendering possible - Vincent?

* Livetable improvements - Who: Pierre + Marius
** Implement bulk actions on livetable items
** Allow List of Users filtering also by entering first and last name, not just the user id
** Displaying a livetable list filter for a non-static list field is not scalable
** Support LiveTable text filtering on DBListclass columns

* Administration: Default values - Marius?
** XWIKI-14157 Display the default and inherited values in the Administration
** XWIKI-9663 Show default value for date format in administration

* Save button more visible. XWIKI-14162 Position Save buttons on a fixed-bottom area. - Pierre

* Notifications - Continue work - Who: Guillaume + Clement
** Replace Watchlist (missing: realtime notifications, RSS feed, Watch this page/space/wiki)
** Replace Activity Stream
** Easy to add notifications from contrib apps
** Add notifications for the Product-team supported apps (see https://products.xwikisas.com/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/)

* Get rid of old WYSIWYG - Marius?

* Be able to remove help, tour, blog extensions - Thomas?

* Improve XWiki Upgrades
** Display a notification when there’s a newer version available - ?
** Warnings when editing extension pages (same as for delete) - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14377 - ?

If time permits
===========

* Add support for Maven `<exclusions>` in Extension Manager

* Performance work
** Finish stuff to make filesystem attachment/history content the default (automatic migration, broken deleted attachments UI, etc.)
** Store the job status in separated files (XCOMMONS-1121)
** Live storage of the job log instead of at the end of the job execution(XCOMMONS-764)
** Async macros, panels, ui extensions, etc.
** ...

* Tour improvements
** add UI to use of `reflex` atrribute (TOUR-57)

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.6-9.7

> On 28 Jun 2017, at 10:18, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for the new roadmap (for 2 months: 9.6 and 9.7). Note that it’s summer and several will be on holidays.
>
> Dates
> =====
>
> * 9.6: July
> * 9.6RC1: 12th July (2w + 2 days)
> * 9.6Final: 20th of July but we need to start releasing on 17th to be sure we're done before the XWiki SAS seminar (it starts on the 21st till the 28th and during this period the committers from XWiki SAS won’t be very active! :))
> * 9.7: August
> * 9.7RC1: 21st of August (3w)
> * 9.7Final: 28th of August
>
> Topics to tackle
> ============

Note that we also need some dev to fix this regression bug: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14204

Any volunteer?

FYI I’ve also updated http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/ with it tentatively (I’ll update if there are changes).

> On 28 Jun 2017, at 10:18, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for the new roadmap (for 2 months: 9.6 and 9.7). Note that it’s summer and several will be on holidays.
>
> Dates
> =====
>
> * 9.6: July
> * 9.6RC1: 12th July (2w + 2 days)
> * 9.6Final: 20th of July but we need to start releasing on 17th to be sure we're done before the XWiki SAS seminar (it starts on the 21st till the 28th and during this period the committers from XWiki SAS won’t be very active! :))
> * 9.7: August
> * 9.7RC1: 21st of August (3w)
> * 9.7Final: 28th of August
>
> Topics to tackle
> ============
>
> * PDF Export - we need to be able to export multiple pages into one pdf file, with no errors and the best rendering possible - Vincent?
>
> * Livetable improvements - Who: Pierre + Marius
> ** Implement bulk actions on livetable items
> ** Allow List of Users filtering also by entering first and last name, not just the user id
> ** Displaying a livetable list filter for a non-static list field is not scalable
> ** Support LiveTable text filtering on DBListclass columns
>
> * Administration: Default values - Marius?
> ** XWIKI-14157 Display the default and inherited values in the Administration
> ** XWIKI-9663 Show default value for date format in administration
>
> * Save button more visible. XWIKI-14162 Position Save buttons on a fixed-bottom area. - Pierre
>
> * Notifications - Continue work - Who: Guillaume + Clement
> ** Replace Watchlist (missing: realtime notifications, RSS feed, Watch this page/space/wiki)
> ** Replace Activity Stream
> ** Easy to add notifications from contrib apps
> ** Add notifications for the Product-team supported apps (see https://products.xwikisas.com/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/)
>
> * Get rid of old WYSIWYG - Marius?
>
> * Be able to remove help, tour, blog extensions - Thomas?
>
> * Improve XWiki Upgrades
> ** Display a notification when there’s a newer version available - ?
> ** Warnings when editing extension pages (same as for delete) - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14377 - ?
>
> If time permits
> ===========
>
> * Add support for Maven `<exclusions>` in Extension Manager
>
> * Performance work
> ** Finish stuff to make filesystem attachment/history content the default (automatic migration, broken deleted attachments UI, etc.)
> ** Store the job status in separated files (XCOMMONS-1121)
> ** Live storage of the job log instead of at the end of the job execution(XCOMMONS-764)
> ** Async macros, panels, ui extensions, etc.
> ** ...
>
> * Tour improvements
> ** add UI to use of `reflex` atrribute (TOUR-57)

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.6-9.7

Sounds good.

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for the new roadmap (for 2 months: 9.6 and 9.7). Note that it’s summer and several will be on holidays.
>
> Dates
> =====
>
> * 9.6: July
> * 9.6RC1: 12th July (2w + 2 days)
> * 9.6Final: 20th of July but we need to start releasing on 17th to be sure we're done before the XWiki SAS seminar (it starts on the 21st till the 28th and during this period the committers from XWiki SAS won’t be very active! :))
> * 9.7: August
> * 9.7RC1: 21st of August (3w)
> * 9.7Final: 28th of August
>
> Topics to tackle
> ============
>
> * PDF Export - we need to be able to export multiple pages into one pdf file, with no errors and the best rendering possible - Vincent?
>
> * Livetable improvements - Who: Pierre + Marius
> ** Implement bulk actions on livetable items
> ** Allow List of Users filtering also by entering first and last name, not just the user id
> ** Displaying a livetable list filter for a non-static list field is not scalable
> ** Support LiveTable text filtering on DBListclass columns
>
> * Administration: Default values - Marius?
> ** XWIKI-14157 Display the default and inherited values in the Administration
> ** XWIKI-9663 Show default value for date format in administration
>
> * Save button more visible. XWIKI-14162 Position Save buttons on a fixed-bottom area. - Pierre
>
> * Notifications - Continue work - Who: Guillaume + Clement
> ** Replace Watchlist (missing: realtime notifications, RSS feed, Watch this page/space/wiki)
> ** Replace Activity Stream
> ** Easy to add notifications from contrib apps
> ** Add notifications for the Product-team supported apps (see https://products.xwikisas.com/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/)
>
> * Get rid of old WYSIWYG - Marius?
>
> * Be able to remove help, tour, blog extensions - Thomas?
>
> * Improve XWiki Upgrades
> ** Display a notification when there’s a newer version available - ?
> ** Warnings when editing extension pages (same as for delete) - https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14377 - ?
>
> If time permits
> ===========
>
> * Add support for Maven `<exclusions>` in Extension Manager
>
> * Performance work
> ** Finish stuff to make filesystem attachment/history content the default (automatic migration, broken deleted attachments UI, etc.)
> ** Store the job status in separated files (XCOMMONS-1121)
> ** Live storage of the job log instead of at the end of the job execution(XCOMMONS-764)
> ** Async macros, panels, ui extensions, etc.
> ** ...
>
> * Tour improvements
> ** add UI to use of `reflex` atrribute (TOUR-57)

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.6-9.7

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
+1

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]