[Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.8

Here’s a proposal for XWiki 9.8 (1 month):

Dates
=====

* 9.8RC1: 18th of Sep 2017
* 9.8: 25th of Sep 2017

Sure
====

Regressions (highest importance):

* Put back the ability to import from office in CKEditor (as we had in the GWT editor) - Marius

Some leftovers from previous roadmaps to finish:

* Livetable improvements - Marius
** Implement bulk actions on livetable items
** Allow List of Users filtering also by entering first and last name, not just the user id
** Displaying a livetable list filter for a non-static list field is not scalable
** Support LiveTable text filtering on DBListclass columns

* Notifications - Continue work - Guillaume
** Finish replacing the Watchlist
** Replace the Activity Stream
** Add notifications for recommended apps

New:

* XWIKI-14605: REST resource installed as extension is broken when upgrading/uninstalling a JAR from the same namespace or root namespace - Thomas

Other:

* Work on restructuring xwiki.org on several aspects - Vincent + Caty
** Remove XWiki Enterprise and mention the Standard flavor instead
** Improve the navigation by adding a navigation panel on the left and reorg pages as nested pages where it makes sense
** Small improvements to the skin to make it simpler for a website

If time permits
============

* Fix the move issue: http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14626

* Administration: Default values
** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-14157{{/jira}} Display the default and inherited values in the Administration
** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-9663{{/jira}} Show default value for date format in administration

* XWIKI-14162: Save button more visible. Position Save buttons on a fixed-bottom area. (continue from Pierre's PR)

* Improve XWiki Upgrades
** Display a notification when there’s a newer version available
** XWIKI-14377 Warnings when editing extension pages (same as for delete)

* Multipage tour feature

* Add an {{attachments}} macro

* Performance work
** Finish stuff to make filesystem attachment/history content the default (automatic migration, broken deleted attachments UI, etc.)

Let me know if anyone sees any issue with this and if other devs/contributors want to contribute something for 9.8!

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.8

Proposal added proactively on http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/ (I’ll update it if there are comments).

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 09:57, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for XWiki 9.8 (1 month):
>
> Dates
> =====
>
> * 9.8RC1: 18th of Sep 2017
> * 9.8: 25th of Sep 2017
>
> Sure
> ====
>
> Regressions (highest importance):
>
> * Put back the ability to import from office in CKEditor (as we had in the GWT editor) - Marius
>
> Some leftovers from previous roadmaps to finish:
>
> * Livetable improvements - Marius
> ** Implement bulk actions on livetable items
> ** Allow List of Users filtering also by entering first and last name, not just the user id
> ** Displaying a livetable list filter for a non-static list field is not scalable
> ** Support LiveTable text filtering on DBListclass columns
>
> * Notifications - Continue work - Guillaume
> ** Finish replacing the Watchlist
> ** Replace the Activity Stream
> ** Add notifications for recommended apps
>
> New:
>
> * XWIKI-14605: REST resource installed as extension is broken when upgrading/uninstalling a JAR from the same namespace or root namespace - Thomas
>
> Other:
>
> * Work on restructuring xwiki.org on several aspects - Vincent + Caty
> ** Remove XWiki Enterprise and mention the Standard flavor instead
> ** Improve the navigation by adding a navigation panel on the left and reorg pages as nested pages where it makes sense
> ** Small improvements to the skin to make it simpler for a website
>
> If time permits
> ============
>
> * Fix the move issue: http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14626
>
> * Administration: Default values
> ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-14157{{/jira}} Display the default and inherited values in the Administration
> ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-9663{{/jira}} Show default value for date format in administration
>
> * XWIKI-14162: Save button more visible. Position Save buttons on a fixed-bottom area. (continue from Pierre's PR)
>
> * Improve XWiki Upgrades
> ** Display a notification when there’s a newer version available
> ** XWIKI-14377 Warnings when editing extension pages (same as for delete)
>
> * Multipage tour feature
>
> * Add an {{attachments}} macro
>
> * Performance work
> ** Finish stuff to make filesystem attachment/history content the default (automatic migration, broken deleted attachments UI, etc.)
>
> Let me know if anyone sees any issue with this and if other devs/contributors want to contribute something for 9.8!

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.8

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
+1

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Proposal added proactively on http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/
> bin/view/Roadmaps/ (I’ll update it if there are comments).

> > On 31 Aug 2017, at 09:57, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > Here’s a proposal for XWiki 9.8 (1 month):
> >
> > Dates
> > =====
> >
> > * 9.8RC1: 18th of Sep 2017
> > * 9.8: 25th of Sep 2017
> >
> > Sure
> > ====
> >
> > Regressions (highest importance):
> >
> > * Put back the ability to import from office in CKEditor (as we had in
> the GWT editor) - Marius
> >
> > Some leftovers from previous roadmaps to finish:
> >
> > * Livetable improvements - Marius
> > ** Implement bulk actions on livetable items
> > ** Allow List of Users filtering also by entering first and last name,
> not just the user id
> > ** Displaying a livetable list filter for a non-static list field is not
> scalable
> > ** Support LiveTable text filtering on DBListclass columns
> >
> > * Notifications - Continue work - Guillaume
> > ** Finish replacing the Watchlist
> > ** Replace the Activity Stream
> > ** Add notifications for recommended apps
> >
> > New:
> >
> > * XWIKI-14605: REST resource installed as extension is broken when
> upgrading/uninstalling a JAR from the same namespace or root namespace -
> Thomas
> >
> > Other:
> >
> > * Work on restructuring xwiki.org on several aspects - Vincent + Caty
> > ** Remove XWiki Enterprise and mention the Standard flavor instead
> > ** Improve the navigation by adding a navigation panel on the left and
> reorg pages as nested pages where it makes sense
> > ** Small improvements to the skin to make it simpler for a website
> >
> > If time permits
> > ============
> >
> > * Fix the move issue: http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14626
> >
> > * Administration: Default values
> > ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-14157{{/jira}}
> Display the default and inherited values in the Administration
> > ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-9663{{/jira}}
> Show default value for date format in administration
> >
> > * XWIKI-14162: Save button more visible. Position Save buttons on a
> fixed-bottom area. (continue from Pierre's PR)
> >
> > * Improve XWiki Upgrades
> > ** Display a notification when there’s a newer version available
> > ** XWIKI-14377 Warnings when editing extension pages (same as for delete)
> >
> > * Multipage tour feature
> >
> > * Add an {{attachments}} macro
> >
> > * Performance work
> > ** Finish stuff to make filesystem attachment/history content the
> default (automatic migration, broken deleted attachments UI, etc.)
> >
> > Let me know if anyone sees any issue with this and if other
> devs/contributors want to contribute something for 9.8!

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.8

caubin
Hi,

[…]

>>> If time permits
>>> ============
>>>
>>> * Fix the move issue: http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14626
>>>
>>> * Administration: Default values
>>> ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-14157{{/jira}}
>> Display the default and inherited values in the Administration
>>> ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-9663{{/jira}}
>> Show default value for date format in administration
>>>
>>> * XWIKI-14162: Save button more visible. Position Save buttons on a
>> fixed-bottom area. (continue from Pierre's PR)
>>>
>>> * Improve XWiki Upgrades
>>> ** Display a notification when there’s a newer version available

I’ll try to handle that, as well as other minor bugfixes on platform.

+1 for the rest of the roadmap.

Thanks,
Clément