[Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.9 + 9.10

Here’s a proposal for XWiki 9.9 + 9.10 (2 months).

Dates
=====

Roadmap for the coming 2 months.

* 9.9RC1: 16 Oct 2017
* 9.9: 23 oct 2017
* 9.10RC1: 13 Nov 2017
* 9.10: 20 Nov 2017

Sure
====

* Notifications - Continue work - Guillaume
** Finish replacing the Watchlist
** Fix UX and improve UI - Help from Caty needed!
** Add notifications for recommended apps
* XWIKI-14377 Warnings when editing extension pages (same as for delete) - Thomas (Priority) + Caty help for the UI
* Fix the move issue: http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14626 - Thomas (Priority)
* Performance work - Thomas
** Finish stuff to make filesystem attachment/history content the default (automatic migration, broken deleted attachments UI, etc.)

If time permits
===========

* XWIKI-14162: Save button more visible. Position Save buttons on a fixed-bottom area. (continue from Pierre's PR)
* Livetable improvements
** Implement bulk actions on livetable items
* Administration: Default values
** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-14157{{/jira}} Display the default and inherited values in the Administration
** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-9663{{/jira}} Show default value for date format in administration
* Multipage tour feature
* Add an {{attachments}} macro
* More perf work
** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XCOMMONS-1121{{/jira}} - Store the job status in separated files
** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XCOMMONS-764{{/jira}} - Live storage of the job log instead of at the end of the job execution
** Async macros, panels, ui extensions, etc.
** ...
* Start Page API work

Let me know if anyone has any comment or if some contributor/committers want to work on more stuff! :)

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.9 + 9.10

caubin
Hi,

On 09/25/2017 09:28 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for XWiki 9.9 + 9.10 (2 months).
>
> Dates
> =====
>
> Roadmap for the coming 2 months.
>
> * 9.9RC1: 16 Oct 2017
> * 9.9: 23 oct 2017
> * 9.10RC1: 13 Nov 2017
> * 9.10: 20 Nov 2017
>
> Sure
> ====
>
> * Notifications - Continue work - Guillaume
> ** Finish replacing the Watchlist
> ** Fix UX and improve UI - Help from Caty needed!
> ** Add notifications for recommended apps
> * XWIKI-14377 Warnings when editing extension pages (same as for delete) - Thomas (Priority) + Caty help for the UI
> * Fix the move issue: http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14626 - Thomas (Priority)
> * Performance work - Thomas
> ** Finish stuff to make filesystem attachment/history content the default (automatic migration, broken deleted attachments UI, etc.)
>
> If time permits
> ===========
>
> * XWIKI-14162: Save button more visible. Position Save buttons on a fixed-bottom area. (continue from Pierre's PR)
> * Livetable improvements
> ** Implement bulk actions on livetable items
> * Administration: Default values
> ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-14157{{/jira}} Display the default and inherited values in the Administration
> ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XWIKI-9663{{/jira}} Show default value for date format in administration
> * Multipage tour feature
> * Add an {{attachments}} macro
> * More perf work
> ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XCOMMONS-1121{{/jira}} - Store the job status in separated files
> ** {{jira url="https://jira.xwiki.org" style="enum"}}XCOMMONS-764{{/jira}} - Live storage of the job log instead of at the end of the job execution
> ** Async macros, panels, ui extensions, etc.
> ** ...
> * Start Page API work
>
> Let me know if anyone has any comment or if some contributor/committers want to work on more stuff! :)

Will continue the work on XCOMMONS-1253 and XWIKI-14666 on my side.
Hopefully those two issues will be done for 9.9RC1 :)

Thanks,
Clément

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.9 + 9.10

> On 25 Sep 2017, at 19:53, Clément Aubin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[snip]

>> Let me know if anyone has any comment or if some contributor/committers want to work on more stuff! :)
>
> Will continue the work on XCOMMONS-1253 and XWIKI-14666 on my side.
> Hopefully those two issues will be done for 9.9RC1 :)

Awesome!

Note that I have just created https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14748 too in case you’re also interested :)

> Clément

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki 9.9 + 9.10

I’ve now published the roadmap at http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/

Please detail the jiras when you can.