Quantcast

[Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki - April - June 2017

[Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki - April - June 2017

Here’s a proposal for the coming 3 1-month roadmaps that I’ve discussed already with the devs from XWiki SAS.

@Other devs: if you want to contribute to these releases don’t hesitate to propose items that you wish to implement!
@Anyone: feel free to comment on this roadmap (things you like, don’t like, etc). I can’t assure that everything will be taken into account but they’ll be discussed and it’ll help shape the direction of the project :)

Content
=======

* Move from XE to KB Flavor and distribute the platform distribution - Thomas
* Prepared mails might be never sent if the XWiki server crash or is restarted - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13991 - Vincent
* Be able to also restore deleted children pages when restoring a parent nested page - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13164 - Edy
* Improved Rights UI: Investigation only - Caty
* Livetable: Batch Selection + Better Filters (users, boolean, date, partial location) - ?
* Administration: Suggest & Filter for menu categories - Marius
* Administration: Default values - ?
* Multipage tours - ?
* HomePage: Proposals for exposing people to the help content from the home page and possible different default content for the home page. Investigation then some implementation - Caty for investigation. ? for dev
* Menu App by default. Investigation then some implementation - Caty for investigation. ? for dev
* Various UI usability improvements. Some topics to investigate + some implementation - Caty for investigation. ? for dev
** Save button more visible
** Implement an option to display action name under icons
** Make wheel and 3dots menu more coherent
** AWM "add entries”
** Make discoverable the logo change and panel layout features
** Admin reorg
* Drop down on "+" Menu + Admin UI to select some templates. Investigation then implementation - Caty for investigation. ? for dev
* Draw.io new version - Marius
* Attachment improvements - Marius
* Bundle Help section - ?
* Polishing CKEditor - Marius
* Look for a user workaround for the limitation of 255 chars in document location - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13402 - Thomas
* Create an extension point for the "Content Menu” area - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13078 - Edy
* Continue working on notifications - Guillaume
* Improve PDF Export - ?

Dates
=====

I’m proposing:

* 9.3RC1: 17 April 2017 (3w)
* 9.3Final: 24 April 2017 (1w)
* 9.4RC1: 22 May 2017 (4w)
* 9.4Final: 29 May 2017 (1w)
* 9.5RC1: 19 June 2017 (3w)
* 9.5Final: 26 June 2017 (1w)

Re: [Proposal] Roadmap for XWiki - April - June 2017

ok I’ve now updated http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/ with this.

@All devs: please put your name next to issue you wish to tackle. And for all issues you wish to tackle please make sure there are JIRA issues and list them on this roadmap page.

Please try to do the investigations as early as possible to flush out potential issue (rather than finding them around the end).

Thanks!
-Vincent