[Proposal] Roadmaps for 11.5 and 11.6

Here’s a proposal for 11.5 + 11.6, discussed with Thomas, Marius and Simon already.

XWiki 11.5
==========

* BFD: All
* Hibernate upgrade to finish - Assignee: Thomas
* "Finish the autocomplete of references which has been dropped since Adel left and we still don't have it in the WYSIWYG + implement autocomplete on attachments.”. - Assignee: Marius
* Merge on Save: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-175 - Assignee: Simon

Dates:
* 11.5RC1: 17 June 2019
* 11.5: 24 June 2019

XWiki 11.6
=========

* BFD: All
* Velocity upgrade (too dangerous for 11.2/11.3) - Assignee: Thomas
* Security: Add permissions for xobjects to prevent giving all permissions to users with edit rights on a page. - Assignee: Marius (+ Thomas)?
* Limit number of login attempts until user gets blocked - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15488 - Assignee: Simon ?

Dates:
* 11.6RC1: 22 July 2019 (added one more week due to the XWiki SAS seminar)
* 11.6: 29 July 2019

Others
======

The following item couldn’t be planned for 11.5 or 11.6 due to lack of time/manpower but we should consider it for 11.7+:
* Better handling of user removal and transfer of rights ( http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12142 )

WDYT?

@devs: please confirm that you’re ok. @Simon, please let me know if it’s ok for the item where there’s a question mark. @Marius: same for you.

@evalica: I didn’t put any investigations/designs but we should IMO. Any proposals?

Re: [Proposal] Roadmaps for 11.5 and 11.6

Added to https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/

@Devs: please create/reference the missing jiras on https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/

> On 21 May 2019, at 11:23, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for 11.5 + 11.6, discussed with Thomas, Marius and Simon already.
>
> XWiki 11.5
> ==========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Hibernate upgrade to finish - Assignee: Thomas
> * "Finish the autocomplete of references which has been dropped since Adel left and we still don't have it in the WYSIWYG + implement autocomplete on attachments.”. - Assignee: Marius
> * Merge on Save: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-175 - Assignee: Simon
>
> Dates:
> * 11.5RC1: 17 June 2019
> * 11.5: 24 June 2019
>
> XWiki 11.6
> =========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Velocity upgrade (too dangerous for 11.2/11.3) - Assignee: Thomas
> * Security: Add permissions for xobjects to prevent giving all permissions to users with edit rights on a page. - Assignee: Marius (+ Thomas)?
> * Limit number of login attempts until user gets blocked - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15488 - Assignee: Simon ?
>
> Dates:
> * 11.6RC1: 22 July 2019 (added one more week due to the XWiki SAS seminar)
> * 11.6: 29 July 2019
>
> Others
> ======
>
> The following item couldn’t be planned for 11.5 or 11.6 due to lack of time/manpower but we should consider it for 11.7+:
> * Better handling of user removal and transfer of rights ( http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12142 )
>
> WDYT?
>
> @devs: please confirm that you’re ok. @Simon, please let me know if it’s ok for the item where there’s a question mark. @Marius: same for you.
>
> @evalica: I didn’t put any investigations/designs but we should IMO. Any proposals?

Re: [Proposal] Roadmaps for 11.5 and 11.6

Looks good to me

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 11:23 AM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for 11.5 + 11.6, discussed with Thomas, Marius and Simon already.
>
> XWiki 11.5
> ==========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Hibernate upgrade to finish - Assignee: Thomas
> * "Finish the autocomplete of references which has been dropped since Adel left and we still don't have it in the WYSIWYG + implement autocomplete on attachments.”. - Assignee: Marius
> * Merge on Save: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-175 - Assignee: Simon
>
> Dates:
> * 11.5RC1: 17 June 2019
> * 11.5: 24 June 2019
>
> XWiki 11.6
> =========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Velocity upgrade (too dangerous for 11.2/11.3) - Assignee: Thomas
> * Security: Add permissions for xobjects to prevent giving all permissions to users with edit rights on a page. - Assignee: Marius (+ Thomas)?
> * Limit number of login attempts until user gets blocked - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15488 - Assignee: Simon ?
>
> Dates:
> * 11.6RC1: 22 July 2019 (added one more week due to the XWiki SAS seminar)
> * 11.6: 29 July 2019
>
> Others
> ======
>
> The following item couldn’t be planned for 11.5 or 11.6 due to lack of time/manpower but we should consider it for 11.7+:
> * Better handling of user removal and transfer of rights ( http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12142 )
>
> WDYT?
>
> @devs: please confirm that you’re ok. @Simon, please let me know if it’s ok for the item where there’s a question mark. @Marius: same for you.
>
> @evalica: I didn’t put any investigations/designs but we should IMO. Any proposals?

Re: [Proposal] Roadmaps for 11.5 and 11.6

Also note that during this period there’s GSOC mentoring for several devs and the devs by the GSOCers:

See https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode#HSelectedProjectsforGSoC201928429

BTW it would be great if hte GSOCers could publish their development roadmaps and have some time-boxing releases every 15 days for ex. and since the monthly releases to match the XS ones. WDYT?

> On 21 May 2019, at 11:23, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for 11.5 + 11.6, discussed with Thomas, Marius and Simon already.
>
> XWiki 11.5
> ==========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Hibernate upgrade to finish - Assignee: Thomas
> * "Finish the autocomplete of references which has been dropped since Adel left and we still don't have it in the WYSIWYG + implement autocomplete on attachments.”. - Assignee: Marius
> * Merge on Save: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-175 - Assignee: Simon
>
> Dates:
> * 11.5RC1: 17 June 2019
> * 11.5: 24 June 2019
>
> XWiki 11.6
> =========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Velocity upgrade (too dangerous for 11.2/11.3) - Assignee: Thomas
> * Security: Add permissions for xobjects to prevent giving all permissions to users with edit rights on a page. - Assignee: Marius (+ Thomas)?
> * Limit number of login attempts until user gets blocked - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15488 - Assignee: Simon ?
>
> Dates:
> * 11.6RC1: 22 July 2019 (added one more week due to the XWiki SAS seminar)
> * 11.6: 29 July 2019
>
> Others
> ======
>
> The following item couldn’t be planned for 11.5 or 11.6 due to lack of time/manpower but we should consider it for 11.7+:
> * Better handling of user removal and transfer of rights ( http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12142 )
>
> WDYT?
>
> @devs: please confirm that you’re ok. @Simon, please let me know if it’s ok for the item where there’s a question mark. @Marius: same for you.
>
> @evalica: I didn’t put any investigations/designs but we should IMO. Any proposals?

Re: [Proposal] Roadmaps for 11.5 and 11.6

Simon Urli
Hi Vincent, all,

On 21/05/2019 11:23, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for 11.5 + 11.6, discussed with Thomas, Marius and Simon already.
>
> XWiki 11.5
> ==========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Hibernate upgrade to finish - Assignee: Thomas
> * "Finish the autocomplete of references which has been dropped since Adel left and we still don't have it in the WYSIWYG + implement autocomplete on attachments.”. - Assignee: Marius
> * Merge on Save: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-175 - Assignee: Simon
>
> Dates:
> * 11.5RC1: 17 June 2019
> * 11.5: 24 June 2019

Note that I actually have some remaining work to finish as part of
WikiMacro content inline editing too.
We might need to discuss if we should consider the inline editing of the
wikimacro parameters as a priority too, since it's not done yet.

> XWiki 11.6
> =========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Velocity upgrade (too dangerous for 11.2/11.3) - Assignee: Thomas
> * Security: Add permissions for xobjects to prevent giving all permissions to users with edit rights on a page. - Assignee: Marius (+ Thomas)?
> * Limit number of login attempts until user gets blocked - http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15488 - Assignee: Simon ?
>
> Dates:
> * 11.6RC1: 22 July 2019 (added one more week due to the XWiki SAS seminar)
> * 11.6: 29 July 2019
>
> Others
> ======
>
> The following item couldn’t be planned for 11.5 or 11.6 due to lack of time/manpower but we should consider it for 11.7+:
> * Better handling of user removal and transfer of rights ( http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12142 )
>
> WDYT?
>
> @devs: please confirm that you’re ok. @Simon, please let me know if it’s ok for the item where there’s a question mark. @Marius: same for you.
>
> @evalica: I didn’t put any investigations/designs but we should IMO. Any proposals?

Simon Urli
Software Engineer at XWiki SAS
[hidden email]
More about us at http://www.xwiki.com

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 12:23 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Here’s a proposal for 11.5 + 11.6, discussed with Thomas, Marius and Simon
> already.
>
> XWiki 11.5
> ==========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Hibernate upgrade to finish - Assignee: Thomas
> * "Finish the autocomplete of references which has been dropped since Adel
> left and we still don't have it in the WYSIWYG + implement autocomplete on
> attachments.”. - Assignee: Marius
> * Merge on Save: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-175 - Assignee: Simon
>
> Dates:
> * 11.5RC1: 17 June 2019
> * 11.5: 24 June 2019
>
> XWiki 11.6
> =========
>
> * BFD: All
> * Velocity upgrade (too dangerous for 11.2/11.3) - Assignee: Thomas
>

> * Security: Add permissions for xobjects to prevent giving all permissions
> to users with edit rights on a page. - Assignee: Marius (+ Thomas)?

Sounds good.