[Proposal] Terminology: Using XS to signify XWiki Standard

[Proposal] Terminology: Using XS to signify XWiki Standard

We used to say XE to mean XWiki Enterprise.

I’m proposing to use XS to mean XWiki Standard now.

Re: [Proposal] Terminology: Using XS to signify XWiki Standard

Marius Dumitru Florea
FTR https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XS

Use where exactly? In IRC, mailing lists, forum? OK. I'm not sure about the
documentation though. I think we should use the full name there.

We’ve been using XE for years and it didn’t cause any trouble even though https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xe ;)

> Use where exactly? In IRC, mailing lists, forum? OK. I'm not sure about the
> documentation though. I think we should use the full name there.

Same context as what we were doing for XE.

> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:07 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> We used to say XE to mean XWiki Enterprise.
>>
>> I’m proposing to use XS to mean XWiki Standard now.
>>
>> WDYT?

Re: [Proposal] Terminology: Using XS to signify XWiki Standard

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Do you mean we should use XS in some official things or just as a shortcut
to say things?

Anyway, maybe it's too early for this kind of shortcut, because I would
always want to have a confirmation that we are talking about the XStandard
:)

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 4 Jan 2018, at 11:43, Marius Dumitru Florea <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > FTR https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XS
>
> We’ve been using XE for years and it didn’t cause any trouble even though
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xe ;)
>
> > Use where exactly? In IRC, mailing lists, forum? OK. I'm not sure about
> the
> > documentation though. I think we should use the full name there.
>
> Same context as what we were doing for XE.

> > On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 12:07 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> We used to say XE to mean XWiki Enterprise.
> >>
> >> I’m proposing to use XS to mean XWiki Standard now.
> >>
> >> WDYT?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent

Re: [Proposal] Terminology: Using XS to signify XWiki Standard

> On 4 Jan 2018, at 12:31, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Do you mean we should use XS in some official things or just as a shortcut
> to say things?

Shortcut. Again same as XE….

Guys, why didn’t you have any issue with XE and suddenly it becomes a problem for XS? :)

> Anyway, maybe it's too early for this kind of shortcut, because I would
> always want to have a confirmation that we are talking about the XStandard
> :)

That’s exactly the purpose of this email. To agree between us that when we say “XS” we mean XWiki Standard.

Honestly I thought this email wasn’t even necessary but I thought I’d still send it to accelerate the adoption of XS to mean XWiki Standard because I’m fed up of writing "XWiki Standard” in all my mails, chats, etc.