[Proposal] Turn comments into major events

[Proposal] Turn comments into major events

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi XWiki Users,

I've been performing some XWiki demos recently and it came to my attention
that when adding a comment to a page and then going back to the homepage, my
comments didn't show up in the recent activity section of the dashboard.
This is due to the fact that adding a comment is considered a minor event.

This behavior is still taking place in the most recent versions of XWiki
Enterprise (I tested a XE 2.7 snapshot this morning). I believe that
comments should be treated as major events, the same way that adding an
object or an annotation to a page is.

Therefore I propose making adding a comment a major event instead of a minor
one.

Here's my +1 for this.

Thanks,

Guillaume

Re: [Proposal] Turn comments into major events

Ricardo Rodríguez
+1

Thanks!

Guillaume Lerouge wrote:

> Hi XWiki Users,
>
> I've been performing some XWiki demos recently and it came to my attention
> that when adding a comment to a page and then going back to the homepage, my
> comments didn't show up in the recent activity section of the dashboard.
> This is due to the fact that adding a comment is considered a minor event.
>
> This behavior is still taking place in the most recent versions of XWiki
> Enterprise (I tested a XE 2.7 snapshot this morning). I believe that
> comments should be treated as major events, the same way that adding an
> object or an annotation to a page is.
>
> Therefore I propose making adding a comment a major event instead of a minor
> one.
>
> Here's my +1 for this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guillaume

Ricardo Rodríguez
CTO
eBioTIC.
Life Sciences, Data Modeling and Information Management Systems

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Proposal] Turn comments into major events

Silvia Rusu

+1.

Silvia

Pe 10.11.2010 15:35, Guillaume Lerouge a scris:

> Hi XWiki Devs,
>
> I've been performing some XWiki demos recently and it came to my attention
> that when adding a comment to a page and then going back to the homepage, my
> comments didn't show up in the recent activity section of the dashboard.
> This is due to the fact that adding a comment is considered a minor event.
>
> This behavior is still taking place in the most recent versions of XWiki
> Enterprise (I tested a XE 2.7 snapshot this morning). I believe that
> comments should be treated as major events, the same way that adding an
> object or an annotation to a page is.
>
> Therefore I propose making adding a comment a major event instead of a minor
> one.
>
> Here's my +1 for this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guillaume
Silvia Rusu
Tester & Documentation Writer - XWiki
http://twitter.com/silviarusu

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Proposal] Turn comments into major events

Arnaud bourree-2
-1

IMO, comments aren't major update of the body page and should be only
show as minor update.

In other hand, comments on blog could be see as major update as there
are reply to the blog

My two cents opinion

Arnaud.