[Proposal][UX] Extension Manager Improvements 9.8+

[Proposal][UX] Extension Manager Improvements 9.8+

This is a small proposal that shows improvements related to:
- layout changes for ratings,
- the display of price for payed extensions,
- replacing the Silk icons with FontAwesome and
- experimenting with a custom Theme styling.

http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/ExtensionManager99

Let me know what you think.

Re: [Proposal][UX] Extension Manager Improvements 9.8+

> On 5 Oct 2017, at 15:25, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> This is a small proposal that shows improvements related to:
> - layout changes for ratings,
> - the display of price for payed extensions,

About this point only.

It’s more complex actually since the pricing depends on a variety of things:
* whether you’re buying a pack or just one extension
* for how many users you buy,
* if there are discounts, promotion campaign, etc

Thus we can’t put the price and this has to be computed by the target paying store.

Or we need to only indicate something like “Starting at XXX USD/EUR”.

Personally I don’t think we should include the price there and it should be up to the paying store to handle that.

I’d say we just need to make more visible the link to the website for an extension instead.

> - replacing the Silk icons with FontAwesome and
> - experimenting with a custom Theme styling.
>
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/ExtensionManager99
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Thanks,
> Caty

Re: [Proposal][UX] Extension Manager Improvements 9.8+

> On 5 Oct 2017, at 15:41, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 5 Oct 2017, at 15:25, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> This is a small proposal that shows improvements related to:
>> - layout changes for ratings,
>> - the display of price for payed extensions,
>
> About this point only.
>
> It’s more complex actually since the pricing depends on a variety of things:
> * whether you’re buying a pack or just one extension
> * for how many users you buy,
> * if there are discounts, promotion campaign, etc
>
> Thus we can’t put the price and this has to be computed by the target paying store.
>
> Or we need to only indicate something like “Starting at XXX USD/EUR”.
>
> Personally I don’t think we should include the price there and it should be up to the paying store to handle that.
>
> I’d say we just need to make more visible the link to the website for an extension instead.

Forgot to mention that instead of the price we should mention it’s a paying extension.

Also note that this isn’t just UI. It needs a change in the EM/Repository app.

The same kind of changes need to be done on e.x.o, i.e.inside the Repo app.

>> - replacing the Silk icons with FontAwesome and
>> - experimenting with a custom Theme styling.
>>
>> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/ExtensionManager99
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Caty

Re: [Proposal][UX] Extension Manager Improvements 9.8+

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
As you said, we could say "Starting ... " or at least "Paying" because we
need to differentiate the extensions, since the installation process
differ, you need a license, you get support, etc.