[Proposal] Version name for the 1.0 Beta 1 release

[Proposal] Version name for the 1.0 Beta 1 release

I'd like to propose using "1.0-beta-1" in the released file names. For
example:

* xwiki-1.0-beta-1.exe: standalone install - windows installer
* xwiki-1.0-beta-1.zip: standalone install - all platforms
* xwiki-1.0-beta-1.war: standard war - for users who want to setup their own
container+DB
* xwiki-1.0-beta-1.jar: core JAR (for plugin developers for example)

The reason for this naming is:

1) Clearly expresses what is it (vs "1.0b1")
2) It follows Maven naming conventions

Re: [Proposal] Version name for the 1.0 Beta 1 release

Ludovic Dubost

+1

Can we find a naming convention for the build number ?

Ludovic

Vincent Massol a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose using "1.0-beta-1" in the released file names. For
> example:
>
> * xwiki-1.0-beta-1.exe: standalone install - windows installer
> * xwiki-1.0-beta-1.zip: standalone install - all platforms
> * xwiki-1.0-beta-1.war: standard war - for users who want to setup their own
> container+DB
> * xwiki-1.0-beta-1.jar: core JAR (for plugin developers for example)
>
> The reason for this naming is:
>
> 1) Clearly expresses what is it (vs "1.0b1")
> 2) It follows Maven naming conventions

> Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.
> http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost
AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic

Re: [Proposal] Version name for the 1.0 Beta 1 release

jeremi joslin-2
+1

On 12/11/06, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Can we find a naming convention for the build number ?
>
> Ludovic
>
> Vincent Massol a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to propose using "1.0-beta-1" in the released file names. For
> > example:
> >
> > * xwiki-1.0-beta-1.exe: standalone install - windows installer
> > * xwiki-1.0-beta-1.zip: standalone install - all platforms
> > * xwiki-1.0-beta-1.war: standard war - for users who want to setup their own
> > container+DB
> > * xwiki-1.0-beta-1.jar: core JAR (for plugin developers for example)
> >
> > The reason for this naming is:
> >
> > 1) Clearly expresses what is it (vs "1.0b1")
> > 2) It follows Maven naming conventions

> > Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.
> > http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

> Ludovic Dubost
> Blog: http://www.ludovic.org/blog/
> XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
> Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost
> AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic

jeremi

Re: [Proposal] Version name for the 1.0 Beta 1 release

Jean-Vincent Drean
+1