[Proposal] XWiki 10.9 Roadmap

Misses from the 10.8 roadmap:
* Macro inline editing in WYSIWYG - Design done but no implementation done. Lack of time.
* Continue work on performance - Thomas started but didn’t commit anything (lack of time/focus, help others, TFD, etc)
* Auto complete of references in WYSIWYG Macro Dialog - Adel researched it but no work committed. Lack of time. Adel worked on fixing some issues discovered in the reference auto complete code already committed.
* Investigate how we could make the upgrade experience simpler. Just starting now. Lack of time.

We’ll put the misses in 10.9, see below.

Proposal for XWiki 10.9:

* Thomas/Vincent: Improve STAMP KPIs (20%) - 1 day per week
* All: BFD (20%)
* Thomas: continue work on performance (started in 10.4). Goal: go back to XWiki 8.x performance! Hint: https://t.co/0ZckyVYg6c ;)
* Simon/Marius (moved from 10.8 roadmap): Macro inline editing in WYSIWYG
* Adel/Marius (moved from 10.8 roadmap): Auto complete of references in WYSIWYG Macro Dialog (+ grouping feature so that users don't get both "page" and "reference" at the same time + "deprecated"/"priority" to show "page" more proemintenly than "reference")
* Simon: Page Move/Renaming: don't allow and/or warn when moving pages containing xclass definitions. Use case: prevent users from breaking AWM apps they created
* Guillaume: Remove AS whenever it's used and replaced it with the new Notifications macro

Best effort: If we have time (otherwise candidates for 10.10+):

* Marius/Adel/Simon: Display Reference of documents to copy paste
* Marius/Adel/Simon: Improve the XClass picker when in object edit mode (make it like the Add Macro dialog for WYSIWYG editor)
* Thomas: work on some items to make the upgrade experience simpler + unattended upgrades (ability to upgrade XWiki from the command line without interaction). Use the result of Caty's investigation from XWiki 10.8 period.

Dates:
* 10.9RC1: 22 October (made it 4 weeks instead of the usual 3 since we have some margin). This should give us more time to work on the different topics
* 10.9Final: 29 October

WDYT?

I’ll create the roadmap page on xwiki.org a bit later today and you’ll be able to edit it and add the jira issues for each topic.

Re: [Proposal] XWiki 10.9 Roadmap

The page is now on https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/#HXWiki10.9

@All committers: please analyze your topics, create jira issues and select the ones you’ll implement in 10.9 by listing them on https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Roadmaps/#HXWiki10.9

Thanks!