[Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins).
The current proposal of the skin can be found at
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1

The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.

There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.

Help us vote and find a suitable name,

Re: [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
I want to propose: *gnatcatcher*

http://www.paulnoll.com/Oregon/Birds/Likely/thumbs-Gnatcatcher-Blue-gray.jpg

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Blue-gray_Gnatcatcher/id

It's not that of a friendly name, but it has the colors similar to the ones
found in the skin. He also eats bugs :)

On Aug 13, 2009, at 5:38 PM, Ecaterina Valica wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins)
> .
> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>
> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>
> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.

I'm voting for:
- Dove
- Colibri (since Cati liked this one and I don't mind)

But basically I'm find with whatever is chosen provided it's a bird
name...

> Help us vote and find a suitable name,
> Caty

Re: [xwiki-users] [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

Guillaume Lerouge

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Ecaterina Valica <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to propose: *gnatcatcher*

Sounds weird, but it has character. I like it :-) If others people like it
too I'd love us to go with it.

Otherwise I'm also +0 for colibri (a light bird for a light skin) or dove (a
clean bird for a clean skin).

Guillaume

> http://www.paulnoll.com/Oregon/Birds/Likely/thumbs-Gnatcatcher-Blue-gray.jpg
>
> http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Blue-gray_Gnatcatcher/id
>
> It's not that of a friendly name, but it has the colors similar to the ones
> found in the skin. He also eats bugs :)
>
> Thanks,
> Caty

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki
Skype: wikibc
Twitter: glerouge
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

On Aug 13, 2009, at 5:41 PM, Ecaterina Valica wrote:

> I want to propose: *gnatcatcher*

Are you serious? :)

john doe> What skin are you using?
cati> natkatcher
cati> err wait... (looking up)
cati> gnatcatcher !
john doe> pardon me! Are you making fun of me?
cati> no no, this is real name, I assure you
cati> see http://www.paulnoll.com/Oregon/Birds/Likely/thumbs-Gnatcatcher-Blue-gray.jpg

> http://www.paulnoll.com/Oregon/Birds/Likely/thumbs-Gnatcatcher-Blue-gray.jpg
>
> http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Blue-gray_Gnatcatcher/id
>
> It's not that of a friendly name, but it has the colors similar to
> the ones
> found in the skin.

Well the main point of this skin is that colors can be changed easily ;)

> He also eats bugs :)

That's a nice feature but I thought all birds were doing that :)

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 17:38, Ecaterina Valica<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins).
> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>
> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>
> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.

I propose "heron", rights colors, very simple name as "toucan"
("gnatcatcher" seems really too complex to me).

http://www.beolens.co.uk/digiscoping/galleries/Grey_heron/Grey%20heron%2031.03.2004.jpg

> Help us vote and find a suitable name,
> Caty

Re: [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

hel-o
Whats about bustard i think that would fit in (dodo, albatross).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bustard

hel.

vmassol wrote
On Aug 13, 2009, at 5:38 PM, Ecaterina Valica wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins)
> .
> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>
> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>
> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.

I'm voting for:
- Dove
- Colibri (since Cati liked this one and I don't mind)

But basically I'm find with whatever is chosen provided it's a bird
name...

> Help us vote and find a suitable name,
> Caty
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

Ludovic Dubost-2

"pelican" could be nice too..

Thomas Mortagne a écrit :

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 17:38, Ecaterina Valica<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins).
>> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>>
>> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>>
>> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.
>>

> I propose "heron", rights colors, very simple name as "toucan"
> ("gnatcatcher" seems really too complex to me).
>
> http://www.beolens.co.uk/digiscoping/galleries/Grey_heron/Grey%20heron%2031.03.2004.jpg
>

>> Help us vote and find a suitable name,
>> Caty

Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost

Re: [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

Jean-Vincent Drean-3
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Thomas
Mortagne<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 17:38, Ecaterina Valica<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins).
>> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>>
>> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>>
>> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.
>
> I propose "heron", rights colors, very simple name as "toucan"
> ("gnatcatcher" seems really too complex to me).
>
> http://www.beolens.co.uk/digiscoping/galleries/Grey_heron/Grey%20heron%2031.03.2004.jpg

I like heron :)
If we decide that the big skin cleaning we talk about for years will
be done on this skin I'd prefer dove though, a light skin shouldn't be
named after a big bird.

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/55979/1228133026/GuitarHeron.jpg

Thanks,
JV.

On Aug 13, 2009, at 6:14 PM, hel-o wrote:

> Whats about bustard i think that would fit in (dodo, albatross).
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bustard

Imagine spelling mistakes... :)

-Vincent

> hel.
>

> vmassol wrote:
>>

>> On Aug 13, 2009, at 5:38 PM, Ecaterina Valica wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
>>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins)
>>> .
>>> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
>>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>>>
>>> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>>>
>>> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.
>>
>> I'm voting for:
>> - Dove
>> - Colibri (since Cati liked this one and I don't mind)
>>
>> But basically I'm find with whatever is chosen provided it's a bird
>> name...

>>> Help us vote and find a suitable name,
>>> Caty

Re: [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

hel-o
Robin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erithacus

but heron is goog too.

vmassol wrote

semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

On Aug 13, 2009, at 6:03 PM, Thomas Mortagne wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 17:38, Ecaterina Valica<[hidden email]>
>>
>> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins)
>> .
>> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>>
>> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>>
>> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.
>
> I propose "heron", rights colors, very simple name as "toucan"
> ("gnatcatcher" seems really too complex to me).
>
> http://www.beolens.co.uk/digiscoping/galleries/Grey_heron/Grey%20heron%2031.03.2004.jpg

I like heron too.

-Vincent

>> Help us vote and find a suitable name,
>> Caty

Re: [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

Raluca Stavro

> On Aug 13, 2009, at 6:03 PM, Thomas Mortagne wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 17:38, Ecaterina Valica<[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
>>> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins)
>>> .
>>> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
>>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>>>
>>> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>>>
>>> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.
>>
>> I propose "heron", rights colors, very simple name as "toucan"
>> ("gnatcatcher" seems really too complex to me).
>>
>> http://www.beolens.co.uk/digiscoping/galleries/Grey_heron/Grey%20heron%2031.03.2004.jpg
>
> I like heron too.
>
> -Vincent

I also like "heron".
Another ideea would be "tit".

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_%28bird%29
See it in action:
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-video-9206119-blue-tit-perching-on-the-branch.php
(it is really cute :))

"The tits are highly adaptable and, after the corvids (crows and jays) and
parrots, amongst the most intelligent of all birds"

It is lightweight, brightly colored, intelligent, and the name is very
short and easy to remember.

Raluca.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 20:49, Raluca Stavro<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Aug 13, 2009, at 6:03 PM, Thomas Mortagne wrote:

>>> I propose "heron", rights colors, very simple name as "toucan"
>>> ("gnatcatcher" seems really too complex to me).
>>>
>>> http://www.beolens.co.uk/digiscoping/galleries/Grey_heron/Grey%20heron%2031.03.2004.jpg
>>
>> I like heron too.
>>
>> -Vincent
>
> I also like "heron".
> Another ideea would be "tit".

Well the most common meaning of "tit" in English is not a bird ;)

> Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_%28bird%29
> See it in action:
> http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-video-9206119-blue-tit-perching-on-the-branch.php
> (it is really cute :))
>
> "The tits are highly adaptable and, after the corvids (crows and jays) and
> parrots, amongst the most intelligent of all birds"
>
> It is lightweight, brightly colored, intelligent, and the name is very
> short and easy to remember.
>

> Raluca.

Re: [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
i'm +1 with heron :)

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 21:53, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 20:49, Raluca Stavro<[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins
> )

> http://www.beolens.co.uk/digiscoping/galleries/Grey_heron/Grey%20heron%2031.03.2004.jpg
> >>
> >> I like heron too.
> >>
> >> -Vincent
> >
> > I also like "heron".
> > Another ideea would be "tit".
>
> Well the most common meaning of "tit" in English is not a bird ;)
>

> > Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_%28bird%29
> > See it in action:
> >
> http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-video-9206119-blue-tit-perching-on-the-branch.php
> > (it is really cute :))
> >
> > "The tits are highly adaptable and, after the corvids (crows and jays)
> and
> > parrots, amongst the most intelligent of all birds"
> >
> > It is lightweight, brightly colored, intelligent, and the name is very
> > short and easy to remember.
> >

> > Raluca.

Re: [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

Raluca Stavro

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 20:49, Raluca Stavro<[hidden email]>
> wrote:

>>> I like heron too.
>>>
>>> -Vincent
>>
>> I also like "heron".
>> Another ideea would be "tit".
>
> Well the most common meaning of "tit" in English is not a bird ;)

Hehe :)) Poor bird :P

>> Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_%28bird%29
>> See it in action:
>> http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-video-9206119-blue-tit-perching-on-the-branch.php
>> (it is really cute :))
>>
>> "The tits are highly adaptable and, after the corvids (crows and jays)
>> and
>> parrots, amongst the most intelligent of all birds"
>>
>> It is lightweight, brightly colored, intelligent, and the name is very
>> short and easy to remember.
>>

>> Raluca.

Raluca.

Re: [xwiki-users] [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

Random proposal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turaco (also check
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blue_Turaco )

Marius

Ecaterina Valica wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins).
> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>
> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>
> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.
>
> Help us vote and find a suitable name,
> Caty

Re: [xwiki-users] [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

Eduard Moraru-2
+1 for Tanager.

Looks just like our new and shiny skin.

http://www.tem.nhl.nl/~ribot/english/thep_ng.htm

On 08/13/2009 06:38 PM, Ecaterina Valica wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (
> http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins).
> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>
> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>
> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.
>
> Help us vote and find a suitable name,
> Caty

Re: [xwiki-users] [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

jurevert

Hi,

"Cagou" could be a good name too.
It's a rare and beautifull New Caledonia bird :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagou

Julien

             Eduard Moraru
             <eduard.moraru@xw
             iki.com>                                                    A
             Envoyé par :              XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
             devs-bounces@xwik                                          cc
             i.org                     XWiki Mailinglist <[hidden email]>
                                                                     Objet
                                       Re: [xwiki-devs] [xwiki-users]
             14/08/2009 10:10          [Proposal] XWiki 2.0 Skin Name

             Veuillez répondre
             XWiki Developers
             <[hidden email]>

+1 for Tanager.

Looks just like our new and shiny skin.

http://www.tem.nhl.nl/~ribot/english/thep_ng.htm

On 08/13/2009 06:38 PM, Ecaterina Valica wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The new XWiki 2.0 Skin must have a name, more specific a bird name (

http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HUsingbirdnamesforSkins
).

> The current proposal of the skin can be found at
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Skin20P1
>
> The current skin names we have are: albatross, dodo, finch, toucan.
>
> There are already some proposals: dove, colibri, sparrow, etc.
>
> Help us vote and find a suitable name,
> Caty

graycol.gif (144 bytes) Download Attachment
pic14945.gif (1K) Download Attachment
ecblank.gif (62 bytes) Download Attachment

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:16, Julien Revert<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "Cagou" could be a good name too.
> It's a rare and beautifull New Caledonia bird :
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagou

Yes i totally forgot the cagou, good one.