[Proposal] XWiki Feedback Survey 2018

caubin
Hi devs !

Three years ago, we launched a feedback survey on xwiki.org [1] and on
this mailing list [2]. We had the opportunity to gather a lot of good
improvement ideas [3], and it seems that today, we managed to fix and
improve quite a lot of items mentioned in this survey (missing features,
usability issues, …).

In this context, it would be nice to organize another survey for this
year in order to assess how the user feedback on XWiki has evolved over
the past years. In order to do so, we could use this feedback form [4]
made by Andreea Chirica and Silvia Macovei, from XWiki SAS.

I propose that we advertise this survey on three different channels :

* Send an email to the users that have filled the xwiki.org download form
* Create a blog post on xwiki.org (here is a draft : [5]) and tweet about it
* Create a pinned thread on forum.xwiki.org about the survey

The idea is then, as for the 2015 survey, to let it run for about two
months and then provide detailed results on the xwiki.org website
through another blog post.

WDYT ?

Thanks,
Clément

[1] http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/SurveyXWikiProduct2015
[2] http://xwiki.markmail.org/thread/6y6b3sfws4hrncpi
[3]
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/ProductSatisfactionSurvey2015Results
[4]
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10q06uZfeWWtsSwdYJrdFXUn0UE0O_z0CRTlpltb3peE/viewform
[5] http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/FeedbackSurvey2018

Re: [Proposal] XWiki Feedback Survey 2018

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
ok, sounds good. Waiting for the results :)

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 7:46 PM, Clément Aubin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs !
>
> Three years ago, we launched a feedback survey on xwiki.org [1] and on
> this mailing list [2]. We had the opportunity to gather a lot of good
> improvement ideas [3], and it seems that today, we managed to fix and
> improve quite a lot of items mentioned in this survey (missing features,
> usability issues, …).
>
> In this context, it would be nice to organize another survey for this
> year in order to assess how the user feedback on XWiki has evolved over
> the past years. In order to do so, we could use this feedback form [4]
> made by Andreea Chirica and Silvia Macovei, from XWiki SAS.
>
> I propose that we advertise this survey on three different channels :
>
> * Send an email to the users that have filled the xwiki.org download form
> * Create a blog post on xwiki.org (here is a draft : [5]) and tweet about
> it
> * Create a pinned thread on forum.xwiki.org about the survey
>
> The idea is then, as for the 2015 survey, to let it run for about two
> months and then provide detailed results on the xwiki.org website
> through another blog post.
>
> WDYT ?
>
> Thanks,
> Clément
>
> [1] http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/SurveyXWikiProduct2015
> [2] http://xwiki.markmail.org/thread/6y6b3sfws4hrncpi
> [3]
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/ProductSatisfactionSurvey2015R
> esults
> [4]
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10q06uZfeWWtsSwdYJrdFXUn0UE0O_
> z0CRTlpltb3peE/viewform
> [5] http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/FeedbackSurvey2018

Re: [Proposal] XWiki Feedback Survey 2018

caubin
Thanks Caty!

I'll publish the blog post and the forum thread in a few moments.

Clément