[Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

We have several pages requiring PR and we’re not doing much about them.

This is a major pain, for example on myxwiki.org where, every time some admin update their wikis they break features. It’s not showing XWiki in good light neither.

I’ve found at least those pages requiring PR:

* XWiki.AllAttachmentsResults
* XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
* AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
* AnnotationCode.Style
* XWiki.DeletedDocuments
* AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
* AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
* XWiki.DeletedAttachments
* Main.Activity
* AnnotationCode.Script

(see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )

And FTR we keep adding more over time. For example in 2012, AWM introduced a PR: https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/commit/ae09194f83b9fe1f75778e0a2501a6cc37c4b060

I’d like to propose to do a PR-fixing day for the next non-BFD day, i.e. in 2 weeks.

Re: [Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> We have several pages requiring PR and we’re not doing much about them.
>
> This is a major pain, for example on myxwiki.org where, every time some
> admin update their wikis they break features. It’s not showing XWiki in
> good light neither.
>
> I’ve found at least those pages requiring PR:
>

> * XWiki.AllAttachmentsResults

Doesn't require PR anymore.

> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool

This is deprecated and not used. I was kept only for backwards
compatibility. See
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes-ui/src/main/resources/AppWithinMinutes/DynamicMessageTool.xml#L56
.

> * AnnotationCode.Style
> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
> * Main.Activity
> * AnnotationCode.Script
>
> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=
> 83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:
> comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
>
> And FTR we keep adding more over time. For example in 2012, AWM introduced
> a PR: https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/commit/
> ae09194f83b9fe1f75778e0a2501a6cc37c4b060
>
> I’d like to propose to do a PR-fixing day for the next non-BFD day, i.e.
> in 2 weeks.

Re: [Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

Hi Marius,

> On 19 Aug 2017, at 13:19, Marius Dumitru Florea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> We have several pages requiring PR and we’re not doing much about them.
>>
>> This is a major pain, for example on myxwiki.org where, every time some
>> admin update their wikis they break features. It’s not showing XWiki in
>> good light neither.
>>
>> I’ve found at least those pages requiring PR:
>>

>> * XWiki.AllAttachmentsResults
>>

> Doesn't require PR anymore.

Ok that’s cool. When was it done? Is it on LTS? I see it’s still there on playground which is on XWiki 8.4.4.

>> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
>> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
>>

> This is deprecated and not used. I was kept only for backwards
> compatibility. See
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes-ui/src/main/resources/AppWithinMinutes/DynamicMessageTool.xml#L56

This is not what I saw on the subwiki (started working after I resaved that page). It was still used there and the wiki is on XWiki 9.3.1.

5.0M2? https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-521

> >> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
> >> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
> >>

> > This is deprecated and not used. I was kept only for backwards
> > compatibility. See
> > https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/
> xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes/xwiki-platform-
> appwithinminutes-ui/src/main/resources/AppWithinMinutes/
> DynamicMessageTool.xml#L56
>

> This is not what I saw on the subwiki (started working after I resaved
> that page). It was still used there and the wiki is on XWiki 9.3.1.

I think you're confusing DynamicMessageTool with ClassEditSheet.

> > .
> >

> >> * AnnotationCode.Style
> >> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
> >> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
> >> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
> >> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
> >> * Main.Activity
> >> * AnnotationCode.Script
> >>
> >> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=
> >> 83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:
> >> comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
> >>
> >> And FTR we keep adding more over time. For example in 2012, AWM
> introduced
> >> a PR: https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/commit/
> >> ae09194f83b9fe1f75778e0a2501a6cc37c4b060
> >>
> >> I’d like to propose to do a PR-fixing day for the next non-BFD day, i.e.
> >> in 2 weeks.
> >>
> >> WDYT?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent

Re: [Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

> On 19 Aug 2017, at 14:06, Marius Dumitru Florea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marius,
>>
>>> On 19 Aug 2017, at 13:19, Marius Dumitru Florea <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Doesn't require PR anymore.
>>

>> Ok that’s cool. When was it done? Is it on LTS? I see it’s still there on
>> playground which is on XWiki 8.4.4.
>>

> 5.0M2? https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-521

Then we need to remove the PR class:
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/c77449bbfd02f1bc28d47111a202324af5355265/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-index/xwiki-platform-index-ui/src/main/resources/XWiki/AllAttachmentsResults.xml#L179

>>> This is deprecated and not used. I was kept only for backwards
>>> compatibility. See
>>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/
>> xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes/xwiki-platform-
>> appwithinminutes-ui/src/main/resources/AppWithinMinutes/
>> DynamicMessageTool.xml#L56
>>

>> This is not what I saw on the subwiki (started working after I resaved
>> that page). It was still used there and the wiki is on XWiki 9.3.1.
>>

> I think you're confusing DynamicMessageTool with ClassEditSheet.

Nope I’m not confused since this is the only doc I resaved to make AWM work:
http://lescastcodeurs.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/AllDocs#|t=alldocs&p=1&l=15&s=doc.date&d=desc

So it seems it’s still used.

>>> .

>> introduced

Re: [Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

> On 19 Aug 2017, at 14:49, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 19 Aug 2017, at 14:06, Marius Dumitru Florea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Marius,

>>> Ok that’s cool. When was it done? Is it on LTS? I see it’s still there on
>>> playground which is on XWiki 8.4.4.
>>>

>> 5.0M2? https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-521
>
> Then we need to remove the PR class:
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/c77449bbfd02f1bc28d47111a202324af5355265/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-index/xwiki-platform-index-ui/src/main/resources/XWiki/AllAttachmentsResults.xml#L179

>>> xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes/xwiki-platform-
>>> appwithinminutes-ui/src/main/resources/AppWithinMinutes/
>>> DynamicMessageTool.xml#L56
>>>

>>> This is not what I saw on the subwiki (started working after I resaved
>>> that page). It was still used there and the wiki is on XWiki 9.3.1.
>>>

>> I think you're confusing DynamicMessageTool with ClassEditSheet.
>
> Nope I’m not confused since this is the only doc I resaved to make AWM work:
> http://lescastcodeurs.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/AllDocs#|t=alldocs&p=1&l=15&s=doc.date&d=desc

So I was indeed confused in the end ;)

I had modified only 1 doc but apparently it was still not working (was sure I had tested it though, strange) and indeed now that I resaved ClassEditSheet too, the error went away.

> So it seems it’s still used.

>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

>>> introduced

Re: [Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

> On 19 Aug 2017, at 15:16, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 19 Aug 2017, at 14:49, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> 5.0M2? https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-521
>>
>> Then we need to remove the PR class:
>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/c77449bbfd02f1bc28d47111a202324af5355265/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-index/xwiki-platform-index-ui/src/main/resources/XWiki/AllAttachmentsResults.xml#L179

>>> I think you're confusing DynamicMessageTool with ClassEditSheet.
>>
>> Nope I’m not confused since this is the only doc I resaved to make AWM work:
>> http://lescastcodeurs.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/AllDocs#|t=alldocs&p=1&l=15&s=doc.date&d=desc
>
> So I was indeed confused in the end ;)
>
> I had modified only 1 doc but apparently it was still not working (was sure I had tested it though, strange) and indeed now that I resaved ClassEditSheet too, the error went away.

BTW I tried creating an AWM app and on the last wizard screen after hitting the submit button I get a big stack trace on the screen (just a stack trace, nothing else):
https://gist.github.com/vmassol/7266fae29b4f103a78395688186ef944

Any idea?

The URL was http://lescastcodeurs.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/edit/Episodes/WebHome?wizard=true&template=AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableTemplate&AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableClass_0_class=Episodes.Code.EpisodesClass&title=Episodes&parent=Main.WebHome

> Any idea?

>>> So it seems it’s still used.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

Re: [Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

> On 19 Aug 2017, at 15:24, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> So I was indeed confused in the end ;)
>>>
>>> I had modified only 1 doc but apparently it was still not working (was sure I had tested it though, strange) and indeed now that I resaved ClassEditSheet too, the error went away.
>>
>> BTW I tried creating an AWM app and on the last wizard screen after hitting the submit button I get a big stack trace on the screen (just a stack trace, nothing else):
>> https://gist.github.com/vmassol/7266fae29b4f103a78395688186ef944
>
> The URL was http://lescastcodeurs.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/edit/Episodes/WebHome?wizard=true&template=AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableTemplate&AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableClass_0_class=Episodes.Code.EpisodesClass&title=Episodes&parent=Main.WebHome

ok found the problem, there was another page that needed PR in AWM: AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet

>> Any idea?

>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

Re: [Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
I though we were making a day for Pull Requests :) too bad :)

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [hidden email]>

> them.

> time some
> XWiki in

> there on

> c77449bbfd02f1bc28d47111a202324af5355265/xwiki-platform-
> core/xwiki-platform-index/xwiki-platform-index-ui/src/
> main/resources/XWiki/AllAttachmentsResults.xml#L179

> resaved

> AWM work:
> AllDocs#|t=alldocs&p=1&l=15&s=doc.date&d=desc

> sure I had tested it though, strange) and indeed now that I resaved
> ClassEditSheet too, the error went away.
> >>
> >> BTW I tried creating an AWM app and on the last wizard screen after
> hitting the submit button I get a big stack trace on the screen (just a
> stack trace, nothing else):
> >> https://gist.github.com/vmassol/7266fae29b4f103a78395688186ef944
> >
> > The URL was http://lescastcodeurs.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/edit/Episodes/
> WebHome?wizard=true&template=AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableTemplate&
> AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableClass_0_class=Episodes.Code.EpisodesClass&
> title=Episodes&parent=Main.WebHome
>
> ok found the problem, there was another page that needed PR in AWM:
> AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet

> >> Any idea?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent

> day, i.e.

Re: [Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

ok so WDYT about doing a ProgrammingRight-fixing-day this Thursday, i.e. the 31st of August?

> On 19 Aug 2017, at 12:47, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> We have several pages requiring PR and we’re not doing much about them.
>
> This is a major pain, for example on myxwiki.org where, every time some admin update their wikis they break features. It’s not showing XWiki in good light neither.
>
> I’ve found at least those pages requiring PR:
>
> * XWiki.AllAttachmentsResults
> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
> * AnnotationCode.Style
> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
> * Main.Activity
> * AnnotationCode.Script
>
> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
>
> And FTR we keep adding more over time. For example in 2012, AWM introduced a PR: https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/commit/ae09194f83b9fe1f75778e0a2501a6cc37c4b060
>
> I’d like to propose to do a PR-fixing day for the next non-BFD day, i.e. in 2 weeks.

Re: [Proposal] XWikiDay: PR-fixing day

Sure.