Question about activating css source maps and cache cleaning

Question about activating css source maps and cache cleaning

Interaktionsweise
Hi,

I've been wondering if there is something else do to to get the source maps for css enabled.
I followed the instructions on the Extension page of the "LESS Module".
I edited and un-commented the property "lesscss.generateInlineSourceMaps = true" within "xwiki.properties".
Afterwards I restarted the server service.
I also switched color themes to clean the cache.
But I cannot see a change in the developer views of Chromium or Firefox. Every style still refers to style.css.

At this point I also want to ask about the usage of the manual cleaning method for the cache.
The documentation says that I can use the LESS CSS script service and provides a snippet

{{velocity}}
 $service.lesscss.clearCache()
{{velocity}}

But where should I put this?
The section "Script Service" on the LESS Module page only has a link to the source code on GitHub. I'm still digging into the XWiki world so maybe it is just a matter of time if can figure it out. The whole velocity less scripting thing is a huge topic though.

Regards,
sthag

Re: Question about activating css source maps and cache cleaning

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
To be honest I don't know about the properties you are asking about so I'm
not sure if this will solve your problem, but when I want the LESS parser
to activate I usually go in a Flamingo Theme and I re-save it (not sure if
I need to be in the "Advanced" section or if the theme needs to be active).

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Interaktionsweise <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been wondering if there is something else do to to get the source
> maps for css enabled.
> I followed the instructions on the Extension page of the "LESS Module".
> I edited and un-commented the property "lesscss.generateInlineSourceMaps
> = true" within "xwiki.properties".
> Afterwards I restarted the server service.
> I also switched color themes to clean the cache.
> But I cannot see a change in the developer views of Chromium or Firefox.
> Every style still refers to style.css.
>
> At this point I also want to ask about the usage of the manual cleaning
> method for the cache.
> The documentation says that I can use the LESS CSS script service and
> provides a snippet
>
> {{velocity}}
>  $service.lesscss.clearCache()
> {{velocity}}

In theory this can be put inside any page, save and view. Make sure you
properly close the {{/velocity}} macro (although might work as well).