Questions about myxwiki

12

Questions about myxwiki

Kévin Laîné
Hi everybody, my name is Kévin Laîné, i'm a french guy.
I'm working on a collective project about "alternative models of family".

Xwiki seems to be the best community tool management I've discovered.

I'm really interested for opening an xwiki on the "XWiki Community farm". I have some questions before asking you to open a session.

1) Is it possible to use a domain name like "domain.tld" instead of "domain.myxwiki.org" ?

2) Is it possible to install some extensions as bulletin board or others ?
3) Is it possible to embed "Nabble Free Forums" or other Nabble apps ?

4) Is it possible to make private backup of the xwiki ?

Vincent Massol is working on "Alternate URL Scheme"  http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/AlternateURLScheme
5) When it will be ready could I use this option on myxwiki even if I my xwiki is in production ?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Re: Questions about myxwiki

Kévin Laîné
last questions on myxwiki

6) can I modify the appearance of the xwiki with css or other tool ?

________________________________

Re: Questions about myxwiki

xrichard
Le 18/05/2013 17:35, Kévin Laîné a écrit :
> 2) Is it possible to install some extensions as bulletin board or others ?
Hi,

The answer for this point is YES. I already have installed extensions on
myxwiki.org with success.

best regards,

Re: Questions about myxwiki

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everybody, my name is Kévin Laîné, i'm a french guy.
> I'm working on a collective project about "alternative models of family".
>
> Xwiki seems to be the best community tool management I've discovered.
>
> I'm really interested for opening an xwiki on the "XWiki Community farm". I have some questions before asking you to open a session.
>
> 1) Is it possible to use a domain name like "domain.tld" instead of "domain.myxwiki.org" ?

Yes, it would actually be both. XWiki allow having several aliases for
the same wiki. You would still have to choose to wiki identifier for
the myxwiki.org domain and we can also put yours.

> 2) Is it possible to install some extensions as bulletin board or others ?

You can install any XAR extensions but JAR extensions require
programming rights. That said you can always ask here when you require
some JAR extension and we might be ok with that ;)

> 3) Is it possible to embed "Nabble Free Forums" or other Nabble apps ?

You can put any html an a wiki page using the html macro. See
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/HTML+Macro.

> 4) Is it possible to make private backup of the xwiki ?

You can export all the pages of the wiki yes.

> Vincent Massol is working on "Alternate URL Scheme"  http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/AlternateURLScheme
> 5) When it will be ready could I use this option on myxwiki even if I my xwiki is in production ?
>
> Thank you very much for your answers.

[myxwiki] new wiki request

Kévin Laîné
Hi !

Thanks to people who answer my questions about myxwiki.

I'm really decided for opening and managed an Xwiki on myxwiki farm.
The aim of the wiki is to work collaboratively on the concept of "Associations of chosen family", in French "Famille Choisie Associative".
We want to use the juridic structure of french association (law 1901) to create new kind of families with matriarchy inspiration and direct democracy. It can be compare of Iroquoi's family or moso's family in China, large families, solidarity, freedom.

The principal person who will be interested are single mothers and single people wich have difficulties to live alone.

Here is my username on myxwiki.org : "KevinLaine"
the server name I wan't : "FamilleAssociative"
I've bought a domaine on OVH : familleassociative.fr  ,   I prefer to use this one only instead of "familleassociative.myxwiki.org"

Thank you !

________________________________
 De : Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
À : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>; XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Dimanche 19 mai 2013 16h14
Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] Questions about myxwiki

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everybody, my name is Kévin Laîné, i'm a french guy.
> I'm working on a collective project about "alternative models of family".
>
> Xwiki seems to be the best community tool management I've discovered.
>
> I'm really interested for opening an xwiki on the "XWiki Community farm". I have some questions before asking you to open a session.
>
> 1) Is it possible to use a domain name like "domain.tld" instead of "domain.myxwiki.org" ?

Yes, it would actually be both. XWiki allow having several aliases for
the same wiki. You would still have to choose to wiki identifier for
the myxwiki.org domain and we can also put yours.

> 2) Is it possible to install some extensions as bulletin board or others ?

You can install any XAR extensions but JAR extensions require
programming rights. That said you can always ask here when you require
some JAR extension and we might be ok with that ;)

> 3) Is it possible to embed "Nabble Free Forums" or other Nabble apps ?

You can put any html an a wiki page using the html macro. See
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/HTML+Macro.

> 4) Is it possible to make private backup of the xwiki ?

You can export all the pages of the wiki yes.

> Vincent Massol is working on "Alternate URL Scheme"  http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/AlternateURLScheme
> 5) When it will be ready could I use this option on myxwiki even if I my xwiki is in production ?
>
> Thank you very much for your answers.

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

Kévin Laîné
can you remove the account "kevinlai80" on myxwiki, I replaced it by "KevinLaine" ?

thanks

________________________________

De : Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
À : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>; XWiki Users <[hidden email]>

On May 20, 2013, at 12:10 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:

> can you remove the account "kevinlai80" on myxwiki, I replaced it by "KevinLaine" ?

Removed!

> [...]
> the myxwiki.org domain and we can also put yours.
>

>> 2) Is it possible to install some extensions as bulletin board or others ?
>
> You can install any XAR extensions but JAR extensions require
> programming rights. That said you can always ask here when you require
> some JAR extension and we might be ok with that ;)
>
>> 3) Is it possible to embed "Nabble Free Forums" or other Nabble apps ?
>
> You can put any html an a wiki page using the html macro. See
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/HTML+Macro.
>

>> 4) Is it possible to make private backup of the xwiki ?
>
> You can export all the pages of the wiki yes.
>

>> Vincent Massol is working on "Alternate URL Scheme"  http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/AlternateURLScheme
>> 5) When it will be ready could I use this option on myxwiki even if I my xwiki is in production ?

Hi Kevin,

Done:
http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org/

Which can also be accessed as http://familleassociative.fr once you've updated your DNS records to add a CNAME to myxwiki.org

Enjoy!
-Vincent Massol

On May 20, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Thanks to people who answer my questions about myxwiki.
>
> I'm really decided for opening and managed an Xwiki on myxwiki farm.
> The aim of the wiki is to work collaboratively on the concept of "Associations of chosen family", in French "Famille Choisie Associative".
> We want to use the juridic structure of french association (law 1901) to create new kind of families with matriarchy inspiration and direct democracy. It can be compare of Iroquoi's family or moso's family in China, large families, solidarity, freedom.
>
> The principal person who will be interested are single mothers and single people wich have difficulties to live alone.
>
> Here is my username on myxwiki.org : "KevinLaine"
> the server name I wan't : "FamilleAssociative"
> I've bought a domaine on OVH : familleassociative.fr  ,   I prefer to use this one only instead of "familleassociative.myxwiki.org"
>
> Thank you !
>

> ________________________________
> De : Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> À : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>; XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
> Envoyé le : Dimanche 19 mai 2013 16h14
> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] Questions about myxwiki
>

> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi everybody, my name is Kévin Laîné, i'm a french guy.
>> I'm working on a collective project about "alternative models of family".
>>
>> Xwiki seems to be the best community tool management I've discovered.
>>
>> I'm really interested for opening an xwiki on the "XWiki Community farm". I have some questions before asking you to open a session.
>>
>> 1) Is it possible to use a domain name like "domain.tld" instead of "domain.myxwiki.org" ?
>
> Yes, it would actually be both. XWiki allow having several aliases for
> the same wiki. You would still have to choose to wiki identifier for
> the myxwiki.org domain and we can also put yours.
>

>> 2) Is it possible to install some extensions as bulletin board or others ?
>
> You can install any XAR extensions but JAR extensions require
> programming rights. That said you can always ask here when you require
> some JAR extension and we might be ok with that ;)
>
>> 3) Is it possible to embed "Nabble Free Forums" or other Nabble apps ?
>
> You can put any html an a wiki page using the html macro. See
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/HTML+Macro.
>

>> 4) Is it possible to make private backup of the xwiki ?
>
> You can export all the pages of the wiki yes.
>

>> Vincent Massol is working on "Alternate URL Scheme"  http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/AlternateURLScheme
>> 5) When it will be ready could I use this option on myxwiki even if I my xwiki is in production ?
>>
>> Thank you very much for your answers.

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

Kévin Laîné
Thank you very much !!

I just discover that CNAME config is only possible on a subdomaine as "www" for exemple.
So the domain name will be "www.familleassociative.fr". Do you need to modify something ?

For the DNS config, is this correct ?
www  IN CNAME familleassociative.myxwiki.org.

Thanks

Kévin

________________________________
 De : Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
À : XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
Cc : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Mardi 21 mai 2013 18h36
Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] [myxwiki] new wiki request

On May 21, 2013, at 10:52 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you very much !!
>
> I just discover that CNAME config is only possible on a subdomaine as "www" for exemple.
> So the domain name will be "www.familleassociative.fr". Do you need to modify something ?

I've now added this alias.

> For the DNS config, is this correct ?
> www  IN CNAME familleassociative.myxwiki.org.

Yep looks good.

All should work now, can you try again?

> [...]
>> the myxwiki.org domain and we can also put yours.
>>

>>> 2) Is it possible to install some extensions as bulletin board or others ?
>>
>> You can install any XAR extensions but JAR extensions require
>> programming rights. That said you can always ask here when you require
>> some JAR extension and we might be ok with that ;)
>>
>>> 3) Is it possible to embed "Nabble Free Forums" or other Nabble apps ?
>>
>> You can put any html an a wiki page using the html macro. See
>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/HTML+Macro.
>>

>>> 4) Is it possible to make private backup of the xwiki ?
>>
>> You can export all the pages of the wiki yes.
>>

>>> Vincent Massol is working on "Alternate URL Scheme"  http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/AlternateURLScheme
>>> 5) When it will be ready could I use this option on myxwiki even if I my xwiki is in production ?

Thanks Vincent !

It works fine now : http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome

but all the content is also available at http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org

I learned that it was not a good thing to have two valid Url for a website.
Is it possible to force with Url rewriting or other to lead to new domain name ?

Thanks

Kévin

________________________________
 De : Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
À : XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
Cc : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Mercredi 22 mai 2013 12h08

On May 23, 2013, at 6:33 AM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Vincent !
>
> It works fine now : http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
>
> but all the content is also available at http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org

Yes that's normal and required AFAIK.

It's a bit complex. You just need to advertise only http://www.familleassociative.fr no?

Also remember that this site is not meant to be production-quality level in the sense that it has no uptime warranty, nor dedicated support (see the disclaimers at http://myxwiki.org/).

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 23, 2013, at 6:33 AM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Vincent !
>>
>> It works fine now : http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
>>
>> but all the content is also available at http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org

We can't really disable that at XWiki level (not wiih the setup we
have for myxwiki.org) because there is a fallback on
"<wikiid>.myxwiki.org" when the domain does not match any wiki
descriptor and adding custom rules for you in our Apache configuration
would make it a pain to maintain.

> Yes that's normal and required AFAIK.
>>
>> I learned that it was not a good thing to have two valid Url for a website.
>> Is it possible to force with Url rewriting or other to lead to new domain name ?
>
> It's a bit complex. You just need to advertise only http://www.familleassociative.fr no?

You can put a redirection or use refresh HTML meta tag in the
generated header in
http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=Elements
(i.e. test the request URL domain and redirect if it's not the one you
like).

But same as Vincent I don't really see why that would be a big issue
as long as you don't talk about familleassociative.myxwiki.org
anywhere (and at least if there is any issue with your DNS you will
have that backup access).

> Also remember that this site is not meant to be production-quality level in the sense that it has no uptime warranty, nor dedicated support (see the disclaimers at http://myxwiki.org/).

>> Kévin
>>

>> ________________________________
>> De : Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
>> À : XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
>> Cc : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>
>> Envoyé le : Mercredi 22 mai 2013 12h08
>> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] [myxwiki] new wiki request
>>

>> Hi Kevin,
>>
>> On May 21, 2013, at 10:52 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you very much !!
>>>
>>> I just discover that CNAME config is only possible on a subdomaine as "www" for exemple.
>>> So the domain name will be "www.familleassociative.fr". Do you need to modify something ?
>>
>> I've now added this alias.
>>

>>> For the DNS config, is this correct ?
>>> www  IN CNAME familleassociative.myxwiki.org.
>>
>> Yep looks good.
>>
>> All should work now, can you try again?

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Kévin
>>>

>>> ________________________________
>>> De : Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
>>> À : XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
>>> Cc : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>
>>> Envoyé le : Mardi 21 mai 2013 18h36
>>> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] [myxwiki] new wiki request
>>>

>>> Hi Kevin,
>>>
>>> Done:
>>> http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org/
>>>
>>> Which can also be accessed as http://familleassociative.fr once you've updated your DNS records to add a CNAME to myxwiki.org
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>> -Vincent Massol

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

Kévin Laîné
Yes, you're right, it's not really a problem to have two access to this website.

Thanks again for offering this free Xwiki session to my community project. ;-)

Best Regards to all Xwiki.com and Xwiki.org Teams

Kévin
Webmaster of www.FamilleAssociative.fr

________________________________
 De : Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
À : XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Jeudi 23 mai 2013 10h51

http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin§ion=Elements
(i.e. test the request URL domain and redirect if it's not the one you
like).

But same as Vincent I don't really see why that would be a big issue
as long as you don't talk about familleassociative.myxwiki.org
anywhere (and at least if there is any issue with your DNS you will
have that backup access).

> Also remember that this site is not meant to be production-quality level in the sense that it has no uptime warranty, nor dedicated support (see the disclaimers at http://myxwiki.org/).

>> Kévin
>>

>> ________________________________
>> De : Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
>> À : XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
>> Cc : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>
>> Envoyé le : Mercredi 22 mai 2013 12h08
>> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] [myxwiki] new wiki request
>>

>> Hi Kevin,
>>
>> On May 21, 2013, at 10:52 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you very much !!
>>>
>>> I just discover that CNAME config is only possible on a subdomaine as "www" for exemple.
>>> So the domain name will be "www.familleassociative.fr". Do you need to modify something ?
>>
>> I've now added this alias.
>>

>>> For the DNS config, is this correct ?
>>> www  IN CNAME familleassociative.myxwiki.org.
>>
>> Yep looks good.
>>
>> All should work now, can you try again?

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Kévin
>>>

>>> ________________________________
>>> De : Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
>>> À : XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
>>> Cc : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>
>>> Envoyé le : Mardi 21 mai 2013 18h36
>>> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] [myxwiki] new wiki request
>>>

>>> Hi Kevin,
>>>
>>> Done:
>>> http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org/
>>>
>>> Which can also be accessed as http://familleassociative.fr once you've updated your DNS records to add a CNAME to myxwiki.org
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>> -Vincent Massol

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

Valdis Vītoliņš
Kévin,
you can probably include following velocity script in your pages.
#if($request.getRequestURL().substring(7,32)!
="www.familleassociative.fr")
## (please count characters yourself!)
$response.sendRedirect("http://www.familleassociative.fr/${request.getRequestURL().substring(32)}")
#end

And maybe even you can put this code in Xwiki settings:
../xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=Presentation
at the end of "HTTP Meta Information" field.

Valdis

> Thanks Vincent !
>
> It works fine now : http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
>
> but all the content is also available at http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org
>
> I learned that it was not a good thing to have two valid Url for a website.
> Is it possible to force with Url rewriting or other to lead to new domain name ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kévin

[myxwiki] Navigation Menu

Kévin Laîné
Hi !

I'm trying to put a navigation menu to my Xwiki on myxwiki. www.familleassociative.fr
I tried this extension but it doesn't work well : http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro

I discover that putting a piece of code in "Header" by editing the Default skin work well  (domain.tld/xwiki/bin/edit/XWiki/DefaultSkin )
" #template('global.vm')
$xwiki.includeForm('###.###',false) "

So I wanted to edit a page and include navigation menu with CSS as this one http://www.htmldrive.net/items/show/1220/Pure-useful-CSS3-Dropdown-Menu
But the CSS and images or not recognize, even if I put the css code in html between <style> and </style>

How can I do ?

Thanks

________________________________
 De : Valdis Vītoliņš <[hidden email]>
À : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>; XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Jeudi 23 mai 2013 14h50

Kévin,
you can probably include following velocity script in your pages.
#if($request.getRequestURL().substring(7,32)!
="www.familleassociative.fr")
## (please count characters yourself!)
$response.sendRedirect("http://www.familleassociative.fr/${request.getRequestURL().substring(32)}")
#end

And maybe even you can put this code in Xwiki settings:
../xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=Presentation
at the end of "HTTP Meta Information" field.

Valdis

> Thanks Vincent !
>
> It works fine now : http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
>
> but all the content is also available at http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org
>
> I learned that it was not a good thing to have two valid Url for a website.
> Is it possible to force with Url rewriting or other to lead to new domain name ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kévin

Re: [myxwiki] Navigation Menu

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm trying to put a navigation menu to my Xwiki on myxwiki. www.familleassociative.fr
> I tried this extension but it doesn't work well : http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro
>
> I discover that putting a piece of code in "Header" by editing the Default skin work well  (domain.tld/xwiki/bin/edit/XWiki/DefaultSkin )
> " #template('global.vm')
> $xwiki.includeForm('###.###',false) "
>
> So I wanted to edit a page and include navigation menu with CSS as this one http://www.htmldrive.net/items/show/1220/Pure-useful-CSS3-Dropdown-Menu
> But the CSS and images or not recognize, even if I put the css code in html between <style> and </style>
>

> How can I do ?

You should use a style sheet extension. See
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial#HMinimalStyleSheeteXtension
.

Hope this helps,

> ________________________________
>  De : Valdis Vītoliņš <[hidden email]>
> À : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>; XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
> Envoyé le : Jeudi 23 mai 2013 14h50
> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] [myxwiki] new wiki request
>

> Kévin,
> you can probably include following velocity script in your pages.
> #if($request.getRequestURL().substring(7,32)!
> ="www.familleassociative.fr")
> ## (please count characters yourself!)
> $response.sendRedirect("http://www.familleassociative.fr/${request.getRequestURL().substring(32)}")
> #end
>
> And maybe even you can put this code in Xwiki settings:
> ../xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=Presentation
> at the end of "HTTP Meta Information" field.
>
> Valdis
>
>> Thanks Vincent !
>>
>> It works fine now : http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
>>
>> but all the content is also available at http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org
>>
>> I learned that it was not a good thing to have two valid Url for a website.
>> Is it possible to force with Url rewriting or other to lead to new domain name ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kévin

Re: [myxwiki] Navigation Menu

Kévin Laîné
thanks but I'm on Xwiki farm and can't edit in "object mode" and don't have programming rights. Am I right ?

This extension don't work anymore with Xwiki 5.0.1 on myxwiki : http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro
I installed it a time and can see a navigation menu but not correctly working, then I reinstall it and now it doesn't work at all.

I tried all I could test, but can't find any solution.

________________________________
 De : Marius Dumitru Florea <[hidden email]>
À : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>; XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Vendredi 24 mai 2013 22h09
Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] [myxwiki] Navigation Menu

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm trying to put a navigation menu to my Xwiki on myxwiki. www.familleassociative.fr
> I tried this extension but it doesn't work well : http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro
>
> I discover that putting a piece of code in "Header" by editing the Default skin work well  (domain.tld/xwiki/bin/edit/XWiki/DefaultSkin )
> " #template('global.vm')
> $xwiki.includeForm('###.###',false) "
>
> So I wanted to edit a page and include navigation menu with CSS as this one http://www.htmldrive.net/items/show/1220/Pure-useful-CSS3-Dropdown-Menu
> But the CSS and images or not recognize, even if I put the css code in html between <style> and </style>
>

> How can I do ?

You should use a style sheet extension. See
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial#HMinimalStyleSheeteXtension
.

Hope this helps,

> ________________________________
>  De : Valdis Vītoliņš <[hidden email]>
> À : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>; XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
> Envoyé le : Jeudi 23 mai 2013 14h50
> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] [myxwiki] new wiki request
>

> Kévin,
> you can probably include following velocity script in your pages.
> #if($request.getRequestURL().substring(7,32)!
> ="www.familleassociative.fr")
> ## (please count characters yourself!)
> $response.sendRedirect("http://www.familleassociative.fr/${request.getRequestURL().substring(32)}")
> #end
>
> And maybe even you can put this code in Xwiki settings:
> ../xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=Presentation
> at the end of "HTTP Meta Information" field.
>
> Valdis
>
>> Thanks Vincent !
>>
>> It works fine now : http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
>>
>> but all the content is also available at http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org
>>
>> I learned that it was not a good thing to have two valid Url for a website.
>> Is it possible to force with Url rewriting or other to lead to new domain name ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kévin

Re: [myxwiki] Navigation Menu

Kévin Laîné
I Just discover how to switch to advanced mode : http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/PageEditing

maybe it will help me

________________________________

 De : Marius Dumitru Florea <[hidden email]>
À : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>; XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Vendredi 24 mai 2013 22h09

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm trying to put a navigation menu to my Xwiki on myxwiki. www.familleassociative.fr
> I tried this extension but it doesn't work well : http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro
>
> I discover that putting a piece of code in "Header" by editing the Default skin work well  (domain.tld/xwiki/bin/edit/XWiki/DefaultSkin )
> " #template('global.vm')
> $xwiki.includeForm('###.###',false) "
>
> So I wanted to edit a page and include navigation menu with CSS as this one http://www.htmldrive.net/items/show/1220/Pure-useful-CSS3-Dropdown-Menu
> But the CSS and images or not recognize, even if I put the css code in html between <style> and </style>
>

> How can I do ?

You should use a style sheet extension. See
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial#HMinimalStyleSheeteXtension
.

Hope this helps,

> ________________________________
>  De : Valdis Vītoliņš <[hidden email]>
> À : Kévin Laîné <[hidden email]>; XWiki Users <[hidden email]>
> Envoyé le : Jeudi 23 mai 2013 14h50
> Objet : Re: [xwiki-users] [myxwiki] new wiki request
>

> Kévin,
> you can probably include following velocity script in your pages.
> #if($request.getRequestURL().substring(7,32)!
> ="www.familleassociative.fr")

 ## (please count characters yourself!)

> $response.sendRedirect("http://www.familleassociative.fr/${request.getRequestURL().substring(32)}")
> #end
>
> And maybe even you can put this code in Xwiki settings:
> ../xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=Presentation
> at the end of "HTTP Meta Information" field.
>
> Valdis
>
>> Thanks Vincent !
>>
>> It works fine now : http://www.familleassociative.fr/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
>>
>> but all the content is also available at http://familleassociative.myxwiki.org
>>
>> I learned that it was not a good thing to have two valid Url for a
 website.

>> Is it possible to force with Url rewriting or other to lead to new domain name ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kévin

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

Kévin Laîné
Hi Xwiki Team

I have my Xwiki farm instance on www.familleassociative.fr

Please, can you reinstall from scratch my Xwiki ?

I was indeed waiting for Xwiki 5.1 with the menu extension. Before that, I tried too many things for making my own menu without success, and I suppressed somes macros and other things. I would want to restart without "bugs" and use only officials extensions.

Are you ok ?

Here is my username on myxwiki.org : "KevinLaine"

the server name I wan't : "FamilleAssociative"
My domain : familleassociative.fr

thanks !

Kévin Laîné

De : Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>