Questions on managing user workspaces.

deaddecoy
Hi, I recently installed xwiki workspaces on my ubuntu box and I'm having a
few issues.

I created two users: user_1 and user_2 whom I would like to be able to view
each other's workspaces.
For each user, I create a workspace and then click 'Manage Users' to allow
others to read/author in my space.

On clicking 'Manage Users' I get the following error in console:
[ERROR] Left side ($request.action) of '==' operation has null value. If a
reference, it may not be in the context. Operation not possible.
Space_user_1.WebPreferences [line 27, column 22]
[ERROR] Left side ($request.action) of '==' operation has null value. If a
reference, it may not be in the context. Operation not possible.
Space_user_1.WebPreferences [line 30, column 23]

I then add user_2 to user_1's read list. The results are that user_2 can
see updates and even read user_1's pages, but under 'My Dashboard'->'all my
spaces' user_2 is not listed as a member of user_1's page. I'd like to know
if I'm missing something or if users are allowed to share workspaces like
this and how.

Also, a bit of a side question, but where can I find out more about using
xwiki to setup structured data?

Thanks
-Nathan

Re: Questions on managing user workspaces.

rrodrigueznt
Hi Nathan,

[hidden email] wrote:
> Hi, I recently installed xwiki workspaces on my ubuntu box and I'm having a
> few issues.

Sorry, I've never used Workspaces, so I am afraid I can not help here.
> Also, a bit of a side question, but where can I find out more about using
> xwiki to setup structured data?

Please, what kind of structured data are you thinking about here?
Relational databases? XML Schema or DTD based documents? Any other type?

Thanks!

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: Questions on managing user workspaces.

deaddecoy
The relational database kinda. Basically it would be nice to have a
(html)form/model and view setup for getting data from users, storing it in
some structured manner. Once it's submitted it could then be viewed or
edited using the structured form instead of editing wiki markup. I want this
kind of setup because I like the benefits of structured data: querying,
validation, and manipulation, and I have users who are not technically
inclined. I could implement this in a barebones mvc system like codeigniter
or kohana, but would like to use (and not recode) modules that are pretty
much standard in wikis: user management, content publishing, etc.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 1:11 AM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT
Team <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hi, I recently installed xwiki workspaces on my ubuntu box and I'm having
> > few issues.
> >

> Sorry, I've never used Workspaces, so I am afraid I can not help here.
> > Also, a bit of a side question, but where can I find out more about using
> > xwiki to setup structured data?
> >
> Please, what kind of structured data are you thinking about here?
> Relational databases? XML Schema or DTD based documents? Any other type?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ricardo
>
> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: Questions on managing user workspaces.

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Nathan Bahr wrote:
> The relational database kinda. Basically it would be nice to have a
> (html)form/model and view setup for getting data from users, storing it in
> some structured manner. Once it's submitted it could then be viewed or
> edited using the structured form instead of editing wiki markup. I want this
> kind of setup because I like the benefits of structured data: querying,
> validation, and manipulation, and I have users who are not technically
> inclined. I could implement this in a barebones mvc system like codeigniter
> or kohana, but would like to use (and not recode) modules that are pretty
> much standard in wikis: user management, content publishing, etc.

Did you study the XWiki data model?

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/DataModel
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/FAQTutorial

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: Questions on managing user workspaces.

deaddecoy
Thanks, this should be sufficient for figuring out structured data. I just
wasn't sure where the information was.