RE: IRC for the xwiki community

I didn't get much answers from this post and thus I'm resending it. It would
be nice if more xwiki developers were logged on irc so kickstart this. I'm
personally logged every day. The idea is not to bypass the mailing list
(which should be used to record any decision) but to have another medium
when we need to quickly exchange information when we develop.

Re: RE: IRC for the xwiki community

Ludovic Dubost

I'll try to be more connected. However trillian doesn't always seem to
reconnect automatically.

Ludovic

Vincent Massol a écrit :

> I didn't get much answers from this post and thus I'm resending it. It would
> be nice if more xwiki developers were logged on irc so kickstart this. I'm
> personally logged every day. The idea is not to bypass the mailing list
> (which should be used to record any decision) but to have another medium
> when we need to quickly exchange information when we develop.

Right. There are some bugs in trillian for automatic connection and
reconnections. I had been using trillion for about 2 years for IRC but I've
just dropped it in favor of using mIRC (on windows) and it now works much
better. I still need to find out how to get it started on windows startup
and how to automatically connect to servers but at least reconnection works
fine.

-Vincent