RE: Is there a way to escape XWiki syntax?

RE: Is there a way to escape XWiki syntax?

Stephen Schaub
This is a significant usability issue that I raised over a year ago (http://old.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/SyntaxProcessingIssues). Because of XWiki's multiple rendering engine support, escaping the syntax is harder than it should be. It was scheduled to be addressed for the 1.0 release, but I was disappointed to see that addressing this has been bumped back to 1.1:

http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-208

Still, I'm glad to see determined movement towards a final 1.0 release, and hopefully this issue can be addressed in the 1.1 release.

Stephen

> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:06:00 +1100

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: RE: [xwiki-users] Is there a way to escape XWiki syntax?
>
> Try enclosing the wiki markup with {pre}...{/pre} as well as
> {code}...{code}; also try putting a back slash (\) before the hash/pound
> (#) character.
>
> JT

Get free, personalized online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora. Try it!

Re: Is there a way to escape XWiki syntax?

Sergiu Dumitriu
Yes, we're trying very hard to have a stable 1.0 release. It's not perfect, and of course there are missing features, but if we'll wait until everything is implemented, we'll never have a 1.0 release.

Don't worry, there will be a macro for printing unescaped code.

And thanks for using XWiki,
Sergiu Dumitriu

This is a significant usability issue that I raised over a year ago (<a href="http://old.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/SyntaxProcessingIssues" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://old.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/SyntaxProcessingIssues ). Because of XWiki's multiple rendering engine support, escaping the syntax is harder than it should be. It was scheduled to be addressed for the 1.0 release, but I was disappointed to see that addressing this has been bumped back to 1.1:

Get free, personalized online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora. <a href="http://radio.msn.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">Try it!