RE: language links not working(VERY BIZARRE)

RE: language links not working(VERY BIZARRE)

Hiller, Dean
RE: [xwiki-users] language links not working(VERY BIZARRE)

okay, I went to first page and then went to More Actions and then XWiki Preferences.  The settings were yes, en, en.  I changed these to yes, fr, fr and now my wiki is all in English again.....I set my wiki to french and it goes to english.  This sounds pretty weird, but I got it working again for a while at least.

dean

Re: language links not working(VERY BIZARRE)

Ludovic Dubost

First you need to make a difference between 3 things:

1/ The xwiki action menus (Edit this page, More Actions)
2/ The xwiki toolbar (Home, What's New, Register, etc..)
3/ The content of your wiki

Currently there is a bug in the monolingual mode which should not be used
The multilingual mode does not make use of the default language fields
in the preferences. The language shown to user depends on two things:

1/ First thing checked is a language cookie (the cookie is set when you
click on the language links at the top right)
2/ Second is the language of your browser

Now the source of the information is different for the 3 types of content

1/ The translations come from java resources
2/ The translations come from preference objects. The language field in
the preference objects are matched against the language searched. If
there is none the first preference object is used. To edit the
preference object for multiple languages, you need to use More
Actions/Edit Objects
3/ The translation come from XWiki Documents. The first edited document
has a language field and is the default document. Additional
translations can be added from the More Actions menu

I hope this clears what's happening on your install and how to fix it
for you case. I'm not sure what you are getting a mix. You should check
what you have when you use Edit Objects on the XWiki.XWikiPreferences page

Ludovic