RSS Feed

pinkerp
Having trouble with the RSS Macro. Gives me a failed to execute the RSS macro error.  I am trying to display the RSS from a blog post (xwiki blog application).

Any thoughts?

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Re: RSS Feed

pinkerp
It appears to work with external RSS feeds, however.

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Le 08/06/2016 18:51, Marius Dumitru Florea a écrit :

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Bruno <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> In XWiki Enterprise 7.4.2., is it possible to sort girls pages in a
>> tree macro ?
>>
> I suppose you are referring to the document tree macro
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Document+Tree+Macro .
> The child pages are already sorted by their (technical) name. There is
> an open issue http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12832 to sort by page title.
> What do you want to sort by?

I am referring to the gadget "Page tree" which allows to sort the pages by drag and drop. However, he does not preserve the imposed order (on my wiki).
I would like to be able to sort manually, to give the order I want to my pages (as with "Page tree" but with order preserved).
Is it possible or must I do it by creating my summary manually ?

>> For example, if I create a page for each chapter of a documentation,
>> and I want the parent page to contain the list, should I do the summary by hand ?
>>
>> Thanks.

>> Bruno Joffredo
>>
>> Ecole Centrale de Nantes
>>
>> Centre de Ressources Informatiques - Bur. D019
>>
>> 1 rue de la Noë
>>
>> BP 92101
>>
>> F-44321 Nantes cedex 3
>>
>> Tél. 02.40.37.68.06
>> Mail : [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>

Bruno Joffredo

Ecole Centrale de Nantes

Centre de Ressources Informatiques - Bur. D019

1 rue de la Noë

BP 92101

F-44321 Nantes cedex 3

Tél. 02.40.37.68.06
Mail : [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: RSS Feed

pinkerp
Sorry to bump this up again to try and get some help here, but I kind of need to solve this a bit urgently...  if possible... Anyone have ideas on this?

Paul Pinkerton
ACLCO/ KnowledgeNow

Having trouble with the RSS Macro. Gives me a failed to execute the RSS macro error.  I am trying to display the RSS from a blog post (xwiki blog application).  It seems to work with an external (public) RSS, but an RSS feed from the internal blog (requires users to login) doesn't seem to work.

Any thoughts?

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

Le 08/06/2016 18:51, Marius Dumitru Florea a écrit :

> On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Bruno <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> In XWiki Enterprise 7.4.2., is it possible to sort girls pages in a
>> tree macro ?
>>
> I suppose you are referring to the document tree macro
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Document+Tree+Macro .
> The child pages are already sorted by their (technical) name. There is
> an open issue http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12832 to sort by page title.
> What do you want to sort by?

I am referring to the gadget "Page tree" which allows to sort the pages by drag and drop. However, he does not preserve the imposed order (on my wiki).
I would like to be able to sort manually, to give the order I want to my pages (as with "Page tree" but with order preserved).
Is it possible or must I do it by creating my summary manually ?

>> For example, if I create a page for each chapter of a documentation,
>> and I want the parent page to contain the list, should I do the summary by hand ?
>>
>> Thanks.

>> Bruno Joffredo
>>
>> Ecole Centrale de Nantes
>>
>> Centre de Ressources Informatiques - Bur. D019
>>
>> 1 rue de la Noë
>>
>> BP 92101
>>
>> F-44321 Nantes cedex 3
>>
>> Tél. 02.40.37.68.06
>> Mail : [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>

Bruno Joffredo

Ecole Centrale de Nantes

Centre de Ressources Informatiques - Bur. D019

1 rue de la Noë

BP 92101

F-44321 Nantes cedex 3

Tél. 02.40.37.68.06
Mail : [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: RSS Feed

mahomed
I've never really used the RSS feed or the blog, but sounds like you have a permissions issue.

Have you given "Unregistered Users" view permission and unticked "Prevent unregistered users from viewing pages, regardless of the page or space rights" in Administration > Rights?

Apart from that, you may want to post more details with links to the plugin, screenshots and a copy of the error message.

Kind regards,

Mahomed Hussein
Custodian Data Centre
Email: [hidden email]