Re-2: creating new blogs

o.oyelade
Hello Jeremi,
Thanks for your response. By diary entries I mean the displayed format of entries into the blog should be such that
1. it shows the time the entry was added
2. date entry was added
3. heading of the entry
4. an extract
5. a link to read the whole article.

You will observe that the news implementation in XWIKI is structured exactly like this.
I wanted to know if I can make individual blogs like this without having to make them out of the existing 'news' framework....
more like recreating the news scenario and using it for something else.
Thanks for your anticipated help.
Niyi

Re: Re-2: creating new blogs

jeremi joslin
On 03 Mar 2006 09:33:25 UT, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Jeremi,
> Thanks for your response. By diary entries I mean the displayed format of entries into the blog should be such that
> 1. it shows the time the entry was added
> 2. date entry was added
> 3. heading of the entry
> 4. an extract
> 5. a link to read the whole article.
>
> You will observe that the news implementation in XWIKI is structured exactly like this.
> I wanted to know if I can make individual blogs like this without having to make them out of the existing 'news' framework....
> more like recreating the news scenario and using it for something else.
> Thanks for your anticipated help.
> Niyi

Hi,
You can take a look at
http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/Macros?xpage=code&
It's the velocity code of the blog plugin. There is sql query in and a
foreach loop. You can modify it to find posts from where you want.

Jérémi