Quantcast

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

Michael Dockham
Thanks - I signed up to the forum and pasted in my issue into the new forum.

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a certificate problem for https://forum.xwiki.org so please use
> https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM.
>
> Seems that we’re hitting a limitation of Let’sEncrypt since a certificate
> is generated for a unique domain name.
>
> Thanks and sorry for the trouble
> -Vincent
>
> > On 15 May 2017, at 17:32, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better
> to use:
> >
> > https://forum.xwiki.org

> >> On 15 May 2017, at 17:09, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi XWiki users,
> >>
> >> In order to make it simpler and more modern for users to participate to
> XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:
> >>
> >> https://discourse.xwiki.org
> >>
> >> Please start using it instead of the XWiki User Mailing list. This
> mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to
> the forum ASAP.
> >>
> >> Note that you can subscribe to receive all forum posts as email
> notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also
> note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re
> still trying to configure this).
> >>
> >> We hope that you’ll appreciate this move :)
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent
> >>
> >> PS: For the moment the XWiki Devs mailing list remains. It’s possible
> that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided
> and we’re migrating the users list first.

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

Congrats, you’re the first user of this new forum! :)

> On 15 May 2017, at 18:23, Michael Dockham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks - I signed up to the forum and pasted in my issue into the new forum.
>
> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a certificate problem for https://forum.xwiki.org so please use
>> https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM.
>>
>> Seems that we’re hitting a limitation of Let’sEncrypt since a certificate
>> is generated for a unique domain name.
>>
>> Thanks and sorry for the trouble
>> -Vincent
>>
>>> On 15 May 2017, at 17:32, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better
>> to use:
>>>
>>> https://forum.xwiki.org
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

>> XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:

>> mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to
>> the forum ASAP.

>> notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also
>> note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re
>> still trying to configure this).

>> that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided
>> and we’re migrating the users list first.

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

-----
Hi everyone,

FYI I’ve now installed the Solve Issue plugin on our Discourse instance.

This allows users to mark topics as solved. I’ve also defined 2 associated badges FTM: one for the first accepted answer and one for 10 accepted answers ;)

(see https://meta.discourse.org/t/discourse-solved-accepted-answer-plugin/30155 if you’re curious ;)

This is quite nice since it allows seeing solved topics right from the home page with the ticked-box icon.

We can also see for a given category all solved or non solved topics:
* solved: https://forum.xwiki.org/c/Discuss?solved=yes
* non solved: https://forum.xwiki.org/c/Discuss?solved=no

So I’d like to ask users asking question to mark topics as solved when they consider that they got the answer they needed!

> On 15 May 2017, at 17:09, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi XWiki users,
>
> In order to make it simpler and more modern for users to participate to XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:
>
> https://discourse.xwiki.org
>
> Please start using it instead of the XWiki User Mailing list. This mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to the forum ASAP.
>
> Note that you can subscribe to receive all forum posts as email notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re still trying to configure this).
>
> We hope that you’ll appreciate this move :)

> PS: For the moment the XWiki Devs mailing list remains. It’s possible that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided and we’re migrating the users list first.

Re: [xwiki-devs] [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----
Looks nice indeed.