Re: Attachments on free xwiki.com hosted wiki keep disappearing - explanation

Re: Attachments on free xwiki.com hosted wiki keep disappearing - explanation

Robin Fernandes
It turns the cause of the problem was on my side. When attachments
were working again I happened to be using IE - and after switching
back to Firefox, it was broken again.
After binary chopping through my Firefox extensions, the culprit was
pretty obvious: the prefetch option in Fasterfox was causing the page
to be saved twice, the second time with no attachments. :)

Regards,
Robin

On 13/03/06, jeremi joslin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/14/06, Robin Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Looks like this was a temporary glitch. I re-attached the two images
> > on the openmpt wiki yesterday and they are still there now.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Robin
> Ok,
> sorry, i was busy i didn't try.
> cool
>
> Jérémi
>
> --
> Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
> Project Manager XWiki: http://www.xwiki.org
> skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]

Re: Attachments on free xwiki.com hosted wiki keep disappearing - explanation

Ludovic Dubost

You mean, the prefetch went and called the "delete" attachments calls ?
Maybe we need to add some directives to forbid the prefetch to call XWiki ?

Ludovici

Robin Fernandes a écrit :

> It turns the cause of the problem was on my side. When attachments
> were working again I happened to be using IE - and after switching
> back to Firefox, it was broken again.
> After binary chopping through my Firefox extensions, the culprit was
> pretty obvious: the prefetch option in Fasterfox was causing the page
> to be saved twice, the second time with no attachments. :)
>
> Regards,
> Robin
>
> On 13/03/06, jeremi joslin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 3/14/06, Robin Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like this was a temporary glitch. I re-attached the two images
>>> on the openmpt wiki yesterday and they are still there now.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Robin
>>>
>> Ok,
>> sorry, i was busy i didn't try.
>> cool
>>
>> Jérémi
>>
>> --
>> Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
>> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
>> Project Manager XWiki: http://www.xwiki.org
>> skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]

Re: Attachments on free xwiki.com hosted wiki keep disappearing - explanation

Robin Fernandes
Yes, prefetch must have been visiting the delete links.
Prefetches should have the "x-moz: prefetch" header in the request, so
if you could block them out that would probably be a good thing.