Re: Extensibility of XWiki

Hans Gerwitz
Since this came up on xwiki-users, any idea what the timeframe for
Groovy-powered custom tags looks like?  Is this going to wait for
WikiModel?
- - -
Hans Gerwitz
http://phobia.com/

On Dec 19, 2005, at 9:11 AM, Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The easiest solution for custom tags is the use of velocity macros
>
> Ludovic
>
> malesch a écrit :
>> Dear XWiki Community
>>
>> I am completely new to XWiki but so far I think, it could be a
>> ideal starting point for
>> realizing a personal documentation system.
>>
>> However, I would need to extend XWiki for new custom tags which
>> would allow me
>> structuring my contents in a special way.
>>
>> Can this easily be done with XWiki? Are plugins the "way to go"?
>> Can limitations
>> for XWiki's extensibility already be pointed out?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>> ma/esch

> Ludovic Dubost
> XPertNet: http://www.xpertnet.fr/
> Blog: http://www.ludovic.org/blog/
> XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
> Skype: ldubost AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic
>

> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the xwiki-
> wws

Re: Re: Extensibility of XWiki

Groovy custom tags are unrelated with WikiModel..

The main limitation with Groovy is the security of groovy code. We need
to implement a security manager to allow groovy execution in a secure
environment and then allow this for code created by non-admins. This
could actually be done by porting some code from Biscuit, another wiki
engine embedding groovy.

Once we have this, custom tags would be open to groovy using the code in
the XWikiMacrosMappingRenderer and configuration in the XWiki
preferences (this is available in the SVN version).

Ludovic