Re : XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

Re : XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

Jeremie
Hi,

You miss the .execute() at the end :)

Br,
Jeremie

Envoyé depuis mon HTC

Re: Re : XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi!

Call me stupid! Thanks, Jeremie! Thanks Louis-Marie and Ebo!

But I'm afraid I'm still not able to run the script without errors. It seems to me that the XWQL query...

SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2
WHERE comm2.comment LIKE '%Withdrawal:2011%'

doesn't generate a suitable list to enter in a NOT In construct. It generates this...

[XWiki.MariaCerezo, XWiki.RodrigoCabanasGancedo, XWiki.JeronimoFortezaVila, ...]

And it seems that NOT IN needs something like this...

'XWiki.MariaCerezo', 'XWiki.RodrigoCabanasGancedo', 'XWiki.JeronimoFortezaVila', ...

At the bottom of the page...

http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/SnapshotE0012012

... you'll find the error and the script split into several code chunks working perfectly.

Please, am I right with the source of the problem? How could I change to the 'item','item2',ìtem3'...

How could I change the way XWQL gives layout to the list?

Thank you very much!!

> Br,
> Jeremie
>
> Envoyé depuis mon HTC

Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

Getting closer :)

Ricardo, when you resolve this, it would be great if you could add an example on http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Query+Module so that next time someone has the same question he/she can find some example of nested query there.

On May 23, 2013, at 1:36 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi!

>>> Gender:xxxxxxxx
>>> Withdrawal:20111231
>>> Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001
>>>
>>> Thus, I'm still not able to design a query to retrive ONLY user
>>> XWD_ID:416379378 based on comments :-( Your proposals answer with a list
>>> including both users n times. I'm not able neither of explain n in both
>>> cases... any idea will be welcome!
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your help,
>>>
>>> Ricardo

Hi Vincent, all!

Please, do you think this is of any value and clear enough as to going to XWiki Extensions Query Module page?

http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/QueryOnComments

Thanks!

Ricardo, when you resolve this, it would be great if you could add an example on http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Query+Module so that next time someone has the same question he/she can find some example of nested query there.

On May 23, 2013, at 1:36 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi!

>>> Gender:xxxxxxxx
>>> Withdrawal:20111231
>>> Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001
>>>
>>> Thus, I'm still not able to design a query to retrive ONLY user
>>> XWD_ID:416379378 based on comments :-( Your proposals answer with a list
>>> including both users n times. I'm not able neither of explain n in both
>>> cases... any idea will be welcome!
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your help,
>>>
>>> Ricardo

http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

Hi Ricardo,

On May 28, 2013, at 7:35 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vincent, all!
>
> Please, do you think this is of any value and clear enough as to going to XWiki Extensions Query Module page?
>
> http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/QueryOnComments

Yes it would be great to add this to extensions.xwiki.org :)

Since it's not a single query I'm not sure the best place is the query module page.

I'd say that it could be added as an entire snippet on extensions.xwiki.org.

Important Note: Your code is written dangerously and is subject to XSS attacks. You need to modify it and use binding:

#set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2
WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE '$string1'")

should be:

#set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2
WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")

And then:

$services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1", string1).execute()

> Thanks!

Paul Libbrecht-2
Wow, such a query is likely to be slow on a big wiki... I'd sift a word on that (as it uses the "like" operator of the DB).
Using the lucene or solr search modules is likely to give a considerable amount of performance gain.

paul

On 28 mai 2013, at 08:45, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> On May 28, 2013, at 7:35 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vincent, all!
>>
>> Please, do you think this is of any value and clear enough as to going to XWiki Extensions Query Module page?
>>
>> http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/QueryOnComments
>
> Yes it would be great to add this to extensions.xwiki.org :)
>
> Since it's not a single query I'm not sure the best place is the query module page.
>
> I'd say that it could be added as an entire snippet on extensions.xwiki.org.
>
> Important Note: Your code is written dangerously and is subject to XSS attacks. You need to modify it and use binding:
>
> #set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2
> WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE '$string1'")
>
> should be:
>
> #set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2
> WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
>
> And then:
>
> $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1", string1).execute()

>> Thanks!

Hi Vicent!

Thanks for the note, Vicent! I've already tried that, but I was not able to solve this error:

Caused by: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 3: Exception while hibernate execute
Wrapped Exception: could not locate named parameter [string1]

I've modified the code at the link below to show you the whole error message...

http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/QueryOnComments

I read your reference to bind variables in http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Query+Module, but I'm not able to find my error!

Please, where am I wrong? I'm still working with a XE 2.4.30451 installation.

Thanks!

http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi Paul! Thanks for your comment. Performance is already an issue in our "not so big" wiki! Thus, we have to keep an eye on any alternative than can offer us a better response even with simple queries. But, even although we are still working with an old XE release, it is still possible to use it to better understand the XWiki Data Model and be ready to leverage its power when we can upgrade to a newer installation.

Greetings!

Ricardo

http://www.idisantiago.es

On May 30, 2013, at 10:54 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Vicent!

It's easy, you've used string1 instead of $string1 in bindValue()… :)

> I read your reference to bind variables in http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Query+Module, but I'm not able to find my error!
>
> Please, where am I wrong? I'm still working with a XE 2.4.30451 installation.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> And then:
>>
>> $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1", string1).execute()

>>> Thanks!

Sorry for top-replying, but this email client is a PITA!

Something else must be failing, this alternatives don't work neither:

#set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
#set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1",$string1).execute())

#set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
#set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1",'$string1').execute())

#set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
#set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1","$string1").execute())

I always get the same error...

Caused by: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 3: Exception while hibernate execute
Wrapped Exception: could not locate named parameter [string1]

Any idea will be welcome!

Thanks!

On May 30, 2013, at 10:54 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Vicent!

http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

Try this:

#set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE :string1")
#set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1","test").execute())

On May 31, 2013, at 9:14 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Vicent!
>
> Sorry for top-replying, but this email client is a PITA!
>
> Something else must be failing, this alternatives don't work neither:
>
> #set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
> #set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1",$string1).execute())
>
> #set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
> #set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1",'$string1').execute())
>
> #set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
> #set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1","$string1").execute())
>
> I always get the same error...
>
> Caused by: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 3: Exception while hibernate execute
> Wrapped Exception: could not locate named parameter [string1]
>
> Any idea will be welcome!
>
> Thanks!

See also
http://playground.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Vincent

On May 31, 2013, at 9:26 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try this:
>
> #set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE :string1")
> #set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1","test").execute())

> On May 31, 2013, at 9:14 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Vicent!
>>
>> Sorry for top-replying, but this email client is a PITA!
>>
>> Something else must be failing, this alternatives don't work neither:
>>
>> #set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
>> #set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1",$string1).execute())
>>
>> #set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
>> #set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1",'$string1').execute())
>>
>> #set ($xwqlquery = "SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2, doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE doc2.translation = 0 and comm2.comment LIKE ':string1'")
>> #set ($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery).bindValue("string1","$string1").execute())
>>
>> I always get the same error...
>>
>> Caused by: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 3: Exception while hibernate execute
>> Wrapped Exception: could not locate named parameter [string1]
>>
>> Any idea will be welcome!
>>
>> Thanks!

Thanks  Vincent! The evil were in the XWQL sentence: it read ':string1' instead of :string1.

Could it be useful to add an XWQL sentence example to the Query Module page or a link to a page explaining the syntax to avoid this kind of errors?

http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/QueryOnComments

I'll copy it to the snippet's repository ASAP!

Cheers!

Ricardo

http://www.idisantiago.es

Done, see http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Query+Module

> http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/QueryOnComments
>
> I'll copy it to the snippet's repository ASAP!
>
> Cheers!
>
> Ricardo

Here you have our very small contribution...

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/XWQL+Query+on+comments

Thanks for your work and your help!