Re: Your form "Downloading XWiki (xwiki.org)" got a response

Re: Your form "Downloading XWiki (xwiki.org)" got a response

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for filling out this form, this help us! :)

See below

> On 3 Aug 2017, at 20:05, Response Report <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Your form "Downloading XWiki (xwiki.org)" has received the following response:
>
> Submitted on: 03/08/17 20:05:15

[snip]

> Would you like to get into details?
> Q. Suggest Improvements
> R. Dashboard Design - Ready to start designs / Templates - improvement in navigation
> Missing features: Professional project management with milestones, deadlines, effort, time measuring, UML diagram support

Let me try to explain what exists and you can tell me if it’s enough or not, ok? :)

* "Dashboard Design". We have this: http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Dashboard%20Application (and http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Dashboard%20Macro). You can drag and drop widgets to move them around, add columns, etc. What’s missing?

* "Ready to start designs / Templates”. We are bundling these templates: http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Templates%20Application/. Is that good enough?

* " improvement in navigation”. Could you give some examples/more details?

* "Missing features: Professional project management with milestones, deadlines, effort, time measuring”. Indeed but it’s not the goal of XWiki to provide a professional project management tool; there are plenty of (web)apps that do this much better already :). We do have a lightweight version though: http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Generic%20Project%20Management%20Application

* "UML diagram support”. We do support this through several macros.
- http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/PlantUML%20Macro
- http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/YUML%20Macro
- http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Sequence%20Diagram%20Macro

WDYT? I’d love to know more from you and to understand what we’re missing.

XWiki committer