Re: authentication LDAP doesn't support "." in logi n names

Re: authentication LDAP doesn't support "." in logi n names

Wright, Philip
  Try to configure it using AD's WwwHomepage field as the username or
another such field. I used an LDAP admin program to create everyones
username in the WwwHomepage field without any spaces "." Or other special
characters and used that as my username.

#-# new LDAP authentication service
xwiki.authentication.authclass=com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthSer
viceImpl

#-# Turn LDAP authentication on - otherwise only XWiki authentication #-# 0:
disable #-# 1: enable
xwiki.authentication.ldap=1

#-# LDAP Server (Active Directory, eDirectory, OpenLDAP, etc.)
xwiki.authentication.ldap.server=Local.Ip.Address.here
xwiki.authentication.ldap.port=389

#-# LDAP login, empty = anonymous access, otherwise specify full dn #-# {0}
is replaced with the username, {1} with the password
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_DN=CN=*account with ldap browsing privledges
using
CN*,OU=Path,DC=TO,DC=THE,DC=Domain/OU,DC=HEREusingstandardldapformating
xwiki.authentication.ldap.bind_pass=*previously mentioned cn's password*

#-# Force to check password after LDAP connection #-# 0: disable #-# 1:
enable xwiki.authentication.ldap.validate_password=0

#-# base DN for searches
xwiki.authentication.ldap.base_DN=
DC=TO,DC=THE,DC=Domain,DC=HEREusingstandardldapformating

#-# Specifies the LDAP attribute containing the identifier to be used as the
XWiki name (default=cn) xwiki.authentication.ldap.UID_attr=wWWHomePage

#-# retrieve the following fields from LDAP and store them in the XWiki user
object (xwiki-attribute=ldap-attribute) #-# ldap_dn=dn  -- dn is set by
class, caches dn in XWiki.user object for faster access
xwiki.authentication.ldap.fields_mapping=last_name=sn,first_name=givenName,f
ullname=wWWHomePage,email=mail,ldap_dn=dn

#-# [SINCE 1.3M2, XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl] #-# on every login update the
mapped attributes from LDAP to XWiki otherwise this happens only once when
the XWiki account is created.
xwiki.authentication.ldap.update_user=1

#-# [SINCE 1.3M2, XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl] #-# if ldap authentication fails
for any reason, try XWiki DB authentication with the same credentials
xwiki.authentication.ldap.trylocal=1

Philip Wright

Reports Analyst

ACS: BPS
Affiliated Computer Services, Inc

Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS) Proprietary and Confidential
Information
This document (or any part thereof) may not be disseminated outside of ACS
in either electronic or physical form without specific authorization of the
office of the ACS Chief Information Security Officer. The information
included in this document represents no commitment by ACS to any other
party. The policies and standards described do not consider any country law
or other directive outside of the United States.

Re: authentication LDAP doesn't support "." in logi n names

João Paulo Lima
2008/7/17 Wright, Philip <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
> fails
> for any reason, try XWiki DB authentication with the same credentials
> xwiki.authentication.ldap.trylocal=1
>

> Philip Wright
>
> Reports Analyst
>
> ACS: BPS
> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc
>

> Affiliated Computer Services, Inc (ACS) Proprietary and Confidential
> Information
> This document (or any part thereof) may not be disseminated outside of ACS
> in either electronic or physical form without specific authorization of the
> office of the ACS Chief Information Security Officer. The information
> included in this document represents no commitment by ACS to any other
> party. The policies and standards described do not consider any country law
> or other directive outside of the United States.
>
> P Please consider the environment before printing this email

João Paulo de Lima

Re: authentication LDAP doesn't support "." in logi n names

João Paulo Lima
Guys,

Should the version 1.5rc1 support character dot in login names???

Thanks!!!

--
João Paulo de Lima

Re: authentication LDAP doesn't support "." in logi n names

Jean-Vincent Drean
Yes.

Source : http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2264
ps : 1.5RC2 will be released in the coming hours.

JV.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 3:24 PM, João Paulo Lima <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Should the version 1.5rc1 support character dot in login names???

Re: authentication LDAP doesn't support "." in logi n names

João Paulo Lima
Unfortunately, i downloaded version 1.5rc1 and it doesn't accept login with
dot. It seems like only version 1.5M2 has this patch. But i didn't get find
out where i can to download it.

Does anybody know if version 1.5rc2 will solve this problem???

Where can i download version 1.5M2???