Re: [xwiki-devs] [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----
Note that mails sent by Discourse are still associated to
discourse.xwiki.org, probably something to change on Discourse setup.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 15 May 2017, at 18:07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a certificate problem for https://forum.xwiki.org so please use https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM.
>>
>> Seems that we’re hitting a limitation of Let’sEncrypt since a certificate is generated for a unique domain name.
>
> ok the certificate problem has been solved and you can now use https://forum.xwiki.org

>> Thanks and sorry for the trouble
>> -Vincent
>>
>>> On 15 May 2017, at 17:32, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better to use:
>>>
>>> https://forum.xwiki.org
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

Re: [xwiki-devs] [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

RicardoJulioRodriguezFernandez
[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----
Great! Please, should we be able to log in by using an existing xwiki.org
account?

Thanks!

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:23 PM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and
> moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made
> readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]
>
> -----
> Note that mails sent by Discourse are still associated to
> discourse.xwiki.org, probably something to change on Discourse setup.
>
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> On 15 May 2017, at 18:07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We have a certificate problem for https://forum.xwiki.org so please
> use https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM.
> >>
> >> Seems that we’re hitting a limitation of Let’sEncrypt since a
> certificate is generated for a unique domain name.
> >
> > ok the certificate problem has been solved and you can now use
> https://forum.xwiki.org

> >> Thanks and sorry for the trouble
> >> -Vincent

> better to use:

> to XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:

> mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to
> the forum ASAP.

> notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also
> note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re
> still trying to configure this).

> that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided
> and we’re migrating the users list first.

Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: [xwiki-devs] [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----
Indeed making Discourse authenticate on xwiki.org would have been nice.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:36 PM, [IDIS Technical Secretariat] Ricardo
Rodríguez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----
> Great! Please, should we be able to log in by using an existing xwiki.org
> account?
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:23 PM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> [[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and
>> moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made
>> readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]
>>
>> -----
>> Note that mails sent by Discourse are still associated to
>> discourse.xwiki.org, probably something to change on Discourse setup.

>> use https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM.

>> certificate is generated for a unique domain name.
>> >
>> > ok the certificate problem has been solved and you can now use
>> https://forum.xwiki.org
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > -Vincent

>> better to use:

>> to XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:

>> mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to
>> the forum ASAP.

>> notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also
>> note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re
>> still trying to configure this).

>> that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided
>> and we’re migrating the users list first.
>> >>>>

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne
>>
> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Research Management and Promotion Technician
> Technical Secretariat
> Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
> http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: [xwiki-devs] [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----

> On 16 May 2017, at 15:25, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----
> Indeed making Discourse authenticate on xwiki.org would have been nice.

It would still be nice and can still be done! :)

@Thomas: maybe we could try using the xwiki openid connect integration extension? I would need your help to configure this.

Quick search:
- https://meta.discourse.org/t/custom-provider-using-openid-connect-via-identityserver3/30900/2
- https://meta.discourse.org/t/oauth2-basic-support/33879
- https://github.com/ComputerScienceHouse/DiscourseOIDC

BTW in the settings, I can configure google oauth2, facebook, twitter, instagram and there are plenty of SSO config parameters.

@Thomas: I’ve put you as Admin if you wish to check them out at https://forum.xwiki.org/admin/site_settings/category/login

> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:36 PM, [IDIS Technical Secretariat] Ricardo
> Rodríguez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> -----
>> Great! Please, should we be able to log in by using an existing xwiki.org
>> account?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:23 PM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> [[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and
>>> moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made
>>> readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Note that mails sent by Discourse are still associated to
>>> discourse.xwiki.org, probably something to change on Discourse setup.

>>> use https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM.

>>> certificate is generated for a unique domain name.

>>> https://forum.xwiki.org

>>> better to use:

>>> to XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:

>>> mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to
>>> the forum ASAP.

>>> notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also
>>> note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re
>>> still trying to configure this).

>>> that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided
>>> and we’re migrating the users list first.
>>>>>>>

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne
>>>
>> --
>> Ricardo Rodríguez
>> Research Management and Promotion Technician
>> Technical Secretariat
>> Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
>> http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: [xwiki-devs] [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----
I won't have time to look at it this week. I can check that locally on
Monday probably.