Really stuck on registration form

maxelcat
Please help!

Have to edit the registration. I have added Xwiki registration and started
off by copying registerinline.vm into it, and removing the outer if clause

I have added several properties to the xwikiuser class, and by looking at
the code in registration have got the new fields in.

I have added the new fields to the profile pages too.

When I register a new user and go to their profile all the new fields are
blank - they display their boxes, but nothing in them.

Have I missed a step somewhere???

Very happy to share code if needs be but I am really stuck!

Could somebody please help!

Re: Really stuck on registration form

maxelcat
I have just discovered that client is uising postgres - different database -
could that be anything to do with it?

Edward Laptop wrote:

> Please help!
>
> Have to edit the registration. I have added Xwiki registration and started
> off by copying registerinline.vm into it, and removing the outer if clause
>
> I have added several properties to the xwikiuser class, and by looking at
> the code in registration have got the new fields in.
>
> I have added the new fields to the profile pages too.
>
> When I register a new user and go to their profile all the new fields are
> blank - they display their boxes, but nothing in them.
>
> Have I missed a step somewhere???
>
> Very happy to share code if needs be but I am really stuck!
>
> Could somebody please help!

Most likely the fields in the registration form don't have the right
name. Be sure you used something like:

          #set($prop = $class.yournewfield)
          <dt>Your new field:</dt>
          <dd>$doc.displayEdit($prop, "register_",  $obj)</dd>

Note the "register_", make sure it's not "register2_".

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Edward Laptop wrote:
> I have just discovered that client is uising postgres - different database -
> could that be anything to do with it?

No, XWiki doesn't have that many DB-specific behaviors (there are a few,
but they are not related to your problem).

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: Really stuck on registration form

maxelcat

Many thanks for your replies Sergiu - and going through code with toothpick
now!