RedPen Integration

oussema hidri
Hello XWIKI developers:

My name is Oussema Hidri and I am software engineer student.
For GSoC I am interested  about the http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/
GoogleSummerOfCode/RedPenIntegration2017.
Few days ago I discussed with one of the members in IRC and he advised me
to download and install both XWIKI and RedPen, understand them and write a
proposal to you =)
I did that and I read the documentations, and as I understood the project
is about making an extension that involves validating the content entered
by the user.

What should be my next step be?
Should I start writing my proposal, or send Pull Requests to the JIRA
issues?

With Love,
Oussema Hidri.

Re: RedPen Integration

Hi Oussema,

> On 27 Mar 2017, at 21:43, oussema hidri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello XWIKI developers:
>
> My name is Oussema Hidri and I am software engineer student.
> For GSoC I am interested  about the http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/
> GoogleSummerOfCode/RedPenIntegration2017.
> Few days ago I discussed with one of the members in IRC and he advised me
> to download and install both XWIKI and RedPen, understand them and write a
> proposal to you =)

That could have been me ;)

> I did that and I read the documentations, and as I understood the project
> is about making an extension that involves validating the content entered
> by the user.

Yes.

> What should be my next step be?
> Should I start writing my proposal, or send Pull Requests to the JIRA
> issues?

Both!

See http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/Guidelines

GSOC timeline: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline

"
March 20 16:00 UTC Student application period opens
April 3 16:00 UTC Student application deadline
"

So you have till Apr 3 to submit your proposal to GSOC. We can help you review it but you need to write it.