Quantcast

Redeploy the XWiki webapp ?

Douglas Landau
Greets,

The LDAP Authenticator extension webpage says
"Unlike editing xwiki.cfg, which requires you to redeploy the XWiki webapp, ..."

How does one redeploy the app?

Thanks
Doug

Re: Redeploy the XWiki webapp ?

Douglas Landau
Sometimes - maybe every time, not sure - that I start xwiki, I get "XWiki initializing (12%)"
Is that re-deploying?

Thanks

wrote:

> [...]

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an email to [hidden email].

The information contained in this transmission may contain West Marine proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message. To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an email to [hidden email].

RicardoJulioRodriguezFernandez
Hi!

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:05 AM Douglas Landau <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Greets,
>
> The LDAP Authenticator extension webpage says
> "Unlike editing xwiki.cfg, which requires you to redeploy the XWiki
> webapp, ..."
>
> How does one redeploy the app?

The most straigthforward way is by restarting your application server.
Tomcat?

> Thanks
> Doug

Greetings

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: Redeploy the XWiki webapp ?

"redeploy" means restart. There is ways to redeploy an application
without restarting the application server but you should probably not
bother with that.

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:03 AM, Douglas Landau
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greets,
>
> The LDAP Authenticator extension webpage says
> "Unlike editing xwiki.cfg, which requires you to redeploy the XWiki webapp, ..."
>
> How does one redeploy the app?
>
> Thanks
> Doug

And it would cause warnings with Tomcat since XWiki doesn’t free up resources properly and Tomcat has some verification for that. So it’s best to always stop your servlet container and restart it.

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:03 AM, Douglas Landau
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Greets,
>>
>> The LDAP Authenticator extension webpage says
>> "Unlike editing xwiki.cfg, which requires you to redeploy the XWiki webapp, ..."
>>
>> How does one redeploy the app?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Doug

I updated a bit the documentation to make it more accessible to people
not used to Java application servers setup.