Regarding working on ideas of GSOC, 2018

Regarding working on ideas of GSOC, 2018

AADITYA KUMARRAI IET Lucknow Student
 Hello Sir,

 This is Aaditya Kumar Rai,pursuing Computer Science Engineering (currently
in Second Year ) at one of Premier Government college in India.
 I have good hand on working over open source projects based on Programming
& Full Stack Development in Web and Applications, as I have already
developed :
a) Library management System(using Python)
b)Retrieving Processing and Visualizing data with Python(Under guidnace of
Prof.Charles Severance ,University Of Michigan)

Currently working on :
a) A dynamic website development that will work on Availability of all
resources to college students (using HTML ,CSS, Javascript,AngularJS  for
back-end NodeJS)

As I have extreme interest to explore open source arena more deeper to
enhance my knowledge further so that i can gain industrial experience too.
Sir, i am applying for GSOC first time and due to unavailability of
Guidance ,i have lost much of time in preparation for GSOC,18.

I am helpless ,please guide and help me and I am pretty much sure that
within such short of time , i will put my all efforts and skills to fix
bugs and Patch it additional to submission of Proposals and will prove
Myself best for those given Projects.

I have good deal of experience with development in,C HTML5, CSS3 ,Advanced
Python , Javascript & PHP, I find myself able to work on following ideas:-
            a)   Idea 1 -Google Blockly Editor
            b)   Idea 2 -  Idea : Translation in context
            c)    Idea 3 - .idea :   XWiki-StaticSiteGen
Brief description:
I am little bit confused on how to start? How can i show my worth to you or
should i directly focus on proposal or any bug patches first or discuss my
solution first?
        Please guide me from here on how to proceed further.
Thanking You!

Regards..
Aaditya Kumar Rai

--

------------------------------
*Institute of Engineering & Technology,* <http://www.ietlucknow.ac.in>
Uttar Pradesh,India
PIN : 226021

Re: Regarding working on ideas of GSOC, 2018

Hi and welcome !

You should take a look at
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/Guidelines#HIncreasingyourchancesofbeingacceptedasastudent.

The best is to select issues related to the areas you would like to
work on (html export, translations). You might also want to take a
look at http://l10n.xwiki.org.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 11:30 AM, AADITYA KUMARRAI IET Lucknow Student
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hello Sir,
>
>  This is Aaditya Kumar Rai,pursuing Computer Science Engineering (currently
> in Second Year ) at one of Premier Government college in India.
>  I have good hand on working over open source projects based on Programming
> & Full Stack Development in Web and Applications, as I have already
> developed :
> a) Library management System(using Python)
> b)Retrieving Processing and Visualizing data with Python(Under guidnace of
> Prof.Charles Severance ,University Of Michigan)
>
> Currently working on :
> a) A dynamic website development that will work on Availability of all
> resources to college students (using HTML ,CSS, Javascript,AngularJS  for
> back-end NodeJS)
>
> As I have extreme interest to explore open source arena more deeper to
> enhance my knowledge further so that i can gain industrial experience too.
> Sir, i am applying for GSOC first time and due to unavailability of
> Guidance ,i have lost much of time in preparation for GSOC,18.
>
> I am helpless ,please guide and help me and I am pretty much sure that
> within such short of time , i will put my all efforts and skills to fix
> bugs and Patch it additional to submission of Proposals and will prove
> Myself best for those given Projects.
>
> I have good deal of experience with development in,C HTML5, CSS3 ,Advanced
> Python , Javascript & PHP, I find myself able to work on following ideas:-
>             a)   Idea 1 -Google Blockly Editor
>             b)   Idea 2 -  Idea : Translation in context
>             c)    Idea 3 - .idea :   XWiki-StaticSiteGen
> Brief description:
> I am little bit confused on how to start? How can i show my worth to you or
> should i directly focus on proposal or any bug patches first or discuss my
> solution first?
>         Please guide me from here on how to proceed further.
> Thanking You!
>
> Regards..
> Aaditya Kumar Rai
>
> --
>
> ------------------------------
> *Institute of Engineering & Technology,* <http://www.ietlucknow.ac.in>
> Sitapur Road,Lucknow
> Uttar Pradesh,India
> PIN : 226021

Re: Regarding working on ideas of GSOC, 2018

Paul Libbrecht-2
Hello Aaditya,
(if I may)

In complement to what Thomas suggested, could I suggest that you comment on the projects’ ideas that you see presented?

Each of them requires a good vision on what the product can look like at the end…
I can see a challenge for each of them:

>>             a)   Idea 1 -Google Blockly Editor
Would you be able to make it happen as a simple package that any wiki can install without any dependency on cloud-based services (as privacy is important in learning environments)?

>>             b)   Idea 2 -  Idea : Translation in context
This idea promises super-power to translators… but there can be dangers. Can you spot these dangers and suggest display methods to avoid the dangers?

>>             c)    Idea 3 - .idea :   XWiki-StaticSiteGen
The value of this project lies in its applicability to multiple contexts. What XWiki content source would you take as example and how would you imagine the workflow of people developing content? (editing, preview, and publish cycles, communication with links to the static pages…)

paul