Registration page code

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Hello!

On the user management page (
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/User+Management) there
is this info: "You can also customize the way users are registered in your
xwiki by creating a XWiki.Registration page which will override the default
registration page."

All I would like to do was to add a little warning, so I'd like to just copy
the current page code and add it.... but if I ask to view the
XWiki.Registration or XWiki.Register page codes, they are empty.
Where can I find the code for the current Register process?

Thank you,
--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: Registration page code

Jerome Velociter
Hi,

It is a velocity template in the the template folder.
You can access it here :
http://<yourserver>/xwiki/templates/registerinline.vm
You can copy its content, and paste it in XWiki.Registration, but beware
and make sure you remove the initial test :

#if(!$xwiki.hasAccessLevel("view","XWiki.Registration")||$xwiki.getDocument("XWiki.Registration").isNew())

[...] ## here is the code you want to keep

#else

$xwiki.getDocument("XWiki.Registration").getTranslatedDocument().getRenderedContent()
#end

Or your registration page will loop forever.

Regards,
Jerome.

Tiago Rinck Caveden wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On the user management page (
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/User+Management) there
> is this info: "You can also customize the way users are registered in your
> xwiki by creating a XWiki.Registration page which will override the default
> registration page."
>
> All I would like to do was to add a little warning, so I'd like to just copy
> the current page code and add it.... but if I ask to view the
> XWiki.Registration or XWiki.Register page codes, they are empty.
> Where can I find the code for the current Register process?
>
> Thank you,

Re: Registration page code

Added here:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/User+Management#HCustomizingtheRegistrationpage

PS: I keep thinking that we should never answer a user's question
directly but instead fix the doc and only reply by giving links :)
That way we'll automatically improve our documentation. That said it's
better to answer that not to answer of course :) I'm just aiming for
the next level...